283 movies downloaded, only 229 show in library
I have a Samsung Spinpoint 2 TB drive loaded up with movies, and I added the whole drive as a source within XBMC

When I use Library view to see all my movies, it lists 229 total. When I look at my collection using Windows explorer, there are 283 folders that contain AVI and MKV files.

I even went so far as removing the drive as a source, cleaned the video library, added the drive back and re-scraped all 283 movies. Same number.

I wasn't sure if this was a skin issue or an XMBC one, so I posted in the general section. (I use the latest 'Night' skin btw).
Intel NUC 11 NUC11PAHi3 // LibreELEC 11.0
What is your Naming Scheme?
Recommended:
Quote:MovieName (YEAR).SourceType.EXT
SourceType is optional and only used to flag HDTV, SDTV, DVD, Bluray rips.
All on one drive

E:\Movie (Year)\Movie (year).ext
Do you pre-scrape?
I keep 927 movies, and I recommend you use a media manage to get the information.
Particularly, Try Ember Media Manager Revisited
Is there a way to automate it? I would (and have done it to the majority prior) but since I use SABnzbd and CouchPotato, it searches, downloads, sorts and renames everything, then updates XBMC all on its own.

I will try again though using Ember. Erase source, clean lib, run Ember, add source back, update lib
What is the advantage of using something like ember? So far xbmc has been doing a good job unless I jackup some folder names or something. I'm new so just curious as a noob and hoping I'm doing things right.
svinyard Wrote:What is the advantage of using something like ember? So far xbmc has been doing a good job unless I jackup some folder names or something. I'm new so just curious as a noob and hoping I'm doing things right.

It is a pre-scraper

Which is nice to have (as I'm finally finding out) when you completely rebuild your library. Instead of having XBMC do all the work every time, all images and info is stored in specific files with each movie for XBMC to just read and display
I see absolutely no advantage of using a Media Manager, unless you want to modify a lot of info/artwork manually.

For scraping only, it's a better choice to use XBMC's scraper addons.
If you want to rebuild your library, you can also do an export to separate files from within XBMC which will resulting the same locally stored files.

So my recommendation is that if you don't want to manually fiddle with the info/artwork, use only XBMC! You will have a smoother experience.
I pre-scraped everything, and began to add everything back into XBMC

I can already see that it's missed at least one movie, Just Go With It. This same movie was a problem before also. It's a high quality x264 720p mkv file, and I have watched it before.

Any other ideas?
One more attempt, I removed all movies and cleaned the video library.

I then added a new source 'E:\Movies\Just Go With It (2011)' which contains all these files:

fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
Just Go With It (2011).mkv
Just Go With It (2011)-fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
poster.jpg

Everything except the video file was scraped using Ember.

After adding the specific movie folder as a source, I updated the library and it was found. It still does not display IN the library though, but can be played/viewed using the file browser method.

I'm stumped
What happens if you refresh the movie from the movie info dialog?

Also, maybe you hide watched movies in the library, that's why you don't see it?

thereddog Wrote:fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
Just Go With It (2011).mkv
Just Go With It (2011)-fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
poster.jpg

isn't there 4th option to be checked for covert art? Rolleyes
That is one of the reason I don't like to see peope using Media Managers. They don't know how to set it up and use properly, but they think it's better then just using XBMC.
I can't refresh info because it is not displayed in the library. And I do not have XBMC set to hide watched movies. Doesn't matter anyway since I nuked the whole movie database.

I am waiting to see how many movies XBMC sees
thereddog Wrote:I can't refresh info because it is not displayed in the library. And I do not have XBMC set to hide watched movies. Doesn't matter anyway since I nuked the whole movie database.

I am waiting to see how many movies XBMC sees

Well, you can bring up the movie info from file mode too.
I'll try that.

My XMBC total went up to 247 movies now
olympia Wrote:Well, you can bring up the movie info from file mode too.

This does nothing.

All the info is there, btw. Everything works, except that some movies aren't displayed in library mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
283 movies downloaded, only 229 show in library0