[ATV2] Remove all traces of XBMC
Hello everyone. I know this has been mentioned before because somehow I have found it this morning, and now that i'm home I can't seem to find it at all!

My question is:

How do I remove absolutely everything XBMC without restoring my ATV2.

For some reason the Nightlies were working, and now it crashes right upon launch everytime.

When I downgrade it works, I want to remove everything so I can fresh install and re-try the nightly.

I know I SSH into the atv2 and "rm" two paths, I think.

Thanks,

Jose
xkamuix Wrote:Hello everyone. I know this has been mentioned before because somehow I have found it this morning, and now that i'm home I can't seem to find it at all!

My question is:

How do I remove absolutely everything XBMC without restoring my ATV2.

For some reason the Nightlies were working, and now it crashes right upon launch everytime.

When I downgrade it works, I want to remove everything so I can fresh install and re-try the nightly.

I know I SSH into the atv2 and "rm" two paths, I think.

Thanks,

Jose

Not at home, so can't remember the exact paths.

Try ssh into the ATV2.

Then:

PHP Code:
find / -name xbmc

Then rm -rf the directories found. (The XBMC directories, NOT the parent directories).

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
The paths should be:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance

Anyone know of any others?
Can I suggest just doing the following:

PHP Code:
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt
-get autoremove
rm 
-Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
rm 
-Rf /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance 

The first line will properly uninstall XBMC, the second will remove any packages that were installed as dependencies and are no longer needed now that you have removed XBMC, the third and forth will remove the two directories that contain any leftovers.
Thanks so much for all your help everyone!

Worked like a charm, and loaded the new nightly, which btw can I add is AMAZING!!! fixes all my issues with my videos crashing * anime w/subtitles *
"Can I suggest just doing the following:

PHP Code:
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt-get autoremove
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
rm -Rf /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance

The first line will properly uninstall XBMC, the second will remove any packages that were installed as dependencies and are no longer needed now that you have removed XBMC, the third and forth will remove the two directories that contain any leftovers."

Thank you so much for the help!!! Its really nice to have a fresh install of this on my atv2. I do have one question. I have two atv1 for my roommates. What commands should i type in to do the same thing on it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Remove all traces of XBMC0