• 22(current)
Solved 10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?
syddrafcray Wrote:Any estimate on when it will be included? This is literally the only thing stopping me from using XBMC.

I've been trying to compile in the new ffmpeg, but I keep having errors in DllAvFormat.h

FFmpeg has moved to 0.10 for their mainline Git branch, and this version seems to be incompatible with XBMC.

As a workaround until I update the script:
[ never mind, see below ]

I've also dumped the script into a new github project for convenience. I'll push any future updates to this location:

https://github.com/zyro/ffmpeg_xbmc

If anyone cares to add anything to it let me know!

EDIT: Never mind on the workaround, I've updated the script. Just run it as is and it should work.
The ffmpeg devs really have accelerated their release schedules recently.

You may want to stay away from version 0.9 due to this VAAPI bug (If you use VAAPI).
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/824
With the betas of Eden still out and a final release still looking a ways off I hope that they just toss in the ffmpeg update when it goes gold. I really have loved dsplayer but the issues with subtitles has me holding hands with task manager 24/7
I don't even need to touch my basooka for blowing your hopes away here. No ffmpeg bump for eden - its just technically not possible because new ffmpeg doesn't compile on ios and we have to bump for all plattforms at the same time ( as it seems nobody seems to believe us that it won't happen, i just wanted to give that technically limit here - though we wouldn't bump when this limit wasn't there as already said multiple times now).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Is this also going to apply to the nightlies post-Eden? I would think it reasonable to have a separate branch for those platforms where it does compile (and to get it into shape for Frodo on all platforms).

I know that Python can't compile with the gcc in MacOS X 10.7 - is this related? The (temporary) fix there is going to be to use clang if the buggy version of gcc is present.
magao Wrote:I know that Python can't compile with the gcc in MacOS X 10.7 - is this related? The (temporary) fix there is going to be to use clang if the buggy version of gcc is present.

No, python compiles fine in my test builds against 10.6sdk. Post-Eden, then build system will be moving from 10.4sdk to 10.6sdk using gcc, clang is a nightmare to deal with under a cross-build right now.
davilla Wrote:No, python compiles fine in my test builds against 10.6sdk. Post-Eden, then build system will be moving from 10.4sdk to 10.6sdk using gcc, clang is a nightmare to deal with under a cross-build right now.

Just checked - apparently the problem is not being able to compile python extension modules with Xcode 4.2 installed (which is always the case on 10.7 but may be optionally installed on 10.6) due to the removal of gcc-4.2. Or something like that - I don't work on MacOS X so I'm just parroting from python-dev here.
If development is going to wait for things to play nice with apple before moving forward we might as well give up on all media player aspects of this project. Unfortunately last I checked the point of this project was to be a media player :confused2:
ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:If development is going to wait for things to play nice with apple before moving forward we might as well give up on all media player aspects of this project. Unfortunately last I checked the point of this project was to be a media player :confused2:

Wow is this true? we have to wait for things to work on apple really?
magao Wrote:Just checked - apparently the problem is not being able to compile python extension modules with Xcode 4.2 installed (which is always the case on 10.7 but may be optionally installed on 10.6) due to the removal of gcc-4.2. Or something like that - I don't work on MacOS X so I'm just parroting from python-dev here.

Perhaps you should pay attention to someone who does Smile Python is not a problem because we will be targeting 10.6SDK, NOT 10.7SDK. Now if that does not mean something, then you should not be playing in this sandbox.
ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:If development is going to wait for things to play nice with apple before moving forward we might as well give up on all media player aspects of this project. Unfortunately last I checked the point of this project was to be a media player :confused2:

Nice egoistic point. Which plattform do you use? Now imagine it wouldn't build on your plattform but on all others. Then we just would bump version for all others but not for your plattform and then just ignore it - just for keeping all other users happy. I bet you would hate this aswell right?

Who am i talking to ...Stare
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Code welcome. FFS, the entitled feeling that people have is astounding sometimes.
pumkinut Wrote:Code welcome. FFS, the entitled feeling that people have is astounding sometimes.
This is the feature suggestions board, not the development one. Code welcome is worth zero here, in my opinion.

The guy is raising a valid point. Let's say that iOS for whatever reason gets stuck with obsolete ffmpeg (or whatever else) for a couple of years. Would it be fairer to make all other platforms obsolete to wait for iOS to catch up?

Bear in mind that I am an iPad and iPhone user. While I respect the choice of heavily supporting multiplatform development, I have some doubts that leaving a significant majority with outdated codecs would be the best road to follow.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I just love the way some posters just ignore the comment of the dev who has the osx-fu/ios-fu to understand the issues. I did design and implement the current build system after all so I think I know WTF I'm talking about. Smile
davilla Wrote:I just love the way some posters just ignore the comment of the dev who has the osx-fu/ios-fu to understand the issues. I did design and implement the current build system after all so I think I know WTF I'm talking about. Smile
davilla, my answer wasn't to you. I could say that I just love the way some posters decide they know better than everyone else, including everyone else's desires and priorities.

To answer "code welcome" in a feature suggestions forum is pointless.

I also have to say that some decisions with regard to the development roadmap could use better communication. I still fail to understand, for instance, why the patch that has been developed (so it's not a matter of "code welcome") for fixing the audio delay won't be in Eden, considering the need for it is most certainly a bug.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?7