• 8(current)
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Eden (PVR support)
It's been changed for Eden release.
Hitcher,

thanks for this perfect skin.

where do I go for info and support on the 'recently watched' script part of the Pre Eden Xeebo skin?

It never seems to work correctly for me. It will show some shows that Ive recently watched, but which ones it picks seem to be random. It also doesnt tell me which episode Ive just watched, just the show.

Also the items dont seem to populate on startup and only populate at some later point.

So are these implementation issues of the script in xeebo, or to do with the script in general? Does anyone have this working as they would expect? Im completely prepared to believe Ive comitted a bunch of operator errors at some point!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113702
Thanks Hitcher, Ill probably disable it at this point though. I cant ask the stupid questions I need to in that thread, and the point of entry is way over my head.

In its current state though, does it work like On Deck in Plex? Does anyone have this working successfully in Xeebo nightlies and can offer some possibly private advice to keep it out of this thread?

Again thanks for the skin. Its the go to skin I install on family and friends xbmc's, and ive never really had to show anyone how to use it, unlike many others. Great work.
Hitcher Wrote:I've tried (too) many times to get more items working for the home screen but the problem is when you're focused on the bottom row I have to use a dummy list for the third row so the pop up info lays over it. Trying to get it to actually move/display different items when there's more than 6 is, as far as I can see, impossible. I've wasted days trying different workarounds with no satisfactory results.
you seem to have found a way - nice, thanks. Now a indication would be nice (decent left/right arrows?) - but it's not a necessity.

Quote:Again, I was hoping Eden would let skins use addons settings which would make adding these options a lot easier on skinners but I'll try and have a look at it soon.
For the addon-selector you could have a look at how it's done in Xperience1080 (the new metro version) - it allows you to select addons even by category.

One FR I have is that you should drop "get fanart", "get poster" and "update" from the video/audio info screen and rather hide all those features behind a "edit" button. Doing so will make the buttons fit again on screen and removes in 99% unneeded features out of sight.

If you ever plan to add PVR stuff and need more space in the main menu - just drop "weather" and make the weather-info box select- and clickable.
First of all congrats for the skin.

Its light and elegant and its very easy to use.

One problem though. I really like the "deck" feature, but its limited to just the 6 tv shows on the "ongoing tv series row"

If i try to "expand" the list, it just wont work as for example "recently added tv shows"

Can that be changed and how?

Thx a lot in advance
'Recently Added' is part of XBMC's code and as such has it's own view in the video library; 'Ongoing TV Shows' on the other hand is a script that's checks the database so that's why it doesn't actually open up another view with a whole list of shows.

Having said that the Eden release will contain 10 items for most of the homelists.
Hitcher Wrote:'Ongoing TV Shows' on the other hand is a script that's checks the database so that's why it doesn't actually open up another view with a whole list of shows.

Having said that the Eden release will contain 10 items for most of the homelists.

I know that, so i tried to see where in those xml files this is stored. I ended up in a Custom_52_Skin_Settings.xml and found the calls to Runscript watchlist.
The limit was 6. I tried to change it to something bigger 20 for example. Saved. Run xbmc, but it changed back to 6. So i achieved nothing.

If you could make that number user defined it would be great.

Thx alot again for the great skin.
Each entry has to be coded in the home XML so you'd need to edit that as well if you wanted more items. As I said, the next release will have 10 shows the same number as the recently added home items.
Hitcher, you seemed to have missed my post from the previous page - mind to comment?
Hands down best skin out there, thanks.

I am having trouble getting my favourites into the home screen.

I have populated my favourites list, and see them when I select that item from the home menu, but if I go to settings and try to assign one to a home screen position, the favourites list come up empty.

Can anyone help me to get that settings favourite list populated?

I had it working, but another addon messed up my system and I had to rebuild my .xbmc folder from the default, which is when I lost the feature.
zekeb Wrote:Hands down best skin out there, thanks.

I am having trouble getting my favourites into the home screen.

I have populated my favourites list, and see them when I select that item from the home menu, but if I go to settings and try to assign one to a home screen position, the favourites list come up empty.

Can anyone help me to get that settings favourite list populated?

I had it working, but another addon messed up my system and I had to rebuild my .xbmc folder from the default, which is when I lost the feature.

Check the thread below.
da-anda Wrote:you seem to have found a way - nice, thanks. Now a indication would be nice (decent left/right arrows?) - but it's not a necessity.
Only took hundreds of lines of code as well. Wink
da-anda Wrote:For the addon-selector you could have a look at how it's done in Xperience1080 (the new metro version) - it allows you to select addons even by category.
If I get some time I might change it but it's a lot of extra code when it's just a case of adding something to the Favourites first.
da-anda Wrote:One FR I have is that you should drop "get fanart", "get poster" and "update" from the video/audio info screen and rather hide all those features behind a "edit" button. Doing so will make the buttons fit again on screen and removes in 99% unneeded features out of sight.
Don't the buttons fit in your language then?
da-anda Wrote:If you ever plan to add PVR stuff and need more space in the main menu - just drop "weather" and make the weather-info box select- and clickable.
I coding PVR as we speak so it will be available for the next release (Eden). Big Grin
Thanks, that is what I used the first time when it worked, but now I get to this part:

4. The favourites menu will pop up, select the favourite you want as your first item and simply press enter to save

but the favourites menu is empty with zero items. The favourites list is populated when I access it from the main menu.

I did notice when I had it working before that only the first 20 items in the list are seen by the skin settings, so I had to move things around to get the ones I wanted in the top 20. But now I have less than 20 in the entire list and none are shown?
And you've definitely got script.favourites-3.2.1 installed?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Eden (PVR support)2