More than 16 home buttons with pictures
i have re-mapped/created my home buttons in project mayhem so i have 20 home buttons and all buttons 'work'

the problem i have is assinging images to the last four of them.

i created the buttons in xboxmediacentre.xml then 'mapping' the icon field to the id with image and screen location in home.xml this works fine for my first 16 buttons but with the last 4 i get the image permanatly on the screen. the first 16 buttons images only appear when i stand on the relavant button.i have searched through the online manual and the forums also the .xml's in the skin but cannot find any info.  i have removed the images(in dispair!Wink from the media folder and have now have 16 buttons with images viewable when i stand on the button and 4 with sadly no image !

can anyone help?
can i get it to work with 20 home btns and images with them?
is ther a limitation or have i missed something ?

thnaks Image
just a couple questions... (that might help)

what build are you using?

what skin are you using?

i'm not sure about the number of button limitations... i'll search.
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
thanks for the reply,  

i am using xbmc 03 -05 and have tried doing this in projectmayhem, projectmayhem 2,project helix and tigerblue xl with the same problem in each,

there doesnt appear to be a limitaion on the number of home buttons (maybee a very high number) as i have had 30 buttons operational at one time, but never tried to assosiate images, its only now i have the buttons down to a shortlist of 20 i want to finish assinging images.
homebuttons is a fixed type of button scroller. while there is no limit to the number of buttons in the scroller, the limit on the number of textures is 20 based on how the id's are assigned.

make sure all your icon id's associated with your home buttons are between 101 and 120.

see this for more information:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....croller

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for the reply,

i will try that, i had the last 4 buttons mapped in the 800's

the link was informative also - i finished the skin now, i got round the issue by adding them as sub pannel buttons without images so i had no blanks in the main home buttons (better than the image stuck on the screenSmile,

i am about to start a new skin, from reading the link and observing how xbmc has behaved, can i define what order icons/backgrounds stack/layer on top of eachother when onscreen buy using specific icon number ranges for other pages and subpanel buttons? - and if yes is there anywhere i can get the order of piority
and thanks again!!!  

xbmc rocks!!! only had the xbox for a month but i deal with xml and other usefull stuff allready in work.

i couldnt bleive my eyes when i saw its capabilities, my ps2 and yamada divx player are now both very good door stops!!
i'm not sure i understand your question. afaik, you cannot control what displays on top of something else.

if i remember correctly, each button in a button scroller can have three textures associated to it:

- background (if you want to call it that)
- button focus
- button non-focus

the link provides the details on what id's to use. i think that when a button is focused, the button focus texture will be applied over the button and the background image will be displayed. i'm not sure, but i bet the focus image will be ontop of the background image.

regarding subpanels, their background image should overlay on top of the window that opens them up.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for the reply,

regarding the layering/stacking of icons i was as thinking of putting images on top of each other more specificaly for the 'backdrop' of each page
i will try the subpanels using 101-120 for the images - i was hoping i would have an addidtional range for these buttons ie more scrolling images but no biggie!!

thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More than 16 home buttons with pictures0