10.7 Lion & XBMC: HowTo share with PureFTPd Manager
Milles Merci Ben !
Intel from another post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106950

Your librairy fanarts will be taken online, even if you have files in your folders.
If you want that the FTP share uses your fanart, add this in your advancedsettings.xml and the fanart and folders will be scraped from the local copy properly.
It seems as a default its disabled for FTP to avoid hammering of the FTP server...

<advancedsettings>
<ftp>
<remotefanart>true</remotefanart>
<remotethumbs>true</remotethumbs>
</ftp>
</advancedsettings>
thank you all for the help especially ben33400
I run OSX 10.7 Lion with an AppleTV 1st gen (ver 3.0.2) running XBMC 10.1 dharma.
Everything is working via pureftp except one thing.
My movies folder has sub folders for genres as does my tv folder.
After adding separate pureftp 'users' for each main folder (movies, tv etc) XBMC can navigate into the tv subdirectories (e.g. tv/comedy/the big bang theory/season 1/episode 1.avi but not movies (e.g. movie/action/die hard 2.avi).
I tried unchecking "restrict user access to his home directory" in the movies user settings pureftp but it made no difference (it is checked in the tv user and everything works)
any ideas
thanks
tequila547 Wrote:thank you all for the help especially ben33400
I run OSX 10.7 Lion with an AppleTV 1st gen (ver 3.0.2) running XBMC 10.1 dharma.
Everything is working via pureftp except one thing.
My movies folder has sub folders for genres as does my tv folder.
After adding separate pureftp 'users' for each main folder (movies, tv etc) XBMC can navigate into the tv subdirectories (e.g. tv/comedy/the big bang theory/season 1/episode 1.avi but not movies (e.g. movie/action/die hard 2.avi).
I tried unchecking "restrict user access to his home directory" in the movies user settings pureftp but it made no difference (it is checked in the tv user and everything works)
any ideas
thanks

maybe an access authorization problem ... hard to solve without PureFTPd log and XBMC log.

In my case I have only one user, which can access to the folder Movies. In this folder there are two folders: movies and tv shows. I mount in XBMC 2 different shares:
- one for movies, IMDB scraper
- one for TV, TVDB scraper
I can access to subfolders in both cases.
Even if your FTP share is one folder, you can restrict a "mount" in XBMC by adding the subfolder (I do not use virtual users).
ftp://server:21/TVshows/ for example.

I think it is easier to set up, and it works great for me.
hope for you too. Wink
ok I have only one user now sharing the whole drive with my media on it and redirected all my XBMC shares to its folders
no help on the recursing the movies subfolders issue
how can i generate logs for inspection?
thx
fixed it
of course it was something simple and small
I had a space in front of all my movie subfolder names for some reason i.e. " Action".
that kept XBMC from seeing into it and identifying the avi files
cheers
I get this message "could not connect to server" in XBMC on ATV2. What could be wrong. I have followed the instructions. FTP manager does show that one user is connected.
tobl Wrote:I get this message "could not connect to server" in XBMC on ATV2. What could be wrong. I have followed the instructions. FTP manager does show that one user is connected.

Basically everything could be wrong ... Could you explain better ? Post some logs ?
Have you try to reach your server locally with FileZilla ? Works ?
I tried in mozilla, but no connection. But all of a sudden the server started to work. But im back to web dav. I had more buffering and the subtitles only worked sometimes on FTP. Thanks for your help!
I have set this up and it works!

There is one problem though: The filesize of every video-file larger than 2 GB gets shown as only "2.00 GB". Playback works but as soon as I try skipping the playback stops working...

If I connect via the Mac OS app Transmit to my FTP-server, the filesize gets shown correctly. So it seems to be a XBMC-client problem.

Has anybody else ran into this problem? I'm running XBMC on Ubuntu 10.10 if that's relevant.
TheDom Wrote:I have set this up and it works!

There is one problem though: The filesize of every video-file larger than 2 GB gets shown as only "2.00 GB". Playback works but as soon as I try skipping the playback stops working...

If I connect via the Mac OS app Transmit to my FTP-server, the filesize gets shown correctly. So it seems to be a XBMC-client problem.

Has anybody else ran into this problem? I'm running XBMC on Ubuntu 10.10 if that's relevant.

i have not this issue with XBMC on my ATV2. if you only use xbmc on ubuntu you are not in the good forum !
\안산오피\ 붕붕 Opyo01닷com 『오피요』 안산휴게텔 고잔오피 고잔건마
\안산건마\ 붕붕 Opyo01닷com 『오피요』 안산휴게텔 고잔오피 고잔건마
does anyone know why xbmc is not scanning in my fanart with FTP... Its building my library with remote fanart.... small problem so no big deal... but if someone knows how I can fix it... it would be greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.7 Lion & XBMC: HowTo share with PureFTPd Manager0