• 39(current)
Solved 10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?
Just for the hell of it, I tried the last version Shine posted on 2012-11-02. Same exact issue. Video plays extremely slow, somewhere around a frame a minute? And no Audio. Will even cause XBMC to crash now and then when I pull up the video information.
I don't have this issue at all in 11.0, and this isn't even a 10bit file. Though I know this doesn't exactly belong here, seems more like a bug with Frodo, it is still anime and figured it would have been notice by someone here first.
I do need to find a way to show the devs the issue I'm having through and what videos are effected by it to see what links them.
Check your audio settings: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._FAQ#Audio

The new audio stuff can cause video slowdowns like that if the configuration isn't right.
I've change the settings a few times to try and fix it. The most its really done is caused the video to play at different speeds, +200% at times.
After going through all my files it seems to be just two videos by one specific group and I wouldn't be surprised if it was them (Coalgirls) that did some dumb option no one else touches.
Considering its just these two files I'm just gonna go ahead and keep RC2. Everything else runs smooth, faster, and with the added 10bit I'm gaining a whole lot more than I loose just to play them. If anything, I could always re-encode them myself later, though I will probably do some debug logs and share them as trying to get Video Information on these still causes a crash.
Also a side note, this is a completely fresh system build using a AMD A10 CPU, I've yet to find anything that will bog this down inside of XBMC aside from these two videos.
(2012-12-29, 15:59)CharredChar Wrote: I've change the settings a few times to try and fix it. The most its really done is caused the video to play at different speeds, +200% at times.
After going through all my files it seems to be just two videos by one specific group and I wouldn't be surprised if it was them (Coalgirls) that did some dumb option no one else touches.
Considering its just these two files I'm just gonna go ahead and keep RC2. Everything else runs smooth, faster, and with the added 10bit I'm gaining a whole lot more than I loose just to play them. If anything, I could always re-encode them myself later, though I will probably do some debug logs and share them as trying to get Video Information on these still causes a crash.
Also a side note, this is a completely fresh system build using a AMD A10 CPU, I've yet to find anything that will bog this down inside of XBMC aside from these two videos.

Does all part of those two files play slow or is it just in the opening/ending? It could be caused by some really extensive scripting for the kareoke-effects. An easy way to try would be to turn off the subtitles and see if it starts playing smoothly.
HTPC: Antec NSK2480 | ASUS M3A78-EM (AMD 780G) | AMD Athlon X3 425 | 4x2048MB PC6400 | Gainward GeForce G210 | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64) | xbmc-git
(2012-12-30, 00:31)[vEX] Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 15:59)CharredChar Wrote: I've change the settings a few times to try and fix it. The most its really done is caused the video to play at different speeds, +200% at times.

Does all part of those two files play slow or is it just in the opening/ending? It could be caused by some really extensive scripting for the kareoke-effects. An easy way to try would be to turn off the subtitles and see if it starts playing smoothly.

The entire thing and still no audio. Even if it was bogging down the system, which it isn't as I said its a new A10 APU and I've never seen it go over 10% use, XBMC is still crashing when I open the video information bar while playing those files.
(2012-12-30, 10:34)CharredChar Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 00:31)[vEX] Wrote:

The entire thing and still no audio. Even if it was bogging down the system, which it isn't as I said its a new A10 APU and I've never seen it go over 10% use, XBMC is still crashing when I open the video information bar while playing those files.

in your Bios try to disable iommu
I also tried using an A10 for new media pc with an F2A85X-UP4 mainboard but got AMD-Vi: Completion-Wait loop timed out
causing pc to lagg extreamly badly

extreamly disapointed in the A10 its chewing up over 200 watts idle and playback can be jurky because i can not run ATI priority drivers because my screen layout bugs up if the projector is turned on / off ( and I loose terminals )

just did a mates old core 2 duo into xbmc box and it runs better .. and 70 watts under-load

Hi guys.

I'm currently using the latest version of xbian in my Raspberry Pi, which includes xmbc 12 RC2 and I'm experiencing some problems when playing 10bit mkv videos. Even though the audio works perfectly, the video itself shows some artifacts, specifically when there are black backgrounds in the video.

Is it a problem of xbmc or a problem of the device itself, as it doesn't have a great processing power?

Thanks!
No hw video decode for 10bit h264, I said it before. I'll say it again, forget ever being able to decode 10-bit h264. Not going to happen, it's too niche.
(2013-01-05, 21:56)MasterCATZ Wrote: in your Bios try to disable iommu
I also tried using an A10 for new media pc with an F2A85X-UP4 mainboard but got AMD-Vi: Completion-Wait loop timed out
causing pc to lagg extreamly badly

extreamly disapointed in the A10 its chewing up over 200 watts idle and playback can be jurky because i can not run ATI priority drivers because my screen layout bugs up if the projector is turned on / off ( and I loose terminals )

just did a mates old core 2 duo into xbmc box and it runs better .. and 70 watts under-load

I'll look into that BIOs option later before doing a debug log for the XBMC guys. But considering I don't have Any issues, anywhere, other than with these two files. These two are from the same series and from the same release group, even everything else I've tried from this group works fine. Adding all that up it seems more like an issue with these files over anything else and in the end just doesn't seem worth dealing with when I have so many other things to do. The only real reason I want to make a debug log is to give the devs something to fix, assuming it's something they would fix.
And as for your set up, you obviously have some serious issues if its using that much power and its lagging badly. I haven't done much in my BIOs beyond an initial setup when I put the system together. Mine runs smooth, cool even with a stock cooler which rarely kicks its speed up, and doesn't even hit 40% when decoding 10bit 1080p movies.

(2013-01-06, 03:20)davilla Wrote: No hw video decode for 10bit h264, I said it before. I'll say it again, forget ever being able to decode 10-bit h264. Not going to happen, it's too niche.

Personally, I'd stop repeating myself by now if it was me. Though I guess that just shows how nice you are to always answer and help. Tongue
(2013-01-06, 03:20)davilla Wrote: No hw video decode for 10bit h264, I said it before. I'll say it again, forget ever being able to decode 10-bit h264. Not going to happen, it's too niche.

What about enabling multi-core decoding in Linux? Will it happen?
when it works without crashing
(2012-07-11, 01:00)boingman Wrote: Wow, those Kara effects of UTWoots' Sword Art Online 01v2 kill the latest build. First time that I noticed it that much.
The v1 of that episode didn't have any Kara, so the OP playing at the end played fine without any framedrops.

this series is what finally motivated me to replace my good old ASRock ION330-HT with a newer device. While I can cope with working around 10-Bit encodes (transcoding is easy and I've yet to find any noticable quality differences between 10Bit and 8Bit encodes), more and more Anime Fansubs are using heavy styled softsubs for OP/EDs as well as for stuff like signs etc (SAO wasn't the only series I experienced problems). This caused the ASRock to go into slow mode, making watching the stuff quite unbearable. The only way to work around that is to turn off/skip the subs or edit them yourself, which I decided not to do.

My new (admittedly heavily overpowered) Ivy i3 powered HTPC gets around 20% CPU usage even on advanced videos with sw decoding. The SAO-Opening causes around 35% CPU Usage on a single core, though Smile. Let's see how many years I can watch anime from now on without any new problems. I'm pretty sure some retard will eventually find a new way to fuck up my anime enjoyment again Wink
For me, the Kara effects worked fine, with a build from nightly from a week ago, but with a custom allowing MT decoding, and on an i7@870.
(2013-01-08, 11:43)jpsdr Wrote: For me, the Kara effects worked fine, with a build from nightly from a week ago, but with a custom allowing MT decoding, and on an i7@870.

Do you have a patch you could provide to enable multi-threaded decoding?
A high end PC is not needed for Hi10P decoding. I have an AMD E350, only 1,6 GHz Dual Core with 4GB RAM.

In MPC-HC with lav filters, I have zero dropped frames.

I hope the ffmpeg which xmbc uses, will someday be on par with that. I stepped away from mediaportal and all it's directshow filter configuring, but an external player for xbmc is beginning to look appealing.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?7