ATI/Philips HDMI handshake problem
Hello,

I have my HTPC with OpenELEC (Gigabyte UD3-E350N with integrated ATI Radeon HD 6310) on a Philips 32PFL8404H connected via HDMI.

I now have the problem that the image at irregular intervals, green (greenish) or red (reddish) is.
I found out that there is a general ATI/Philips HDCP/HDMI handshake problem.

Under Windows, there is probably a workable solution:
Configure and "Identify display" on "Configure" in the new window on "pixel format" there to RGB 4:4:4 (full RGB) - take over!

Has anyone experience and can help me solve the problem?
Thanks in advance!

Here a picture from another forum

I had similar problem with ati card. I thought my card was going bad or had a heat problem because it would happen randomly and stay with the problem until I shut down computer for a period of time. Turned out to be cheap HDMI cable. I swapped it out and problem went away.

My tv looked exactly like yours
atari800 Wrote:I had similar problem with ati card. I thought my card was going bad or had a heat problem because it would happen randomly and stay with the problem until I shut down computer for a period of time. Turned out to be cheap HDMI cable. I swapped it out and problem went away.

My tv looked exactly like yours

important question, you had a Philips TV?

This function, analogous to the Catalyst in Windows, do I need in Linux / XBMC.

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-10794699/p...t.png.html
Try this guide on the OPENelec forums. XBMC defaults to full range RGB. The settings change you made in Catalyst is the same as setting your xorg.conf to limited RGB, but the actual standard for HDTV is YCbCr444.
Hey cowfudder
first many thanks for the info!
I unfortunately do not know much about linux, you could help me please?

is it right that I create a xorg.conf first, because in the folder / storage / .config is no xorg.conf.

and it is true, then so when I saw this edit:

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen"
Device "ati"
Monitor "monitor"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "color range" "Limited"
Option "ColorSpace", "RGB444"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1920x1080 @ 60" "1920x1080 @ 50" "1920x1080 @ 24"
EndSubSection
EndSection

This xorg.conf also applies for ati graphics cards?
That would be great if I would create yet!
Mine was a toshiba regza LCD tv.... But your picture looks like what my tv did unliss I swapped cables
I gave up and installed Windows7 with Catalyst Driver (with Pixel change option) and following XBMC.
:-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI/Philips HDMI handshake problem0