The ultimate miniITX - GT430 board for XBMC-Live?
Just ran across this:

http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-intel-lga-...x-b-e.html

According to Zotac its slated for a mid July release. The first mini-ITX board to embed a Nvidia GT430 chip that I have seen. Could this be the ultimate XBMC - Live board in mini-ITX form factor?

After unsuccessfully screwing with an AMD-Fusion board / XBMC for the last three months this looks like a dream come true.

quotaholic
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.
+1 in the curiousity piqued column.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
No change in video hw decoding support since the ION2

+1 for deep pockets

-1 for those of us who can only window shop

would be curious to see a full system build cost at the end.
X3lectric Wrote:No change in video hw decoding support since the ION2

They added MPEG4 ASP decoding, and the GT 430 supports HD-Audio bit-streaming. Surely that's a worthwhile upgrade, who cares about 4K x 2K video decoding?
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Great board. But $219.99 ? Shocked

Its already there in some european shops for about €180,- (equals $240).
Philmatic Wrote:They added MPEG4 ASP decoding, and the GT 430 supports HD-Audio bit-streaming. Surely that's a worthwhile upgrade, who cares about 4K x 2K video decoding?

if you look at the link I gave you the ION2 and 430 support the feature set C so its exact same at video level.

anyway a worthwhile upgrade, if you can afford the board and full system build price tag...
X3lectric Wrote:if you look at the link I gave you the ION2 and 430 support the feature set C so its exact same at video level.

anyway a worthwhile upgrade, if you can afford the board and full system build price tag...

Sorry, you are correct on the video part, but HD audio bit-streaming is still a big feature for me.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
FYI.

Kapz786 raised a point in a different thread. Long-story short it looks like the GT 430 on this mobo is NOT capable or working over HDMI. Only Displayport or DVI.

That would qualify as a fail whale. End discussion.

---------------------------------------

I just dloaded and checked the manual for the Z68ITX-B-E:

Quote:
6. HDMI Port (Intel® HD 2000/3000 output)
7. DVI-I Port (Intel® HD 2000/3000 output)

10. Display Port (NVIDIA® GT430)
11. DVI-I Port (NVIDIA® GT430)
This looks like a definite deal-breaker.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Dustbowl claims in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112674&page=3

That he got it all working with a displayport-hdmi adapter.
At least I think it sounds promising

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The ultimate miniITX - GT430 board for XBMC-Live?0