One-for-all URC6210 IR remote?
Question 
Wanting a very simple remote, I've been reading a lot of topics on IR and XBMC (on Linux), and as far as I understand I must buy an RC6 IR-protocol receiver, and a MCE code-compatible remote, to assure success.
I found a very simple and very cheap IR remote from One-for-all called URC-6210.

I then downloaded the manual and among the possible codes I see:

Maxdorf 22154 21354 21422 13135
Maxim 41523 33322
MCE 11125
Meck 23142 21354 15433
Medialine 41435
Mediator 11233 15322

Anyone know if MCE could mean anything other than MedieCenterEdition aka Windows Media Center remote compatible?

If so, the next question is: How much can I customize the keys in XBMC, ie. can I remap the Ch+/Ch-/Vol+/Vol- and use them as arrow keys in XBMC?
if u buy the Flirc.TV USB IR Dongle,
any remote will work in Linux,,,
even your HDTV's remote Tongue

If not, a out of the box working linux remote is this one http://www.boltwoods.com/product_info.ph...B000W5GK5C
Sorry, this is an OpenElec XBMC Linux distribution, so I wont be able to install the modules required by this product No

Even if I could, the total cost, including delivery to Europe and toll would amount to something like $20+$20+$40 Shocked

I know there are many alternative standard MCE remotes, but none as simple as this one, which is why am asking Laugh My second choice would be Boxee Remote, but you can't buy these in Europe yet Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One-for-all URC6210 IR remote?0