• 11(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
Spinalcrack...that did it. Again...I can't thank you enough for the help!

(2012-09-23, 06:30)Hogman62 Wrote: Spinalcrack...that did it. Again...I can't thank you enough for the help!

Awesome man, I'm glad you got it setup the way you wanted.
Hi!
Been trying to get this to work for some time now, but not really getting anywhere far! I installed makeMKV, and handbrake (although at this time I'm not gonna bother with the handbrake compression.)
I also installed AutoRipDVD then customized the script to my system, as follows;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo offSetlocal enableextensions
::*********************************************************************************************
::*** AutoRipDVD is brought to you by Spinalcracker
::*********************************************************************************************
::
::*** Change the following variables to match your setup
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
::------------------------------
Set DriveLetter=F:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=C:\Documents and Settings\Shripal Shah\My Documents\My Videos\Movies\
::*** IntDir=Where you installed MakeMKV to
::----------------------------------------
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files\MakeMKV
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
::------------------------------------
Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc. Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
::---------------------
Set RipMinSeconds=120
::*** Using Handbrake to compress - Yes or No?
Set Handbrake=No
::*** Sets the install path to handbrake
Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\
::*** Sets the level of compression in Handbrake so unless you really know what you are doing, do NOT adjust this next setting!
Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2Confusedubq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all
::*** Sets the format of the new compressed file, so again, unless you know what you are doing, please leave it as mkv!
Set FORMAT=--optimize --format mkv
::*** Sets the quality to something visually appealing but in a small files size - play with this if your outcome isn't to your liking
Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown mono --quality 23 -e x264 -x %X264%
::*** Sets the output to 720p resolution - change if you prefer something else
Set SIZE=--width 1280 --height 720
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
:: Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do (
set volid=%%6 & goto processcontd
)

:processcontd
set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%A in ('echo %nospace% ') do set nospace=%%A
set nospace=%nospace:~0,-1%
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%
echo: %volid%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

If %Handbrake%==Yes call :HBEncode

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

:HBEncode
cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
HandBrakeCLI -v0 -i "%RipDir%%volid%" -o "%RipDir%%volid%\%volid% 720p.mkv" %FORMAT% %QUALITY% %SIZE%
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"

:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the above is correct. I think my problem is with Advanced Launcher. I have installed it & tried to create a new launcher, but don't really know which type it should be; standalone launcher or files launcher, though I did try both types. I'm not really sure what I should be putting as file path, set file extensions, application arguments, platform, thumbnail path, fanarts path & also how to change the icon to AutoRipIcon.jpg.

I messed about with it quite a bit. Got as far as inserting the disk & launching the autoripDVD. The disk is ejected after a few seconds, a folder is created for the DVD but it is empty.

Please can somebody point me in the right direction.

Hello,
I just downloaded AutoRipDVD_060812.exe file to integratie this in XBMC. When i instal this software i get a message from my antivirus (avg free) that this contain a trojan (Trojan Horse Delf.AHIC) and will block or remove this file from my system. Is there anybody who can help me with that?

I tried to download this file from http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/t...d=22090129

Many thanks
I got the file from the link in the first post and have been running it on two machines with great success. I'm running the newest version, up to date, of Kaspersky Internet Security just fine.
It is either a false positive, or your machine infected the file when it downloaded it. It is definitely not a trojan.
I currently use anydvd to rip blu-rays to bdmv file structure which obviously keeps the original quality intended for the watcher. Now the major draw back is file sizes and a current lack of space!
Does makemkv really keep the quality 100% the same as the original disc and are people finding the file sizes reduced due to losing menus? and what time frame is it taking to rip the blu-rays/dvds ?

playing with this now and got it auto ripping via me manually launching the vbs script and its ripping we were soldiers again so i can test both the time taken and the file size and quality of end product.
Cant get advanced launcher to auto the whole process yet as i keep getting an ole excemption error message at the minute
I'm using this with MakeMKV and not using Handbrake so I have the highest quality. The file's around 15-20 gig depending on the movie. All menus, warnings, previews etc are taken out. You get the movie with DTS audio, subttles and chapters. I'm using this on a high end home theater and really can't tell the difference between the rip and the bluray disc.
Quick question:

I'm looking into using this with Handbrake to easily rip any DVD in high quality with minimal file size.

I was looking at the profiles, and High Profile (https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/BuiltInPr...ighprofile) looks like the preset I want to use, but I'm having trouble seeing which settings in the .bat file I need to change in order to just use the High Profile preset. The CLIguide says that the Handbrake CLI supports presets, so it should be doable. Can anyone help me out?

*Quick Edit* For reference, I'm also hoping to keep the file as a .MKV, and the subtitles and DTS audio, if possible. From what I heard the high profile preset does this though.

*EDIT 2*

Nevermind, I figured it out on my own. I just took the profile presets from the wiki and edited them in the area below the line and it's working well. was able to take a 7GB DVD down to a 5GB rip and then a 2GB Compressed .MKV with no noticeable loss in quality. Tried it with TRON Legacy and took a 30GB Blu-Ray down to a 23GB rip and then to a 5.9GB compressed .MKV, again with no quality loss (although I lost the non-black-bar space 3/4ths of the movie has due to Handbrake keeping a consistant resolution, so maybe that wasn't the best test. Trying Inception, Star Wars, and LotR blu rays tonight and will report back with performance)
Wel it seem im getting the same problem as a few post back,
Ive been getting this "exception eolesyserror" to. Ive tested over 10 dvd, All the same problem. Alltrough if i run the .bat file they rip just fine.

Code:
@Echo offSetlocal enableextensions
::*** AutoRipDVD is brought to you by Spinalcracker
::***  Change the following variables to match your setup
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
Set DriveLetter=D:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=\\BLACKHOLE\video\nieuwe films\
::*** IntDir=Where you installed MakeMKV to
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc.  Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
Set RipMinSeconds=3600
::*** Using Handbrake to compress - Yes or No?
Set Handbrake=Yes
::*** Sets the install path to handbrake
Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\
::*** Sets the level of compression in Handbrake so unless you really know what you are doing, do NOT adjust this next setting!
Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all
::*** Sets the format of the new compressed file, so again, unless you know what you are doing, please leave it as mkv!
Set FORMAT=--optimize --format mkv
::*** Sets the quality to something visually appealing but in a small files size - play with this if your outcome isn't to your liking
Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown mono --quality 23 -e x264 -x %X264%
::*** Sets the output to 720p resolution - change if you prefer something else
Set SIZE=--width 1280 --height 720
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
::        Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do (
    set volid=%%6 & goto processcontd
)

:processcontd
set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%A in ('echo %nospace% ') do set nospace=%%A
set nospace=%nospace:~0,-1%
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%
echo: %volid%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
HandBrakeCLI -v0 -i "%RipDir%%volid%" -o "%RipDir%%volid%\%volid% 720p.mkv" %FORMAT% %QUALITY% %SIZE%
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"

After i ran the .bat file i've notished 3 things
- XBMC aint scraping this dvdrip
- got 2 movies in 1 map Title00.mkv(5.29gb) and Title01.mkv(5.19gb)
-The Folder is named "is The Island 720p.mkv" Is there any way to remove the "is"

Am i doing anything wrong here?
(2012-10-08, 23:16)rodrom Wrote: Am i doing anything wrong here?

Take the trailing slash off

Code:
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\

So it looks like this

Code:
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV

Then try again and see if that fixes the issue.
Does anyone know what settings I can use to make sure the handbrake encoding doesn't leave a lot of artifacts on the darker parts of movies? I'm using the High Quality default profile, and taing DVD rips from 6-7GB to 1-2 is amazing. 90% of the time the quality is unnoticeable, but if you've got a keen eye you can see a lot of artifacting on DVD rips in dark parts of the movie.
Hello, thanks for putting this together, I just ordered a Blu-Ray drive and was hoping something like this existed -- I'm excited to try it out next week!

If you're interested in also automatically updating the library, you could add the following to your code.  I am not sure if Eden supports JSON or if it is only Frodo, so the question for which version you're using might be pointless, but at least I know that the HTTP API works in Eden and the JSON API works in Frodo.  I haven't had a chance to test this yet since I don't have the drive, but it should work Tongue.  

Also, in going through your batch file, I see one area that might be an issue. Where you have:
Code:

The code will go through the HBEnode label but then also go through the rename label an additional time, as there is no escape from the HBEncode section. I actually don't really see this being a problem since it is going to try and rename a file that no longer exists, but it still might be worth it to jump out of the HBEncode label in the event some other portion of code is added later.

New Variables:
Code:
::*** Update XBMC Library Upon completion?
::*** NOTE: CURL for Windows MUST BE INSTALLED
:: http://curl.haxx.se/download.html
set UpdateXBMC=Yes
::*** Which version of XBMC are you using? Enter Frodo or Eden
set XBMCversion=Frodo
:: Set login details for XBMC HTTP access
set XBMCuser=xbmc
set XBMCpass=xbmc
set XBMCurl=127.0.0.1
set XBMCport=8082
set cURLpath=C:\cURL\curl.exe

Modified/Added code (paste after "for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename[/i]"):[/b]
Code:
:EndingScripts
If %UpdateXBMC%==Yes call :UpdateLibrary

:ScriptComplete
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"
SET Handbrake=NULL
Goto :EndingScripts

:UpdateLibrary
If XBMCversion==Frodo set updateCall=%cURLpath% -i -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.Scan\"}" http://%XBMCuser%:%XBMCpass%@%XBMCurl%:%XBMCport%/jsonrpc
If XMBCversion==Eden set updateCall=%cURLpath% --get "http://%XBMCuser%:%XBMCpass%@%XBMCurl%:%XBMCport%/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)"
call %updateCall%
SET UpdateXBMC=NULL

Thanks again for doing this Smile

Edit: One thing to note is that if you did want to include this in your download, you could include the 32-bit and x64 version of curl in your installer then call it from there, as it's just an exe file and doesn't need to be registered or anything.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

This looks pretty good. Let me know how it works for your system and if it's solid I'll add it in and do another release.
Alright so I've also changed the discnum:0 switch for the MakeMKV CLI to be a variable that is discovered by the %volid% variable. This would solve an issue where if someone had two drives and they didn't know if it was disc:0 or disc:1; it's not really needed but it would just be one less variable to find. I only tested the :GetDiscNum part with one disc, so maybe try it out with one of your own.

Here's the code:
Code:
:GetDiscNum
::Get disc number based on name of %volid%
"%IntDir%\makemkvcon64.exe" -r --cache=1 info disc:9999 | find /i "%volid%" > "%userprofile%\ARtemp"
type "%userprofile%\ARtemp"
set /p discNum=<"%userprofile%\ARtemp"
del "%userprofile%\ARtemp"
set discNum=%discNum:~4,1%

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:%discNum% all "%RipDir%%volid%"

I tested this by converting a smaller video file to a DVD ISO then mounting it to a virtual drive and specifying that drive for the drive letter. Everything works fine for me, would you mind giving it a test?

Also I had to modify my update code a little bit but it works as far as I've tested. Also I changed the ScriptPath variable to be dynamically hardcoded, as long as the exe file is with the other scripts it won't need to be set. This is referenced in batch files by %~dp0

Full Code

Feel free to take any and all of it, if anything I now have exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9