sqlite3 addon error and platform, possible corrolation?
Currently I am dealing with the sqlite3 error in ice films running crystalbuntu. I am curious to see what platform others are running with this problem in an attempt to find some commonality. Thanks for your help all.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Smile 
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Currently I am dealing with the sqlite3 error in ice films running crystalbuntu. I am curious to see what platform others are running with this problem in an attempt to find some commonality. Thanks for your help all.

i am sure crystalbuntu uses xbmc-dharma with internal python (2.4) this needs an installed pysqlite2 package, if crystalbuntu uses external python 2.5 or above python must be compiled with sqlite support to have the (shipped with python2.5 and up) sqlite3 module. regarding the source from icefilms addon it trys first to load pysqlite2 and if this fails or is not possible sqlite3 (which is the right way). if you get this sqlite3 error none of this modules can be load (not installed/wrongly compiled/wrong location/not found from xbmc's internal python).

i cant help more, because i never tried crystalbuntu, but maybe it helps to locate/fix the problem.
greetings, Stephan

thanks for the heads up I will pass that along.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
This seems to be a big issue especially on gentoo.. The biggest problem this sqlite error causes for me is issues with the IceFilms plugin. Like you guys mentioned, the regular Python even 2.4 isn't stable to work with xbmc. It has to have the included python to function properly it seems.

I'd like to find a way to install the sqlite python module in the built-in python to xbmc, but it seems I can't find the appropriate instructions for doing so. I guess if there is anyway someone can provide the patches that xbmc applies to python 2.4 i could add them in an ebuild for python 2.4 and then use --enable-external-python in an ebuild for xbmc. I'm just stuck on how to actually get the external python to play like the python xbmc builds in.. OR need to know how to add sqlite3 module to the internal python on xbmc.. I know all this sounds confusing, but this has me really aggravated and I'd sure appreciate anyone that would take the time to help me figure this out!! thanks again guys
for dharma, you have to do make -C lib/addons/script.module.pysqlite prior to make install when building.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sqlite3 addon error and platform, possible corrolation?0