Remote Buttons Not Working
LB06 Wrote:Not surprising. The proper command is ir-keytable. Fixed it in the guide. Tnx. Also, learn to use [TAB] (autocompletion) in the shell. It'll save you loads of time and headaches Smile.

I copied and pasted this from instructions:

ir-keymap -c -p $protocols -t

Must have been a typo in somebody's instructions. I guess it's supposed to be:

ir-keytabe -c -p $protocols -t
Crud:

ir-keytable -c -p $protocols -t
Invalid parameter(s)
ir-keytable: -p: (PROGRAM ERROR) Option should have been recognized!?
Try `ir-keytable --help' or `ir-keytable --usage' for more information.
Quote:-p defines which protocols your IR receiver should listen to. Replace $protocols with a comma separated list of all your supported protocols. In my case that would be NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY,LIRC.
My guide is NOT a step by step tutorial (I would've made a script for that). You have to have some clue of what you're doing.
Well, then, I"m sunk. I don't understand this stuff. I am not a programmer.

No biggie, I'll just use Windows for xbmc.

Thanks for trying to help.
I know that not everybody is a programmer. But you just didn't read my guide and just copied every command from my guide into a shell. That's fine, but that's just not how my guide was written. I'm trying to teach people how things work. Not how you can get your remote working as quickly as possible.

I'm not telling you that you should give up. Maybe you should just use a different guide/tutorial that hides the details that are not required for direct and quick results. Of course Windows may also work.
LB06 Wrote:I know that not everybody is a programmer. But you just didn't read my guide and just copied every command from my guide into a shell. That's fine, but that's just not how my guide was written.

I'm not telling you that you should give up. Maybe you should just use a different guide/tutorial. Of course Windows may also work.

I know, you did an awesome job, I just don't understand the commands. I've already wasted my only day off and two mornings when I could have been enjoying my news and coffee.
Well, this is why I always end up back at Ubuntu. It took me 17 minutes to install xbmc and get my remote working. For lirc I just used these instructions:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LIRC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Buttons Not Working0