• 22(current)
Req SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC
FIY:

I already got in touch with the developer of Wavpack, David Bryant. He's a really nice and accessible guy and he already submitted code to ffmpeg for a Wavpack DSD decoder some while ago. Unfortunately, that community has very strict guidelines for code style (to put it nicely) so it was rejected solely on the grounds of that. Plus, going through the comments I got the impression that no-one fully understoond the implications and inner workings of what needed to be done. So the current status is that David was rebuffed and needs some real motivation to give it another go, just to re-format the code with proper function names and what-have-you.

For those interested in the details or even in helping out, you can read more HERE.
Anyone else tried this recent SACD Add-On to play .iso files?  I have, with mixed results.  Some will play, some still have the screech, some aren't even recoginzed as an .iso file.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:SACD_ISO_support
(2020-05-25, 21:11)jasn Wrote: Anyone else tried this recent SACD Add-On to play .iso files?  I have, with mixed results.  Some will play, some still have the screech, some aren't even recoginzed as an .iso file.

Cool thanks for the heads up, had not heard about it.

Fantastic news that somebody somewhere is actually trying to make this work.
About 50% of all my SACD ISO's work. The others just BUZZZZZZZ. I haven't tried multi-track music yet.

Update: Audio output level is quite low compared to other files. I don't think multi-channel files work at all.

Well, at least it's a start. I'm crossing my fingers that the developer/s can get it to work at good as foobar2000.
I am a fan of (classical) music and I have:
Nvidia SHIELD TV Android TV (NO-Personal Computer!)
KODI 18.7 (2020-05-20)
SACD ISO support (1.0.4 by spiff) as an add-on installed
The playback of any two-channel stereo SACD .iso file is OK while when trying to play a multi-channel .iso (5.1 for example ..) you see the individual tracks on the screen but it is impossible to hear ...
The reproduction generates only a very loud noise ".... BUUUZZZZZZZ ..."
What's wrong? Does the developer need to update the ADD-On?
How about you actually read this thread first and then start bullying the dev?
(2020-05-25, 21:11)jasn Wrote: Anyone else tried this recent SACD Add-On to play .iso files?  I have, with mixed results.  Some will play, some still have the screech, some aren't even recoginzed as an .iso file.

Just realized the author spiff is likely the same guy who originally started development somewhere in this thread stretching back from 2012. 

*2012*, crazy huh?  

If so, this is him at kodi.tv  Again if it's the same guy it looks like he's posted recently in other threads but not in this one for whatever reason.

Further it seems that for whatever reason the spiff who authored the add-on didn't enable the discussion tab in the wiki page.

Maybe he doesn't want to hear about feedback yet.  Still it would have been nice to include some details on use and what is and isn't working etc.

I noticed on the github page there are more than 1 contributor and recent commits both of which I take to be good signs.
(2020-06-04, 20:10)HeresJohnny Wrote: How about you actually read this thread first and then start bullying the dev?

874/5000
Dear sir ... I don't mistreat anyone ... I only asked for help and an explanation .. This is my first post that I made with great difficulty because I don't speak the English language in the least like you ... I had to translate my first post with the Google translator ...
I, of course, thank those who spend their time making software and add-ons for all of us ... maybe for you too.
Just suggest to those who write his first post, to go and read an explanation that I have to read in the language I don't speak ..
A little help .. a little education .. a little welcome ... and everything goes OK ...
I ask you .. dear friends who speak and write English to give me, if you can, help .. an explanation of what I wrote and I will be very grateful .. Thanks
Obviously I will have to translate what you write to me ... You will excuse me, I hope ...
Bienvendio... no importa en que idioma hablamos, lo mas importante es informarse antes de escribir para ahorrar tiempo a los demas. Google Chrome tiene integrado un excellente traductor que te deja leer las paginas en tu lengua materna.

Translation: Language is not an excuse to stop thinking. Welcome! :-)
(2019-12-18, 13:38)contadino Wrote: You can try MPD.
Wavpack-DSD is working there in Stereo and Multichannel without problems.

What is MDP please?
Music Player Daemon ?

Is this an addon for Kodi ?

Please explain
(2020-06-07, 16:34)blueribb Wrote: Is this an addon for Kodi ?

No, it's not. https://www.musicpd.org/
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-06-07, 18:19)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 16:34)blueribb Wrote: Is this an addon for Kodi ?

No, it's not. https://www.musicpd.org/
MPD was mentioned in post # 314 & 325 but it seems myself and others have no idea what it is. I google MPD and found Music Player Daemon but after reading the page, I still have no idea how it relates to Kodi, so I googled MPD and Kodi and found this addon > https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:MPD_Client

Again, the documentation is lacking and I have no idea exactly what it does.

I'm a long time Kodi and Libreelec user but I know almost nothing about Linux, so maybe someone can explain what post #314 means in relation to SACD playback in Kodi.

Thanks
Hi blueribb,
basically MPD has nothing to do with KODI. It's a music-server, which handles Wavpack-DSD quite well. You can find the user manual here:
mpd manual

The software works as a server, which playback the music and needs a client to be controled. There are a lot of different clients for many platforms and it seems, there is also a mpd-client for KODI. So if you manage to install MPD on your system, you should be able to control it with this client.
I use MPD on a Linux-platform which is quite tricky (i'm not a Linux-expert...), so i have no experience with MPD under Windows and can not help you with this.
(2020-06-09, 10:20)contadino Wrote: Hi blueribb,
basically MPD has nothing to do with KODI. It's a music-server, which handles Wavpack-DSD quite well. You can find the user manual here:
mpd manual

The software works as a server, which playback the music and needs a client to be controled. There are a lot of different clients for many platforms and it seems, there is also a mpd-client for KODI. So if you manage to install MPD on your system, you should be able to control it with this client.
I use MPD on a Linux-platform which is quite tricky (i'm not a Linux-expert...), so i have no experience with MPD under Windows and can not help you with this.
I have been using Foobar2000 to play my SACD ISO's on a couple Windows machines and would really like to play these files with Kodi. I attemped to install MPD Server on my Windows Server and really couldn't figure out how to do it. I found an MPD Server EXE file (MPD.exe) but it just blinked and didn't seem to install. I also installed the MPD Client addon in Libreelec (Kodi) but there are no instructions on how to configure or set it up. I read everything I found and it's all greek to me. It looks like I'll just wait patiently until Spiff or whoever is working on this project to get it working properly.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC5