• 13(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
(2012-11-30, 09:06)wints Wrote: ok kyrios, you was right with number 1) my MKV had expired so i.ve updated that and registered and ran it and it worked fine,then I launched XBMC tried running the script again but still nothing now it doesn't even create the folders, so i checked task manger and MakeMKV64 is not loaded, i've checked the bat file and path is correct (Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV ) with no trailing \ and i'm using 64bit win 7 so i'm calling makemkvcon64.exe. Any more suggestions would be really great and thanks Wink

Please double check all your paths. Try tabbing out to windows. Press the windows key + r and type cmd, hit enter. Then run the AutoRipDVD.bat file from that command window and see if any errors are listed.

Also double check your Advanced Launcher is working correctly after your upgrade to Frodo Beta. Make sure it works and is pointing to the .exe
Thanks for the reply mate, ran the bat file from cmd and i get this at the end

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>"C:\Program Files (x86)\makemkvcon64.exe\makem
kvcon64.exe" -r --cache=1 info disc:9999   | Find /i "HUNT_FOR_RED_OCTOBER"  1>"
C:\Users\my-HTPC\ARtemp"
The system cannot find the path specified.
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2012-11-30, 20:35)wints Wrote: Thanks for the reply mate, ran the bat file from cmd and i get this at the end

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>"C:\Program Files (x86)\makemkvcon64.exe\makem
kvcon64.exe" -r --cache=1 info disc:9999   | Find /i "HUNT_FOR_RED_OCTOBER"  1>"
C:\Users\my-HTPC\ARtemp"
The system cannot find the path specified.

You are using Akevit's code, so he will have to trouble shoot this for you, but looks to me like the disc detection isn't working for you. When it goes to store the disc number you are getting that pathing error and the script halts. The 1>" part of the code looks weird and shouldn't be there. Double check your code to Akevit's.
ok cheers for that Spinalcrack, i have just switched back to your bat file and all is working so guess i'll have to wait and see what Akevit can suggest
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

I am trying to use AutoRipDVD for the first time (just got my unraid and htpc setup) and I keep having issues. Here is what I have done:

1. Installed MakeMKV, AutoRipDVD (twice), and Handbrake
2. Edited AutoRipDVD.bat to reflect my rip location and Blu Ray drive letter
3. Ran AutoRipDVD via the exe and bat file only to have it create the folder then eject the dvd (MIB:3, The Expendables 2, Star Wars)

When I ran the bat file, I can briefly see it say error opening disc. I can use MakeMKV manually and it goes off without a hitch, so something in the batch file isn't working. Any ideas as to what is going on? Also anyway I can keep the cmd window going away?

Code:
@Echo offSetlocal enableextensions
::*********************************************************************************************
::*** AutoRipDVD is brought to you by Spinalcracker
::*********************************************************************************************
::
::***  Change the following variables to match your setup
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
::------------------------------
Set DriveLetter=F:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=D:\Movies\
::*** IntDir=Where you installed MakeMKV to
::----------------------------------------
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV
::----------------------------------------
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
::------------------------------------
Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc.  Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
::---------------------
Set RipMinSeconds=3600
::---------------------
::*** Using Handbrake to compress - Yes or No?
Set Handbrake=No
::*** Sets the install path to handbrake
Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\
::*** Sets the level of compression in Handbrake so unless you really know what you are doing, do NOT adjust this next setting!
Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all
::*** Sets the format of the new compressed file, so again, unless you know what you are doing, please leave it as mkv!
Set FORMAT=--optimize --format mkv
::*** Sets the quality to something visually appealing but in a small files size - play with this if your outcome isn't to your liking
Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown mono --quality 23 -e x264 -x %X264%
::*** Sets the output to 720p resolution - change if you prefer something else
Set SIZE=--width 1280 --height 720
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
::        Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do (
    set volid=%%6 & goto processcontd
)

:processcontd
set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%A in ('echo %nospace% ') do set nospace=%%A
set nospace=%nospace:~0,-1%
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%
echo: %volid%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

If %Handbrake%==Yes call :HBEncode

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

:HBEncode
cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
HandBrakeCLI -v0 -i "%RipDir%%volid%" -o "%RipDir%%volid%\%volid% 720p.mkv" %FORMAT% %QUALITY% %SIZE%
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"

:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%
Are you running a 32bit or 64bit version of windows?

What is the name of the folder it is creating?
(2012-12-03, 04:09)Spinalcrack Wrote: Are you running a 32bit or 64bit version of windows?

What is the name of the folder it is creating?

x64 Pro
EXPENDABLES 2

Don't remember folder names on others I have tried, but they seemed correctly named.
That is really strange, because it has to read the disc in order to generate that folder name. So your full path that it creates is D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2\ ? Did you already create the D:\Movies\ folder before running this?

To keep the command window open to try and see the error, alt-tab to the desktop, press windows key+r, then type cmd and hit enter, then drag the AutoRipDVD.bat file into the command prompt window and hit enter to run it.
(2012-12-03, 04:26)Spinalcrack Wrote: That is really strange, because it has to read the disc in order to generate that folder name. So your full path that it creates is D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2\ ? Did you already create the D:\Movies\ folder before running this?

To keep the command window open to try and see the error, alt-tab to the desktop, press windows key+r, then type cmd and hit enter, then drag the AutoRipDVD.bat file into the command prompt window and hit enter to run it.

Yes I created the D:\Movies\ and it create the EXPENDABLES 2 dir. I also notice it seems to do a dir check and will create if not present.

Ya, I have ran it via Win+R+UNC path and by opening a cmd prompt and doing a cd\ to the dir and manually running batch file. Everytime it will close down the cmd prompt on finish which is very strange.

I just piped the results to a txt file and here is what I get:

Code:
offSetlocal enableextensions

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set DriveLetter=F:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set RipDir=D:\Movies\

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set RipMinSeconds=3600

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set Handbrake=No

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set FORMAT=--optimize --format mkv

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown mono --quality 23 -e x264 -x b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set SIZE=--width 1280 --height 720

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>for /F "tokens=1-5*" %1 in ('vol F:') do (set volid=%6   & goto processcontd )

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>(set volid=EXPENDABLES_2   & goto processcontd )

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set nospace=EXPENDABLES_2  

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo [EXPENDABLES_2 ]
[EXPENDABLES_2 ]

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo.

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>for /F "tokens=* delims= " %A in ('echo EXPENDABLES_2 ') do set nospace=%A

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo [EXPENDABLES_2]
[EXPENDABLES_2]

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set volid=EXPENDABLES_2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo: EXPENDABLES_2
EXPENDABLES_2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set str=EXPENDABLES_2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo.EXPENDABLES_2
EXPENDABLES_2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set str=EXPENDABLES 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo.EXPENDABLES 2
EXPENDABLES 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set volid=EXPENDABLES 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>If "EXPENDABLES 2" == "_= " call :NoDrive

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Echo:Ripping EXPENDABLES 2 now...
Ripping EXPENDABLES 2 now...

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>mkdir "D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2"

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\"

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>OSDAutoRip.hta

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV"

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=3600 mkv disc:0 all "D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2"
MakeMKV v1.7.9 win(x64-release) started
Failed to open disc

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>SET _tmpPath="D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2"

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>cd /d "D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2"

D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2>for %i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%i )  & call :rename

D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2>If No == Yes call :HBEncode

D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2>cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\"

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>AutoRipComplete.vbs

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>cscript Beep.vbs
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>exit
(2012-12-03, 04:33)ocili Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 04:26)Spinalcrack Wrote: That is really strange, because it has to read the disc in order to generate that folder name. So your full path that it creates is D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2\ ? Did you already create the D:\Movies\ folder before running this?

Yes I created the D:\Movies\ and it create the EXPENDABLES 2 dir. I also notice it seems to do a dir check and will create if not present.

Ya, I have ran it via Win+R+UNC path and by opening a cmd prompt and doing a cd\ to the dir and manually running batch file. Everytime it will close down the cmd prompt on finish which is very strange.

I just piped the results to a txt file and here is what I get:

Code:
offSetlocal enableextensions

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set DriveLetter=F:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set RipDir=D:\Movies\

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set RipMinSeconds=3600

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set Handbrake=No

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set FORMAT=--optimize --format mkv

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown mono --quality 23 -e x264 -x b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Set SIZE=--width 1280 --height 720

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>for /F "tokens=1-5*" %1 in ('vol F:') do (set volid=%6   & goto processcontd )

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>(set volid=EXPENDABLES_2   & goto processcontd )

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo [EXPENDABLES_2 ]
[EXPENDABLES_2 ]

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo.

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>for /F "tokens=* delims= " %A in ('echo EXPENDABLES_2 ') do set nospace=%A

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo [EXPENDABLES_2]
[EXPENDABLES_2]

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set volid=EXPENDABLES_2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo: EXPENDABLES_2
EXPENDABLES_2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set str=EXPENDABLES_2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo.EXPENDABLES_2
EXPENDABLES_2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set str=EXPENDABLES 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>echo.EXPENDABLES 2
EXPENDABLES 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>set volid=EXPENDABLES 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>If "EXPENDABLES 2" == "_= " call :NoDrive

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>Echo:Ripping EXPENDABLES 2 now...
Ripping EXPENDABLES 2 now...

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>mkdir "D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2"

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\"

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>OSDAutoRip.hta

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV"

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=3600 mkv disc:0 all "D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2"
MakeMKV v1.7.9 win(x64-release) started
Failed to open disc

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>SET _tmpPath="D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2"

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>cd /d "D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2"

D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2>for %i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%i )  & call :rename

D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2>If No == Yes call :HBEncode

D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2>cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\"

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>AutoRipComplete.vbs

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>cscript Beep.vbs
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD>exit

Try typing this out in the cmd window

Code:

If it fails then try it with a trailing slash

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=3600 mkv disc:0 all "D:\Movies\EXPENDABLES 2\"

If that works let me know and we can modify the script
Failed to open disc on both even when cmd ran as admin. Perhaps something is wrong with my MakeMKV install?
(2012-12-03, 05:52)ocili Wrote: Failed to open disc on both even when cmd ran as admin. Perhaps something is wrong with my MakeMKV install?

That is what I am thinking, or the cli for makemkv has changed, I'm going to check that right now

Ok, two things

Try changing the disc:0 to disc:9999

If that doesn't work

Try taking the 64 off of makemkvcon just to see what happens.
(2012-12-03, 06:03)Spinalcrack Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 05:52)ocili Wrote: Failed to open disc on both even when cmd ran as admin. Perhaps something is wrong with my MakeMKV install?

That is what I am thinking, or the cli for makemkv has changed, I'm going to check that right now

Ok, two things

Try changing the disc:0 to disc:9999

If that doesn't work

Try taking the 64 off of makemkvcon just to see what happens.

All iterations failed.
ya it doesn't like that disc for some reason, but I do not think it's the script or typing it in the command line would work
(2012-12-03, 06:14)Spinalcrack Wrote: ya it doesn't like that disc for some reason, but I do not think it's the script or typing it in the command line would work

I just tried The Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman, Thor, Captain America. All same results. Plus having tried Star Wars and MIB:3. All failed. Something wierd going on.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9