• 7(current)
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more
K I fixed mine by changing settings.py (last line uncomment) to 5100 and it works fine there.
I will ask mrkipling to change the default 5000 port to 5500 or something as CouchPotato and Synology DSM's are all running on 5000.

If you install with my script and do not choose experimental it will listen on 5000. But if that's taken marachino will not be started correctly.

Currently I am writing some code to get maraschino accept commandline options also like --port=5100 then I can force LaSi to set a port that is not allready taken by another app. mrkipling want's to use that code but first I need to fix some conflicts with earlier merges of code.
Why not change the config file to have it start on another port?
I can but I don't like to mess with configfiles. However I have written that inside the init.d until maraschino accepts commandline arguments.

So, you could set the port in /etc/default/maraschino, and then the init file will edit your configfile, this code is responsible for that.
Code:
# set port
        [ -n "$PORT" ] && sed -i "
                            /#PORT/s/#//g
                            /=/s/PORT = .*/PORT = $PORT/g
                        " "$CONFIG_PATH/settings.py"

It's kind of a hackish solution until maraschino accepts commandline arguments.
Just used this script again to quickly install Maraschino. Really, I know my way around in Linux, but DAMN this is easy !!!

I think it is time to take this beauty to the next step; Using "dialog" to build the menu's. It is getting out of hand with the easy bash menu structure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialog_(software)

A perfect example of one of our fellow xbmc guys;
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83840
First time I decided to use this Script and it has just saved me about 2 hours in working out how to get everything running again (after reinstalling)

Great work Mar2zz.
Also used it to install Maraschino... How's it going to work with updating from git though? Is it pulling from MrKiplings or your own with the installed dependencies - or are you going to clone regularly to the branch it points too? Can you add the option for choosing a port to load it to?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
it's installing mrkiplings. But I am having issues right now with maraschino and installing it through my script. Something goes wrong when pulling it and installation gets broken (I use a debian-package file which exits on errors).

Maraschino really needs to accept commandline arguments. I need a lot of workarounds now to install it as a daemon and keep it running.
j1nx Wrote:I think it is time to take this beauty to the next step Using "dialog" to build the menu's.

Why? Do you prefer a pretty blue background to your text based installer?
Not to mention it may not even be installed on most systems.
FishOil Wrote:Why? Do you prefer a pretty blue background to your text based installer?
Not to mention it may not even be installed on most systems.

Oh nothing important; Just cosmetics, making it look more "proffesional"

Would be nice to setup a reporsitory in the end, which install LaSi + requirements in /usr/bin You will then get something like;

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y python-software-properties
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mar2zz/lasi
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y lasi

You will then be able to install ANY of the packages by just running the LaSi binary
Code:
sudo LaSi

And if something changes, the binary will be updated in you regular system updates.

And a "kick ass" system like LaSi deserves this "official looking" menu.

Install Lirc and you will get a dialog menu.
Install TvHeadend and you will get a dialog menu.
Install etc ...

All good stuff uses it, so why not LaSi Big Grin

(But I think Mar2zz is a bit busy fighting with Python/Maraschino at the moment)
I am Smile I like Maraschino but it lacks a lot of system-options other python-apps have. I had workarounds to add those system options in LaSi, but it got messed up somehow.

So now I changed how maraschino is installed. It is installed as a cherrypy-server and the only extra option I support is creating a database in /home/user/.maraschino/maraschino.db (and create the settings file to do that). It runs as a daemon, but then forced to it by the init.d script. Also the pidfile-creation is totally bash, not python. Dunno if that is as reliable as Sickbeard/Couchpotato's way of handling things.

Also, I have a 'accept commandline arguments code' for maraschino which can set port and databaselocation, and choose between developmentserver and cherrypyserver, but will only push that after my pullrequest for independent (without easy_installing) installation is merged.
This script is amazing, Absolutely need it if you're on Linux.

How hard would it be to get working on other operating systems? Like solaris and others i can't think of this early in the morning?
Not that hard if they have bash to work with. But it uses self-written deb-packages for it (which basically do nothing more then telling apt what is installed, what configfiles are and put the right files in the right place and then clone the git-repo's of those apps).

Those debfiles are created by a script too. See my LaSi repo for their contents.

In earlier versions of LaSi I supported more packagemanagers and scripted everything. The old installers can be downloaded here, think they are easier to change to other systems (it supported multiple packagemanagers):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/old_LaSi.zip
Can mythTV be included on this ?
Almost anything can be included. Just need to see how it works. I don't have a tvcard my self (I hate tv) so I need to see some setup instructions, but can't test it, so I need someone who can test it thoroughly.
I have a good dummy xbmc machine I can test stuff on.

I just ordered HDHomeRun , so when I get it I'll respond back and we can test it till it is right...maybe I'll use a virtual machine just to be safe.

Sound Good?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more1