• 26(current)
Req SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC
Kodi 19 Nvidia Shield > sacd iso addon

Has anyone tested?
(2021-01-11, 05:49)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 04:14)Jacques56 Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 21:09)blueribb Wrote: Thanks but I prefer to wait for Libreelec to release a stable version before I will install it. I use LE daily and don't wish to experience crashes or problems of any kind. My Windows 10 machines run Kodi just for test purposes.
I use a Beelink GT King with CoreElec and Kodi 18.9

I confirm SACD ISO 2.0 can be read
but SACD ISO 5.1 not (only noise)
You have to run Kodi 19 and the latest SACD ISO addon for 5.1 to work properly.

Could you please help find the right version of sacd add-on to play 5.1 ISOs.
I'm on Kodi 19 - Nvidia shield pro 2019.
Thanks
(2021-03-10, 18:23)kooldib. Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 05:49)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 04:14)Jacques56 Wrote: I use a Beelink GT King with CoreElec and Kodi 18.9

I confirm SACD ISO 2.0 can be read
but SACD ISO 5.1 not (only noise)
You have to run Kodi 19 and the latest SACD ISO addon for 5.1 to work properly.

Could you please help find the right version of sacd add-on to play 5.1 ISOs.
I'm on Kodi 19 - Nvidia shield pro 2019.
Thanks
Read post #373
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will eat every day.
Hello dear kodi users and lovers of high-quality audio sound. Immediately, I apologize for my poor English. I am using google translator. I have the CoreElec version installed. kodi19. the sacd iso extension is also installed. What I have: SACD ISO 2.0 - playable without problems. SACD iso 5.1 - with interrupts (stutters). How can this be fixed. Thank you for earlier. Yes, and one more thing: CoreElec 19 - installed on the tv box - x96max plus 2.
(2021-03-30, 12:02)Viziter Wrote: Hello dear kodi users and lovers of high-quality audio sound. Immediately, I apologize for my poor English. I am using google translator. I have the CoreElec version installed. kodi19. the sacd iso extension is also installed. What I have: SACD ISO 2.0 - playable without problems. SACD iso 5.1 - with interrupts (stutters). How can this be fixed. Thank you for earlier. Yes, and one more thing: CoreElec 19 - installed on the tv box - x96max plus 2.

My 2 desktop computers and 2 Intel NUC's all play fine without interrupts (stutters). The problem may be your tv box. It may not have the power or it may be incompatible with the SACD ISO 2.0 addon.
2.0 - plays great.
5.1 - stutters.
I have CoreELEC too and 5.1 ISOs plays great. Box is X88 King
but I have one silly question. How do you sort files inside ISOs.
my "issue" is as follow
track 1 2.0
track 1 5.1
track 2 2.0
track 2 5.1
etc.
Seems impossible to sort it all 2.0 or 5.1 to play complete album without repeats of songs
TIA
(2021-03-31, 13:22)oblivian10 Wrote: but I have one silly question. How do you sort files inside ISOs.
my "issue" is as follow
track 1 2.0
track 1 5.1
track 2 2.0
track 2 5.1
etc.
Seems impossible to sort it all 2.0 or 5.1 to play complete album without repeats of songs
TIA
The context menu (press keyboard C when a track is highlighted) contains "delete". I wonder if you could actually delete just the 2-channel tracks within an ISO file ? Another possibility is to "rename" the beginning of the 2-channel or multi-channel tracks which may cause the track list to re-sort itself. Just a thought. Update: Renaming each track doesn't seem to work for me.
(2021-03-31, 13:22)oblivian10 Wrote: but I have one silly question. How do you sort files inside ISOs.

In the addon settings, change 'Preferable area' from 'all' to either 'stereo' or 'multichannel' depending upon which types of track you want to see/play.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-01-11, 04:12)Romsol92 Wrote: Soooo, it seem there may be an interesting side effect of this add-on with Kodi 19 Matrix Beta 2. I noticed that I suddenly had about 20 copies of Kung Fu Hustle that showed as "Recently Added Movies". When I played them, they were various movies in my collection, all of which are .ISO files. Any other file format was unaffected. 

I have disabled the SACD add-on for the time being.
(2021-02-09, 17:14)dabl Wrote: Yep, I just noticed the same with Kodi 19 RC on Android (Nvidia Shield TV). The good news is cleaning the library clears out all those bogus entries (udf://../../..)

I'm bummed because the plugin was mostly working great. I saw mostly because I have many multichannel SACD .ISOs it was only seeing/playing as stereo that foobar plays fine as multichannel.

Not being an expert I'm not sure exactly how this plugin works but it appears to be working at an overall file system level enabling Kodi to 'see into' any .iso files.

Was thinking that if possible it might be good to have an option to link/assign it to only 1 or more folders and ignore others.

Reported here

Ugh, just discovered it's actually much worse.

With the plugin enabled many (perhaps all) of my .iso movies in my Kodi library don't play, there is a quick flash and then nothing.

With the plugin disabled all good again.

Haven't yet captured/looked at logs showing success/failure with plugin disabled/enabled.
(2021-03-31, 20:00)black_eagle Wrote:

In the addon settings, change 'Preferable area' from 'all' to either 'stereo' or 'multichannel' depending upon which types of track you want to see/play.

That worked - thanks. The only problem I can see with selecting "multichannel" is that you are limited to seeing and playing multichannel ISO files until you change the addon setting again.
(2021-03-31, 20:55)blueribb Wrote: That worked - thanks. The only problem I can see with selecting "multichannel" is that you are limited to seeing and playing multichannel ISO files until you change the addon setting again.

I don't personally see that as much of an issue, but I guess you would prefer it if "multichannel" falls back to stereo in the event of their being no multichannel files ?  Stereo would still be forceable for discs containing both. I don't know if that is do-able or not.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
In view of the fact that I prefer multichannel (and sacd 5.1 is not played for me), I decided to convert sacd to dts-cd format. And you know, it worked out great. indistinguishable from the original!
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC5