• 3(current)
play Bluray iso with xbmc
the script and the bat don't work more...!!!:mad:

PlayIso.bat give an error about choice...

and PowerDVD plays the movie with snaps...

How I can solve it?
Killus3 Wrote:the script and the bat don't work more...!!!:mad:

PlayIso.bat give an error about choice...

and PowerDVD plays the movie with snaps...

How I can solve it?

these codes should work, and you need to structure the folder and codes as the enclosed guide in the link. it work flawless on my three htpcs- xbmc_vcd_tmt5 (if you want to use your personal player, you can simply replace tmt5)

below are the actual codes, and you can simply copy the coded into notepad to create the files and save it in the folder as above and replace tmt5 with powerdvd:

PlayDisc.BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E: (note- E: is bd-rom)

PlayISO.BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" N: (note-N: is vcd drive use for mounting iso)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

playercorefactory.XML
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PlayISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename="*iso*" player="PlayISO"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="PlayDisc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

if the folders of your vcd and tmt5 are different from mine, you can change it to the correct folders!
whuh, a lot of work.. Well, just for the 2nd side I do this: Rip BlueRay only the movie part with DVDFab (purchased!) into movie.iso and play it from SmbShare NAS. works like a baby. Movie = appx 25GB.
I will test it!!

Thanks bluray!!!
I don't have fisical BD-rom then I don't use PlayDisc.BAT, right?

the strange thing is until recently worked perfectly with the bat and playcorefactory that I have posted in first page.
I have changed the skin,from Showmix 2,7 to Showmix 3.0 and added another hard disk and downloaded movie info's with ember media...mah!
Killus3 Wrote:I will test it!!

Thanks bluray!!!
I don't have fisical BD-rom then I don't use PlayDisc.BAT, right?

the strange thing is until recently worked perfectly with the bat and playcorefactory that I have posted in first page.
I have changed the skin,from Showmix 2,7 to Showmix 3.0 and added another hard disk and downloaded movie info's with ember media...mah!
you can include it or remove it, and it'll not cause any problem.
the playiso.bat work perfectly...but the video shooting and isn't fluid.

but when I mount bluray iso manually and play it with powerDVD the movie is fluid and I can see it very well!!!

it's very strange!!!
Killus3 Wrote:the playiso.bat work perfectly...but the video shooting and isn't fluid.

but when I mount bluray iso manually and play it with powerDVD the movie is fluid and I can see it very well!!!

it's very strange!!!
please check your xbmc settings for smoother playback. it's not the codes problem!
I tried different settings but nothing happens...

Maybe is the cpu that goes to 100%?the cpu while I have xbmc and PowerDVD opened works between 80/90% and sometimes reach up to 100%

I have Amd E-350..

I think to format and do a clean installation of all...
Killus3 Wrote:I tried different settings but nothing happens...

Maybe is the cpu that goes to 100%?the cpu while I have xbmc and PowerDVD opened works between 80/90% and sometimes reach up to 100%

I have Amd E-350..

I think to format and do a clean installation of all...
it might be lack of fire power. you might want to consider upgrade your htpc to these-

1. SAPPHIRE 100324L Radeon HD 6570 2GB or [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133356"]PNY VCGGT4301XPB GeForce GT 430[/url]
2. G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2
3. Corsair Force CSSD-F40GB2-A 2.5" 40GB

before you do anything- it is a long shot but it is worth trying- in your bios settings, can you manually allocate 512MB's of RAM? you can try to playback the same iso movie on xbmc again (it might help).
I have re-installed XBMC Dharma 10.1 and removed my profile userdata before of the re-installation...and now work FINE!!!

It's so misterious!!!Big Grin

I hope is it the definitive solution!!!
Killus3 Wrote:It's so misterious!!!Big Grin

I hope is it the definitive solution!!!
it's not a misterious. it's probably something built up in your cache somewhere. most often than not, it'll work after you reboot the system. but when there is a doubt, re-install it is the best solution.

i'm glad that you got it to work!
TheBigCanadian Wrote:For anyone running into the same problem (i.e. the .bat would not wait for the player to terminate before moving to the next program line), I got the problem to resolve by creating a batch file for each of the individual processes and linked those together. Now it works like a charm. only thing I wish the process would do is to stay on XBMC while loading the external player instead of showing the desktop (momentarily)

P.S. I really believe that my problem reside in the fact that executing the VCD of the ISO triggers the player, which becomes inactivated by the executing of the next process (starting the player), bur since the player becomes inactivated it (at least momentarily) it allows the PlayISO batch file to proceed to the next line which unmounts the file Sad

A little more research and I may find an easier work around. In any case Thanks to the guide

Hi BigCanadian,

last night I ran into the exact same problem and found the solution. You are absolutely correct, the bat runs completely through and unmounts the image because the powerdvd-window that shows up is not the one that got started by the batch-file and so it is not going to wait for it. It starts due to windows autoplay feature after the image is mounted! After I had deactivated (set it to "no action") the "Blu-ray Disc movie" entry everything worked like a charm. Took my hours to figure it out last night and now I randomly came around to read your posting.
How to configure the Autoplay --> http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/51600...s-7-a.html
exactly!!!

I have set in Autoplay windows the option "play with PowerDVD" when is mounted a bluray iso...Big Grin and it works done! So I don't have the problem of batch which unmount the iso.
But if you use the autoplay function you are not able to automatically unmount the iso when powerdvd gets closed because your batch-file won't wait for it. I don't like that disadvantage because I like the convenience of getting everything done automatically :-)
As this took me a really long time to configure and fine tune the way I want it, I will contribute my external player solution using PowerDVD11:

advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
    </video>
    <externalplayer>
        <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe</filename>
        <args>-fs</args>
        <forceontop>true</forceontop>
        <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
    </externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\XBMC-Dateien\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
        </player>
        <player name="FOLDER" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
                 <filename>C:\XBMC-Dateien\PlayFolder.bat</filename>
                 <args>"{1}"</args>
                 <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
           </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
                 <rule filename=".*\.[Bb][Dd]\.iso" player="ISO"/>
                 <rule filename=".*index.bdmv" player="FOLDER"/>    
        </rule>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" "E:\BDMV\index.bdmv"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

PlayFolder.bat
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" %1
exit

It will play media using the included dvdplayer except for files named *.bd.iso (bluray iso) which will be mounted and played with PowerDVD and files named index.bmv which will be directly played with PowerDVD. This way a DVD iso will still be played with default player.

Hope this helps you.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
play Bluray iso with xbmc0