• 19(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
Thanks for pointing that out kaffekask, I dont normally do too much with batch files!
Is there ANY possible way of making a XBMC Script for linux!!? Please..... I have over 1800 Bluray/DVDs that I need to get on my server. I refuse to put windows in!

This script looks VERY nice and exactly what I have been looking for so that I can do a one step click and go process with all my disc.

Now, HD space is NOT a issue for me..... I have 8.5 Terabyte and I can add more if needed. However, I would like for someone to make script that would work for linux.

At the moment I have about 350 Movies on my XBMC linux box...and I have g box midnight Android boxes on all the other TVs in the house, I connect to my main system via. uPnP with each of those, and I can view everything from the main system on the android boxes.

My MAIN system is a:
3.4 Quad Core
16GB of 10600
Nvidia GT440 1GB Video
zoltrix nightingale pro 6 sound card
4 Segate 2.0TB HD
1 WD 500GB HD
1 LG DVD-R/RW burner
(goind to be including a Bluray burner soon)

I also have on each box, (channel1) set up, so each TV can view all there TV episodes that they so choose.....plus navi-x and all the other goodies. I just need a script made for a 'one click and go' linux box instead of a windows script. Please all....surely someone on this forum has the know how to do this.
Hi dslsaturn,

There is a linux script which is similar called swiss-army-knife.

https://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knife/
I dont think Swiss Army Knife is supported any more. I couldnt get it to run either kept getting an error stating that script failed to run. Any other ideas for us ubuntu peeps.
Hi there,

Have recently followed all the steps as described however when i run the autorip the splash screen appears, a folder named the same as the movie is created in the destination folder and then the disk is ejected leaving me with an empty folder. I have read through the forum and cant seem to find an easy fix! handbrake is disabled. please see my script below:

@echo offSetlocal enableextensions
::******************************************************************************??***************
::*** AutoRipDVD is brought to you by Spinalcracker
::******************************************************************************??***************
::
::*** Change the following variables to match your setup
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
::------------------------------
Set DriveLetter=F:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=Z:\Temp\Movies\
::*** IntDir=Where you installed MakeMKV to
::----------------------------------------
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files\MakeMKV
::----------------------------------------
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
::------------------------------------
Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc. Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
::---------------------
Set RipMinSeconds=3600
::---------------------
::*** Using Handbrake to compress - Yes or No?
Set Handbrake=No
::*** Sets the install path to handbrake
Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\
::*** Sets the level of compression in Handbrake so unless you really know what you are doing, do NOT adjust this next setting!
Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2Confusedubq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all
::*** Sets the format of the new compressed file, so again, unless you know what you are doing, please leave it as mkv!
Set FORMAT=--optimize --format mkv
::*** Sets the quality to something visually appealing but in a small files size - play with this if your outcome isn't to your liking
Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown mono --quality 23 -e x264 -x %X264%
::*** Sets the output to 720p resolution - change if you prefer something else
Set SIZE=--width 1280 --height 720
::******************************************************************************?***************
::******************************************************************************?***************
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
:: Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do (
set volid=%%6 & goto processcontd
)

:processcontd
set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%A in ('echo %nospace% ') do set nospace=%%A
set nospace=%nospace:~0,-1%
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%
echo: %volid%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

If %Handbrake%==Yes call :HBEncode

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

:HBEncode
cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
HandBrakeCLI -v0 -i "%RipDir%%volid%" -o "%RipDir%%volid%\%volid% 720p.mkv" %FORMAT% %QUALITY% %SIZE%
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"

:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%
Do you have MakeMKV installed and working correctly? Is the movie you are trying to rip in a stream that is over 1 hour long?
Yes make mkv runs fine, in standalone and movie is 93 minutes. When I direct advanced launcher to launch autoripdvd.exe I get a windows error message stating 'unnamed project has stopped working' and then nothing happens. when I direct it to the batch file I get the splash screen and then a few seconds later the disk is ejected and an empty folder has been created with the correct disk name
You need to point the launcher to the correct .exe

- Create a new launcher
- Navigate to where you installed AutoRipDVD.exe and select the file "LaunchAutoRipDVD.exe"
- Change the icon to "AutoRipIcon.jpg" that is in the same folder (or any other icon you prefer)
- Set the Launcher as a favourite

Please double check that the launcher is pointing to "LaunchAutoRipDVD.exe"

If that is how you have it setup, please alt-tab to the windows desktop, and press the windows key + R. Type in cmd and press enter. Then drag the .bat file into the command prompt window and run it from there and see if it gives any errors in the terminal window.
(2013-04-04, 21:25)jonboi15 Wrote: Yes make mkv runs fine, in standalone and movie is 93 minutes. When I direct advanced launcher to launch autoripdvd.exe I get a windows error message stating 'unnamed project has stopped working' and then nothing happens. when I direct it to the batch file I get the splash screen and then a few seconds later the disk is ejected and an empty folder has been created with the correct disk name

I had this happen to me once. I opened the command window in windows.

1) go to start
2) Select Run.., type in cmd
3) go to the directory where you have autoripdvd installed.
4) Type in "autoriddvd.bat > run.log" without the quotes
5) After running it once, open up the run.log to see what the output says

In my case, I had to download the latest version of makemkv and install it. After that, the next time I ran it, worked fine.

Hope that helps.
The first error I see is'.MakeMKVset' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. The other is MakeMKV v1.8.0 win(x86-release) started
Failed to open disc.

When I run this it was creating an empty folder named %volid

Apologies for my lack of knowledge!!
From appearances it looks like windows is the only platform that is able to make this happen in a "1 click" solution, maybe I need to leave from linux
Is possibel to rip only 2 languages of a movie?. For example all french and german audiostreams and suptiles? I already found the possibility to select 1 native language.
(2013-04-04, 22:31)jonboi15 Wrote: The first error I see is'.MakeMKVset' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. The other is MakeMKV v1.8.0 win(x86-release) started
Failed to open disc.

When I run this it was creating an empty folder named %volid

Apologies for my lack of knowledge!!
Something is messed up in your script.
Try to replace it with a fresh copy from this thread.

(2013-04-11, 18:04)Intermezzo Wrote: Is possibel to rip only 2 languages of a movie?. For example all french and german audiostreams and suptiles? I already found the possibility to select 1 native language.

Yes, look here for some inforamtion: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1325346
+1 kaffekask Thank you for responding!
What I have done to handle this is modifying the default profile of MakeMKV (default.mmcp.xml) like so :

Code:
app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(nor|eng),-sel:(havemulti),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang"

This makes sure that MakeMKV always selects the nor(wegian) and eng(lish) audio and subtitle tracks if present, and the "best quality" audiostream).

Hope this helps..

regs,

peram
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9