• 25(current)
Req SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC
(2021-01-10, 21:03)HomerJau Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 17:54)blueribb Wrote: but I will wait until Libreelec releases a Kodi 19 build to try it.
(Thanks for your post confirming ISO and MCH playback)

You can try LibreElec with Kodi 19 beta here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=358650
Thanks but I prefer to wait for Libreelec to release a stable version before I will install it. I use LE daily and don't wish to experience crashes or problems of any kind. My Windows 10 machines run Kodi just for test purposes.
(2021-01-10, 17:54)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 05:57)Romsol92 Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 05:40)blueribb Wrote: I'm using version 1.0.4.1 with Libreelec 9.2.6 (Kodi 18.9) and the addon finds SACD ISO's and plays them just fine but not all of them and especially not multi-channel ISO's. I am anxious to see if the newer version works on all SACD ISO's when the next version of Libreelec is released.
When you say it finds them, where exactly does it find them? Is it supposed to be it's own category, or do you launch them from within Music or Videos or Movies? I don't see that there is any actual functionality if the add-on is launched. It is just configuration settings like adjusting the volume.
Within my Music Folder, I have a sub-folder titled SACD ISOs. The sub-folder and it's contents are now visible when selected. I am going to update to Kodi 19 on a windows 10 machine and also install the latest addon for SACD ISO support later today and see if it functions. I will post a follow up.

Follow up: It worked ! After installing Kodi 19.0 beta 2 and then going to add-ons / kodi addon repository / audio decoders / SACD ISO support and then installing it successfully, I then restarted Kodi and all SACD files were both visible and played (even multi-channel files). Since this is on a Windows 10 desktop system, I cannot see if the files are identified as SACD or PCM. I suspect my AVR will ID them as PCM but I will wait until Libreelec releases a Kodi 19 build to try it.

Good Luck
Thank you. I was able to follow your lead and get it working. Just to confirm, the ISO's don't show up in the Artist, Album or Song view. You have to manually go to Files under Music, browse to a folder that you've setup as a share (which contains the ISOs) and then select an ISO. From there you can play the album or individual songs, which will show up in a list.

Does anybody know if there is a way to integrate the ISOs into the Music category other than what I've just described?
(2021-01-11, 00:17)Romsol92 Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 17:54)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 05:57)Romsol92 Wrote: When you say it finds them, where exactly does it find them? Is it supposed to be it's own category, or do you launch them from within Music or Videos or Movies? I don't see that there is any actual functionality if the add-on is launched. It is just configuration settings like adjusting the volume.
Within my Music Folder, I have a sub-folder titled SACD ISOs. The sub-folder and it's contents are now visible when selected. I am going to update to Kodi 19 on a windows 10 machine and also install the latest addon for SACD ISO support later today and see if it functions. I will post a follow up.

Follow up: It worked ! After installing Kodi 19.0 beta 2 and then going to add-ons / kodi addon repository / audio decoders / SACD ISO support and then installing it successfully, I then restarted Kodi and all SACD files were both visible and played (even multi-channel files). Since this is on a Windows 10 desktop system, I cannot see if the files are identified as SACD or PCM. I suspect my AVR will ID them as PCM but I will wait until Libreelec releases a Kodi 19 build to try it.

Good Luck
Thank you. I was able to follow your lead and get it working. Just to confirm, the ISO's don't show up in the Artist, Album or Song view. You have to manually go to Files under Music, browse to a folder that you've setup as a share (which contains the ISOs) and then select an ISO. From there you can play the album or individual songs, which will show up in a list.

Does anybody know if there is a way to integrate the ISOs into the Music category other than what I've just described?
Try putting just one SACD ISO in it's own folder and make sure you title the folder correctly, so the scraper can ID it. I'm not sure if this will work or not. Let me know
(2021-01-11, 00:29)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 00:17)Romsol92 Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 17:54)blueribb Wrote: Within my Music Folder, I have a sub-folder titled SACD ISOs. The sub-folder and it's contents are now visible when selected. I am going to update to Kodi 19 on a windows 10 machine and also install the latest addon for SACD ISO support later today and see if it functions. I will post a follow up.

Good Luck

Try putting just one SACD ISO in it's own folder and make sure you title the folder correctly, so the scraper can ID it. I'm not sure if this will work or not. Let me know
That did not work for me. I tried it a few different ways:

I first made a folder named after the artist in the same hierarchy I use for all my FLAC music. I then put in a folder named after the album - this folder contained the ISO. I tried naming the ISO <albumname.iso> as well as <artistname-albumname.iso>. 

In the next 2 instances I used the Add Music feature under Files in Music.

I made a new share called SACD. In this folder I tried the same artist/albumname combinations used above.

Lastly I pointed the Add Music directly to the folder that contained the ISO.

After each of these I attempted a library update. I saw the folders pop up in the corner as they were scanned.

No dice on any of these. Neither the album, artist nor songs showed up in any lists under Music.
(2021-01-11, 02:22)Romsol92 Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 00:29)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 00:17)Romsol92 Wrote: Thank you. I was able to follow your lead and get it working. Just to confirm, the ISO's don't show up in the Artist, Album or Song view. You have to manually go to Files under Music, browse to a folder that you've setup as a share (which contains the ISOs) and then select an ISO. From there you can play the album or individual songs, which will show up in a list.

I first made a folder named after the artist in the same hierarchy I use for all my FLAC music. I then put in a folder named after the album - this folder contained the ISO. I tried naming the ISO <albumname.iso> as well as <artistname-albumname.iso>. 

I made a new share called SACD. In this folder I tried the same artist/albumname combinations used above.

After each of these I attempted a library update. I saw the folders pop up in the corner as they were scanned.

No dice on any of these. Neither the album, artist nor songs showed up in any lists under Music.
Maybe when the SACD is ripped to make an ISO file, the tagging or whatever is lost and the scrapers have nothing to work with. Only a guess. I know you can add a folder.jpg file inside each folder which contains the album cover art. I'm not sure if this will help when the folder gets scraped but at least it adds folder art to each music folder.
(2021-01-11, 03:45)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 02:22)Romsol92 Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 00:29)blueribb Wrote: Try putting just one SACD ISO in it's own folder and make sure you title the folder correctly, so the scraper can ID it. I'm not sure if this will work or not. Let me know

Maybe when the SACD is ripped to make an ISO file, the tagging or whatever is lost and the scrapers have nothing to work with. Only a guess. I know you can add a folder.jpg file inside each folder which contains the album cover art. I'm not sure if this will help when the folder gets scraped but at least it adds folder art to each music folder.

Soooo, it seem there may be an interesting side effect of this add-on with Kodi 19 Matrix Beta 2. I noticed that I suddenly had about 20 copies of Kung Fu Hustle that showed as "Recently Added Movies". When I played them, they were various movies in my collection, all of which are .ISO files. Any other file format was unaffected. 

I have disabled the SACD add-on for the time being.
(2021-01-10, 21:09)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 21:03)HomerJau Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 17:54)blueribb Wrote: but I will wait until Libreelec releases a Kodi 19 build to try it.
(Thanks for your post confirming ISO and MCH playback)

Thanks but I prefer to wait for Libreelec to release a stable version before I will install it. I use LE daily and don't wish to experience crashes or problems of any kind. My Windows 10 machines run Kodi just for test purposes.
I use a Beelink GT King with CoreElec and Kodi 18.9

I confirm SACD ISO 2.0 can be read
but SACD ISO 5.1 not (only noise)
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
(2021-01-11, 04:14)Jacques56 Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 21:09)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 21:03)HomerJau Wrote: (Thanks for your post confirming ISO and MCH playback)

I use a Beelink GT King with CoreElec and Kodi 18.9

I confirm SACD ISO 2.0 can be read
but SACD ISO 5.1 not (only noise)
You have to run Kodi 19 and the latest SACD ISO addon for 5.1 to work properly.
Yes, do not confuse:

vfs.sacd - old addon
audiodecoder.sacd - new addon v19 only
(2021-01-11, 04:12)Romsol92 Wrote: Soooo, it seem there may be an interesting side effect of this add-on with Kodi 19 Matrix Beta 2. I noticed that I suddenly had about 20 copies of Kung Fu Hustle that showed as "Recently Added Movies". When I played them, they were various movies in my collection, all of which are .ISO files. Any other file format was unaffected. 

I have disabled the SACD add-on for the time being.

Yep, I just noticed the same with Kodi 19 RC on Android (Nvidia Shield TV). The good news is cleaning the library clears out all those bogus entries (udf://../../..)

I'm bummed because the plugin was mostly working great. I say mostly because I have many multichannel SACD .ISOs it was only seeing/playing as stereo that foobar plays fine as multichannel.

Not being an expert I'm not sure exactly how this plugin works but it appears to be working at an overall file system level enabling Kodi to 'see into' any .iso files.

Was thinking that if possible it might be good to have an option to link/assign it to only 1 or more folders and ignore others.

Reported here
It's not only .iso files causing the kung fu issue, it also picks up .id extensions (eg bdmv.id)
Kodi v19 libreelec test build

I went to the lake and cannot find the download her version 19 libreelec test
Thank you

Wanting to stream multi-channel SACD ISO files..
(2021-03-02, 15:41)jlm86 Wrote: Kodi v19 libreelec test build

Thank you

audiodecoder.sacd

or you can install from the Kodi Addon Repository > Addons / Install from Repository / Audio Decoders / SACD ISO Support
(2021-03-02, 15:59)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 15:41)jlm86 Wrote: Kodi v19 libreelec test build

Thank you

audiodecoder.sacd

or you can install from the Kodi Addon Repository > Addons / Install from Repository / Audio Decoders / SACD ISO Support
Where is the actual download for
Libreelec kodi v19 test?

Thank you
(2021-03-02, 17:07)jlm86 Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 15:59)blueribb Wrote:  
(2021-03-02, 15:41)jlm86 Wrote:  
Where is the actual download for
Libreelec kodi v19 test?

Thank you
https://test.libreelec.tv/

Be sure to use the correct version, depending on your playback device.  If you are using a NUC use the Generic version.

1.  Make a complete backup via LE Backup of your old software first.  I'd recommend storing it on an attached USB;
2.  If you decide to go back to v18, you must first restore LE using v9.2 and reset to v18 factory settings before reloading your old backup.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC5