Original MCE remote and HP IR receiver
Hi folks,

I have a weird problem with remotes. I would like to use the original MCE remote that I have, because all the functions are there for the convenient XBMC use. IR receiver that I have is a HP model OVU400103/00.

Every single command works fluently and the usage is comfortable except
I cannot wake the pc from suspend. Is this a known problem with some spesific HP IR receivers?

When I put another not branded IR-receiver, that came with Koenig MCE remote, to the same usb port, wake up from suspend works nicely. I know that this spesific port is suggested to use with this mb for usb wakeup.

If I physically disconnect the HP receiver when in suspend state, the pc wakes up...

Br, Zemy
choose another MCE compatible receiver configuration/name in lirc?
X3lectric Wrote:choose another MCE compatible receiver configuration/name in lirc?

Not very familiar...which ones would be compatible.
Is there any "good guess" or knowledge?

Br, Zemy
your good guess is as good as mine, and knowledge is depending on what your model and info which you can google away.
Since I found this post when I was experiencing the same issue myself, I wanted to follow up with my resolution:

I have one of these HP receivers and a Harmony remote, and I wasn't able to get the remote to wake the system from suspend (I first verified that attaching a keyboard and using that worked fine). I dug out the MCE remote that came with the receiver (or possibly it was a different one; I have a couple similar ones) and tried the sleep button at the top of it (looks like a crescent moon). It turns out that only that specific button will wake the system from sleep. Now I have go figure out what that command is and bind it to one of the buttons on my Harmony.

Hope that helps someone!
This sounds very similar to the problem I am having to which I still can't find a solution. My original post is here. Essentially my sleep/wake setup worked for a few days then suddenly the machine refused to wake on input from the remote yet sprang into life when the USB was unplugged. I had made no changes to my setup in the meantime and cat /proc/acpi/wakeup showed the USB port was still enabled for S3. lsusb also confirmed the correct device id was enabled.

I don't mean to hijack your thread just to let you know you are not alone. What does cat /proc/acpi/wakeup return?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Original MCE remote and HP IR receiver0