• 3(current)
From which Group do you belong!?
eskro Wrote:you wont have issue with 5.1 DolbyDigital or DTS,,,

HD-Audio i meant --> 7.1 DolbyTrue-HD and DTS-HD Master..

Hi eskro, yes that was what I meant as well. Do I require additional software/hardware installed if i want to use xbmc interface and want to bitstream HD Audio?

Thanks in advance! Smile
ok well, after reading my guide,
you'll know what to get for Bitstreaming HD-Audio,,,

now the next version of XBMC, version 11, will be able to natively
bitstream HD-AUdio to a compatible audio/video receiver...

the current 'unOffical version', XBMC Pre-EDEN, can bitstream HD-AUdio too,,,
however, since its a work in progress, i dont know if its %110 stable, you know what i mean,,,
so dont complain if u try it and have issues Tongue
eskro Wrote:ok well, after reading my guide,
you'll know what to get for Bitstreaming HD-Audio,,,

now the next version of XBMC, version 11, will be able to natively
bitstream HD-AUdio to a compatible audio/video receiver...

the current 'unOffical version', XBMC Pre-EDEN, can bitstream HD-AUdio too,,,
however, since its a work in progress, i dont know if its %110 stable, you know what i mean,,,
so dont complain if u try it and have issues Tongue

Hi eskro, thanks for your advice, i found some interesting read in the tech support section wrt bitreaming HD audio http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...stream+dts
Will the Foxconn NTA350-0H0W-B-A-NA and 4GB of RAM be able to run a heavy intensive theme (Aeon MQ3) all while streaming 1080p smoothly with no hiccups under a windows machine?
1080p smoothly YES, heavy skins acceptable...
shadow_cruiser Wrote:Will the Foxconn NTA350-0H0W-B-A-NA and 4GB of RAM
it's probably doing fine with 1080p playback from usb 3.0 drive.
shadow_cruiser Wrote:be able to run a heavy intensive theme (Aeon MQ3) all while streaming 1080p smoothly with no hiccups under a windows machine?
not a chance! unless, you can install at least the $25 hd5450 in it but that is not an option either.

you might have a better luck with this- Jetway JC202-B-JNF98QM57.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
eskro Wrote:1080p smoothly YES, heavy skins acceptable...
Thanks, I couldn't find anyone on this forum using the Foxconn NTA350 day to day. Is this still the currently recommended barebones system for group #6 or is there something better now?. I eventually want to install openelec sometime in the near future.

bluray Wrote:not a chance! unless, you can install at least the $25 hd5450 in it but that is not an option either.

you might have a better luck with this- Jetway JC202-B-JNF98QM57.
Not a chance it won't be able to run heavy intensive skins like Aeon MQ3 or not a chance it won't be able to play 1080p smoothly through my NAS?
shadow_cruiser Wrote:Thanks, I couldn't find anyone on this forum using the Foxconn NTA350 day to day. Is this still the currently recommended barebones system for group #6 or is there something better now?. I eventually want to install openelec sometime in the near future.

Not a chance it won't be able to run heavy intensive skins like Aeon MQ3 or not a chance it won't be able to play 1080p smoothly through my NAS?
it doesn't have the horse power to do intensive skins. if it is wired network, it might be okay to playback 1080p with confluence skin. if it is wireless network, you'll not be able to playback 1080p fluently.
bluray Wrote:it doesn't have the horse power to do intensive skins. if it is wired network, it might be okay to playback 1080p with confluence skin. if it is wireless network, you'll not be able to playback 1080p fluently.

Thanks for your input, it's very much appreciated. After a little research about the Foxconn NTA-3500, I realized there's no hardware monitor in the bios. I decided to go with a custom build, after much hours of research, this is what I came up with. Please let me know what you think and what you would change. (Main use is 1080p lossy MKV wired connection + Aeon MQ3). I will not be using it for anything else other than watching movies and playing music

MB & CPU: Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6813128468
RAM: Crucial 4GB 240-Pin DDR3: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6820148472
Case + PSU: Antec ISK 300-65 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6811129068 or Antec ISK 300-150 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6811129080 (not sure which one to choose?)
HDD: 8GB flash drive (openelec)
Remote: Rosewill RHRC-11002 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6880101008

Total after tax and shipping
$296.77 (CDN)
beware of OCZ, attractive price, but, not good reviews...
eskro Wrote:beware of OCZ, attractive price, but, not good reviews...

I've stripped the hard drive as I'm planning to go solely with openelec. Please let me know if the value is good for this build.
Can any of the options in the above groups run XBMC / OpenELEC at 2560x1600 native resolution via DVI-D (for a 30" LCD) that I have ?

If so, I'd prefer to try one of the Slim Zotac / Apple TV like box that does that.
shadow_cruiser Wrote:I've stripped the hard drive as I'm planning to go solely with openelec. Please let me know if the value is good for this build.
If it is for OpenElec, you might want to consider Nvidia GPU in your build. It might be very tough to configure AMD iGPU with OpenElec.
What is good hardware from the MacMini lineup with HDMI & DVD drive..

That can be made or is equivalent of ATV1 + Crystal HD?
crashnburn Wrote:What is good hardware from the MacMini lineup with HDMI & DVD drive..

That can be made or is equivalent of ATV1 + Crystal HD?
not a clue, because i never own apple. you might get better answer in mac section!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From which Group do you belong!?8