Configuration?
I just discovered XBMC the other day and I'm really looking forward to using it on my HTPC, but I'm not sure quite how to configure it.

My HTPC can access current Movies and TV Shows from a share on a local server, which is always available. The rest of my collections are stored on external hard drives that I connect only when I want to watch their respective contents. The server has a small permanent collection as well as an "unarchived" folder for items pending archival on one of the external drives.

I'd like to organize the XBMC Library such that I don't have to do extensive work when archiving content. I looked into using profiles and the unavailability add-on for hiding what was on an external (but still being able to see it in the library), but I created a smart playlist that shows only content stored on the server.

So my question is how to organize the library when items are moved: they'll no longer be located on the server, and I'd like to automate the process of removing them from the server source and readding them to the archives. Obviously I can scan the externals for new content as I add it to keep that up-to-date, but I don't know how to remove the entries pointing to the old location automatically (using the Clean Library function would remove everything stored on the externals as they couldn't all be simultaneously connected). Is there some way to run Clean Library on one specific source? Would XMBC automatically delete the older duplicate entry when the new one was added? Is there something else I seem to be missing entirely?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuration?0