Music Folder and Fanart.jpg downloader
I've searched and searched, tried a number of programs that all say they do it, but yet to actually find something that works.

I am simply after software that will scan my music folder, just like ember etc, and will download the folder and fanart.jpg to the folder.

Does anything like this even exist?

EDIT: if it did CDart as well, then a bonus Smile

Cheers
why don´t you just use:
cdART Manager Script
works great
I used a tool called tag and rename to fix my id3 tags and file names.

then used the built in XBMC scrapers, they seem to do a good enough job of getting that, then export the DB... I've only had to go and manually fix up fanart for a couple of items in my music collection.

I did have one problem with the scraper not maintaining focus - after scraping one thing at a time i resorted to disabling one of the two built in music scrapers and that solved that issue, since then I've reinstalled the scraper I manually removed and everything has been fine since.
for mp3 tagging/renaming/moving i can recommend the combination of:
musicbrainz Picard
and
mp3tag

perfect ID3-tags are the base you need for cdART Manager to work
solidsatras Wrote:for mp3 tagging/renaming/moving i can recommend the combination of:
musicbrainz Picard
and
mp3tag

perfect ID3-tags are the base you need for cdART Manager to work

+1 this, works perfectly once you get everything setup the way you like it.
Cheers guys, all the music is tagged correctly 100%, Actually used musicbrainz for this couple months back when I sorted out all my music.

Not a fan of the built in scrapper as it doesn't store the files in the music folders.

Didn't have any luck with cdartmananger at first, think i was using an older version, tried a newer version and seems to be doing exactly what I wanted Smile

Thanks for the input
tzortst Wrote:Thanks for the input
you´re welcome
Ok cdartmanager isn't doing what I wanted, Hasn't found many of my artists Sad the built in xbmc scrapper finds a hell of a lot more, also the fanart that it does find isn't being downloaded to the artitst's folder, it is putting it somewhere else on the pc... the very little cdart and cover art it does find is put in the correct locations.

Are there any other software options? Maybe something that uses the same xbmc scrapper?
tzortst Wrote:also the fanart that it does find isn't being downloaded to the artitst's folder

is your music stored on a smb-share? If so...you have to create the "extrathumbs"-directory yourself at the moment. See this post.
The fanart.tv database is growing every day, if some of your cover art and cdart are missing maybe you can contribute them to fanart.tv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Folder and Fanart.jpg downloader0