• 9(current)
[WIP] skin.touched (touch screen skin currently iPad 4x3)
WOW. Just WOW!

Awesome work Jezz_X. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us. Really appreciate it!
I Second that just got my ipad2 today and wow Smile Thanks for an awesome skin Smile
I cannot for the life of me get this skin to work on my iPad 1. I have an ipad 1 with 4.3.3 firmware with the current build from cydia, no nightly.

I have installed the skin into /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons and it will show up but when I select it it just goes back to confluence.

I then tried to install it via the install from zip method and does the same thing. I tried to install the skin in /applications/XBMC/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons which is where skin.confluence resides and it will do the same thing which is let me select the skin but then just go back to confluence.

I am out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

-Nick-
nwarner33: I believe you'll need to install one of the nightly to take advantage of the new touch gestures.
Is this something that I can play with. I love what you have don, but I had a few ideas (visually) that I wanted to play with. that said, I dont see any image files in the package?

EDIT: So, I read second and posted first. Please do not flame me... finals week, and all! Is tere any chance I could be directed to the uncompressed .xbt for this theme? If not, I understand. I promise that I will only play with the image files and send you all my work when done. There in allowing you to use or ignore, and I will not release my work to anyone else.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
dazex Wrote:nwarner33: I believe you'll need to install one of the nightly to take advantage of the new touch gestures.
^^^ what he said
Abrasher Wrote:Is this something that I can play with. I love what you have don, but I had a few ideas (visually) that I wanted to play with. that said, I dont see any image files in the package?

EDIT: So, I read second and posted first. Please do not flame me... finals week, and all! Is tere any chance I could be directed to the uncompressed .xbt for this theme? If not, I understand. I promise that I will only play with the image files and send you all my work when done. There in allowing you to use or ignore, and I will not release my work to anyone else.
Once I pump out the next version I will push it onto github and all the source images will be there and you can do with it as you wish
Can i throw out a request?
On the OSD when watching video, I would like buttons for timeskip (like using the arrows on the remote).

Really nice skin. Has been completely stable and smooth for me (iPad2).
ChristianW Wrote:Can i throw out a request?
On the OSD when watching video, I would like buttons for timeskip (like using the arrows on the remote).

Really nice skin. Has been completely stable and smooth for me (iPad2).

You can tap on the progress bar to seek t specific points which seems better than jumping by blocks to me
Jezz_X Wrote:^^^ what he said

Once I pump out the next version I will push it onto github and all the source images will be there and you can do with it as you wish

Thanks for the info! You, as I am sure you know, are awesome. Thanks BRO - HAM!
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
A bit of a problem I'm running into.

Whenever I completely quit out of XBMC on the iPAD2, that is, use the exit button in XBMC instead of just pressing the button on the iPAD2 which puts it into "suspend", the next time I come back in it always defaults back to the "confluence" skin.
mcpish Wrote:A bit of a problem I'm running into.

Whenever I completely quit out of XBMC on the iPAD2, that is, use the exit button in XBMC instead of just pressing the button on the iPAD2 which puts it into "suspend", the next time I come back in it always defaults back to the "confluence" skin.

no idea about that one the only time that should happen is if there is an error in a file did you edit anything ? maybe try delete the skin and re-install it again
Jezz_X Wrote:no idea about that one the only time that should happen is if there is an error in a file did you edit anything ? maybe try delete the skin and re-install it again

I've tried this. If I delete the "confluence" skin, I literally can't get back into XBMC, the title screen pops up and then closes back to the iOS desktop on the iPad2. It's as if it's somehow "hard-wired" to always look for the confluence skin. I end up having to completely remove xbmc and reinstall when I do that.

Tried removing/re-installing this skin a number of times. Interestingly enough it's the "ONLY" skin that seems to suffer from this problem. If you install other skins from the Addons and change to them, then completely quit XBMC (Not just suspend it with the button on the face of the iPAD but Actually exit out of XBMC completely either by clicking the quit button within XBMC itself or double-clicking the iPad button twice on the desktop and closing out the XBMC icon), the other skins resume just fine, but not this one. It always defaults back to another skin :-(
oh yeah I meant remove the touched skin you can't touch confluence Smile
Maybe look at your log and see what it says it may have an error in it
Figured it out,
Something was messed up on this iPad2, not sure what exactly.

But I figured out that removing/reinstalling XBMC in Cydia does not delete the "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC" directory, and there was some setting in there that was causing the problem. I uninstalled XBMC, then SSH'd into my iPad2 and deleted the "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC" folder. Then reinstalled XBMC and the latest ios nightly version again.

Now it's all working fine. Thanks :-)

This is my mom's iPad2 she got about 3 months ago. Now with XBMC installed the iPad2 is truly something I would use now. It was useless before for playing your own movies/tv shows stored on your linux shared folders. I'm quite impressed with how well XBMC has progressed on the iPad.
Soooooo going to be a little delay in the next release coming out Sad I decided to revamp the whole UI a little and make it a little more iOS looking than what it was and I also went back to the dark colors and a plain background.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7752/xbmcios1.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6246/xbmcios2.jpg

All the main windows will be the new look all the dialogs and stuff will be unchanged so it will be just as useable from that point

Don't worry if you preferred the old way the next version will have two releases one for old and one for new but dev will be done on the new version only after that
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] skin.touched (touch screen skin currently iPad 4x3)1