No way to force a full rescan of video paths?
Is there really no way to force a rescan of the video paths? I have to remove/readd to get things cleaned up, like if i remove a video file, or change an NFO, etc.

apparently xbmc-send is another option, but i've been unable to find a way to install this on a clean Mac Mini (and don't really want to go the homebrew route).

I had assumed I could right-click on a path and force a clean/rescan.

Or is there some other way to get the Video library cleaned up?

Thanks in advance for any help!
if I understand you correctly you want to remove delited files fom your library - if so settings > video > library > clean library
After cleaning library check this.

on the source you want to rescan, pull context menu, set-content, ensure exclude path from library updates is unchecked

then go ok> context menu> Update library (if in library mode) scan for new content (if in filemode)
Right, I figured out the Clean Library part, which does the clean up of removed files.

But - neither a clean or rescan picks up changes to things like sets, or other NFO changes. And I'm not sure, but image changes (if the file name is the same) also don't seem to be picked up.

I've figured out how to delete the .DB file and do a full rescan, but that's sort of drastic and not very automated.

Is there any way to do this in an automated way? Like, once a week do a "deep" rescan, that will pick up image and NFO changes?

Alternatively, can I set the share type to "None", and will I always get the option to remove items from the Library? I think I stumbled on this by mistake, but it might have the same effect as removing the share and re-adding it. I won't have access to XBMC until tonight, otherwise I'd check this myself.

Thanks!
did you try what I said?
AbMagFab Wrote:But - neither a clean or rescan picks up changes to things like sets, or other NFO changes. And I'm not sure, but image changes (if the file name is the same) also don't seem to be picked up.

XBMC will not pick up changes to nfo's or artwork for movies that already exist in your library, for nfo's and artwork you can go to movie info and select refresh/reload to update them you also have the option there to change thumbs and fanart without doing a refresh other than that its a case of removing them and scanning them back in

If your someone who wants more control over artwork nfo's etc then its much less work if you get everything correct before its added to XBMC this is what I do get it right in Ember first then add it to XBMC

If you want to change things that are already in your library you would be better off using XWMM
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
X3lectric Wrote:did you try what I said?
Yes - that's the default setting (unchecked), and the update just looks for new items.
>>X<<' Wrote:XBMC will not pick up changes to nfo's or artwork for movies that already exist in your library, for nfo's and artwork you can go to movie info and select refresh/reload to update them you also have the option there to change thumbs and fanart without doing a refresh other than that its a case of removing them and scanning them back in

If your someone who wants more control over artwork nfo's etc then its much less work if you get everything correct before its added to XBMC this is what I do get it right in Ember first then add it to XBMC

If you want to change things that are already in your library you would be better off using XWMM

Well, I have multiple destinations that use the same media. So I need to manage it centrally, and have each media player deal with it.

I use NFO files, and have been happy with the ability for YANFOE to create the NFOs and JPGs. And then have things like YAMJ (for Popcorn), and others.

If I ever get completely on XBMC again, perhaps this will change.

One change to one Set should not require a delete/add of all the media paths.

In the mean time, a full rescan seems like a fairly basic Library function - is there an existing CR for this, or can I enter one?

Thanks,
Mark
AbMagFab Wrote:One change to one Set should not require a delete/add of all the media paths.

And it doesn't you seemed to have missed everything I said

Like I said all you need to do is refresh/reload the movie from movie information for updates to nfo's and artwork to take effect in XBMC this includes sets you do not need to delete anything when you make changes

If you have movies that are already in your library as separate entries and you want them to be part of a set then you need to refresh each movie in that set

XBMC only uses your local nfo and artwork once during the scan from there on it uses a database and a cached version of your artwork you need to do a refresh from movie information when you make changes to nfo's and artwork in order for the database and cache to be updated with your changes

You can also update cached artwork with your local artwork from movie information using "Get thumb" or "Get fanart"
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:And it doesn't

Like I said all you need to do is refresh/reload the movie from movie information for updates to nfo's and artwork to take effect this includes sets you do not need to delete anything when you make changes

If you have movies that are already in your library as separate entries and you want them to be part of a set then you need to refresh each movie in that set

XBMC only uses your local nfo and artwork once during the scan from there on it uses a database and a cached version of your artwork you need to do a refresh from movie information when you make changes to nfo's and artwork in order for the database and cache to be updated with your changes

But that's impractical. Okay yes, it's doable, but manually seeking through a library for a handful of movies that are part of a set, in order for the set to display properly, is a workaround at best.

"Update Library" should update the library, including set changes, etc. Not simply add new items.

Bottom line - it's clunky as it stands, and we need a real "Update Library" function for this to go beyond the techie market.
I'm sure the DEV's would welcome a patch !
>>X<<' Wrote:I'm sure the DEV's would welcome a patch !
And everyone is or has to be a coder!
AbMagFab Wrote:I've figured out how to delete the .DB file and do a full rescan, but that's sort of drastic and not very automated.

Please tell me how to do that, its faster than re-installing when I can't get it right. I keep changing my library setup...
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:Please tell me how to do that, its faster than re-installing when I can't get it right. I keep changing my library setup...

look in your user folder (different for xp, windows 7, and linux) under app/roam/xbmc/userdata/database/* << in that folder has the database files. look for the video one and delete.

then start up xbmc, add your locations and rescan.

Smile

Hope that helps
SoBBie
If you just delete your db you don't need to add any source again you just need to set content on them

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No way to force a full rescan of video paths?0