• 21(current)
Req SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC
You are right, this feature has to be implemented in OS-level. It seems the developers of intel/nvidia-drivers are a little lazy. Huh
As far as i know the DSD-over-HDMI feature has to be integrated in the intel/nvidia drivers, but the developers don't want to/ have their reasons not to want...
Same thing with MVC-3d integration.

@HeresJohnny:

I do not 100% agree with your opinion. SACD-playback is a important feature (which works flawlessly in foobar2000) but has a lot to do with DSD-over-HDMI. People with SACD-iso's want to hear pure DSD, otherwise they could use PCM-material, which is much easier.
This is no problem in stereo, but for multichannel there is still no possibility to playback DSD-material, except a handful of VERY expensive DAC's. DoP is only working for stereo as far as i know. Are there developments in multichannel-DoP?
It appears that multichannel DSDIFF playback is finally possible as of Kodi v18.0 "Leia". I've just updated my Shield TV (Android) Kodi. The multichannel files (Sony DSF as well as Phillips DFF) that previously generated only sound garbage are now crisp and clear. Output is over HDMI to my Amplifier. SACD Iso's still don't work, but at least we have options now.

I couldn't find any reference of DSD or SACD in the changelog, so I don't know if this got sorted finally by changing the nvidia/intel drivers or by adding a software feature for converting these types of signals to PCM. Anyone else have any infos on this?
Yes, it is possible to playback multichannel-DSD. I was not aware, that this was not possible in former versions of Kodi.
But the point is, that DSD is still converted to PCM. So it is not really an achievement in my opinion.
Btw. DSF and DFF is more or less the same - DFF is lossless compressed DSF. Like flac for PCM.
FYI - Playing DSF files with Kodi's latest (18.0) eliminates the loud noise between tracks. I run Libreelec 9.0 on (2) Intel NUC's. Nice job Kodi !
Music 
(2019-02-07, 21:44)blueribb Wrote: FYI - Playing DSF files with Kodi's latest (18.0) eliminates the loud noise between tracks. I run Libreelec 9.0 on (2) Intel NUC's. Nice job Kodi !
 Sadly this hasn't been ported to VFS.SACD yet, it still "clicks" between tracks Confused.

Dear @spiff
mixing the most recent sources of vfs.sacd yields a working result, so thank you for fixing the playback  Music .

Unfortunately there is also a downside to report  Shocked, the length of each and all tracks within an ISO has been cut to about a THIRD:
Hey!

I searched for this addon (sacd) and did not find the vfs in kodi (android). Any idea? Smile

Appreciate!
(2019-03-13, 22:43)marcio.napoli Wrote: Hey!

I searched for this addon (sacd) and did not find the vfs in kodi (android). Any idea? Smile

Appreciate!
It hasn't been released yet.
Thanks 😀

(2019-03-14, 14:57)blueribb Wrote:
(2019-03-13, 22:43)marcio.napoli Wrote: Hey!

Appreciate!
It hasn't been released yet.
Anybody still working on this?
(2019-06-29, 22:13)dabl Wrote: Anybody still working on this?

Kodi handles .dsf files but not SACD ISO files (yet). I use Foobar2000 to play sacd iso's - it's great !
I, too, hope that @spiff can find time one of these days to finish the ISO part of the project. I also got in touch with David Bryant, the developer of wavpack, and he will try to find time to submit some changes to ffmpeg - Kodi's decoding engine for DSD - so it will work with WAVPACK-DSD files (which can be even be multichannel).
(2019-06-30, 06:07)HeresJohnny Wrote: I, too, hope that @spiff can find time one of these days to finish the ISO part of the project. I also got in touch with David Bryant, the developer of wavpack, and he will try to find time to submit some changes to ffmpeg - Kodi's decoding engine for DSD - so it will work with WAVPACK-DSD files (which can be even be multichannel).

Any news about this project? This would be amazing.
No, spiff is busy in real life right now Smile
You can try MPD.
Wavpack-DSD is working there in Stereo and Multichannel without problems.
ffmpeg support of both stereo and multichannel WAVPACK-DSD files would be huge
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC5