Mac Updated librtmp
I noticed some people were looking for the updated mac version of librtmp, so i built one. just place it in xbmc.app/Frameworks.

it worked for me but your mileage may vary

http://www.mediafire.com/?73lylby3552yspo
does this work on atv1? I tried it but with no success.
it only works on regular macs
Hmm, tested this lib to see if a new version of librtmp would get YouTube rtmpe videos working again, but sadly no this didn't happen, the lib fail's on our primary test case (this classic miley cyrus video Laugh):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wxOVn99FTE

debug log if anyone's interested or got some input.
HenrikDK: It is connecting to the server but it isn't using the proper playpath for the video. It is showing a "NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound" error. This has always happened to me when the playpath is wrong.

I just ran rtmpsuck and was getting a playpath of "mp4:c5/id/f30c4e567f7d1531/itag/78?ptchn=MileyCyrusVEVO&ptk=vevo" for the video.

It also downloaded the file fine with rtmpsuck 2.4 so it should be able to play with the new librtmp.
BlueCop Wrote:HenrikDK: It is connecting to the server but it isn't using the proper playpath for the video. It is showing a "NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound" error. This has always happened to me when the playpath is wrong.

I just ran rtmpsuck and was getting a playpath of "mp4:c5/id/f30c4e567f7d1531/itag/78?ptchn=MileyCyrusVEVO&ptk=vevo" for the video.

It also downloaded the file fine with rtmpsuck 2.4 so it should be able to play with the new librtmp.

Hmm would seem we need to pass along another variable?, thanks Smile
Got RTMPe playback working again on that test video, the codes a bit messy but the playback code's been long over due for a refactor for a while now, but big thanks for the help to uglyman and BlueCop!
mynumbistongue Wrote:does this work on atv1? I tried it but with no success.

I didn't see this post a few hours ago, so I spent my Friday night building it. I used a slightly different method, please see if this works for you.

http://signedint.com/misc/librtmp-2.4/librtmp.so

Download that file. Make sure it has the right permissions: chmod 755 librtmp.so
Remove the file you placed in XBMC.App/Contents/Frameworks.
Place my librtmp.so in XBMC.App/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/librtmp.so
EDIT: Disregard.
Based on my research, they should not be different, but rather the one at the top of this post was linked incorrectly to its dependencies so it cannot find libssl 0.9.8 at runtime because it is not present in OSX 10.4 (which is what the Apple TV 1 is based on.)

Mine is properly linked using install_name_tool to the libssl, libcrypto and libz provided inside the XBMC.app bundle, not the system libraries.
zerohp Wrote:I didn't see this post a few hours ago, so I spent my Friday night building it. I used a slightly different method, please see if this works for you.

http://signedint.com/misc/librtmp-2.4/librtmp.so

Download that file. Make sure it has the right permissions: chmod 755 librtmp.so
Remove the file you placed in XBMC.App/Contents/Frameworks.
Place my librtmp.so in XBMC.App/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/librtmp.so
Works like a charm on ATV1!!
ok well i installed this on atv1 and free cable and hulu are still not working did i do somethong wrong there was no librtmp.so already on atv1 was there supposed to be.
mynumbistongue Wrote:ok well i installed this on atv1 and free cable and hulu are still not working did i do somethong wrong there was no librtmp.so already on atv1 was there supposed to be.
It is in XBMC.App/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system, just rename the one that is there to "librtmp.so.old", and make sure you change the right permissions. Worked great for me!
there was not one there originally im using latest nightly
okay i figure it out you cant use nightlies use dharma stable and it works thanks alot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Updated librtmp0