Is there a way of having the f12 key change audio outputs ?
Hi all

I know you can not have 2 audio outs at the same time one from optical and one from hdmi unless you use the patch. But I was wondering if you use a shortcut key to do the same to be able to hit a key and it would select between the hdmi audio or optical audio instead of going into the audio settings, is this possible ?

Thanks

Oh I use windows 7
I don't think there is a built in function to change the audio output.

JR
Thanks, I know you can change the audio output in xbmc audio settings just thought that there Gould be a notify to do the same so you could program say the f12 key to be able to hot swap what audio output device you wanted.

Bit of a pain going into settings all the time to keep swapping audio outputs as sometimes I watch tv with audio out the tv and then sometimes using my amp for movies
One thing I hated when moving from XP to Win 7 was loosing the ability to use outputs simultaneously which I needed but there is a nice little app that allows you to switch default audio device in win 7 using hot keys maybe that will work for you I use version 3.0 in win 7 64bit and it works perfectly

SoundSwitch

You realize you can switch between HDMI and Optical from the OSD when playing media you don't have to go into settings
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Will this work with the iPad and commander ? And in xbmc ?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way of having the f12 key change audio outputs ?0