Music video NFOs
I tried installing like you said, from the zip file but the option to enable is still disabled.
make sure the scraper is in the correct place. on the windows version of xbmc, there is an Addons folder in Aplication Data>XBMC but the mtv scraper lives in the addons folder in the install directory....
Thank you for the awesome help you are giving. I am having the same problem enabling the add on once it is installed. It is still telling me that the MTV plugin is disabled, and does not give me an option to uninstall the old version. Is there a way to manually uninstall the old plugin? I am running the XBMC live version 10.1 over the top of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Thanks again for all the help.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
If you find your userdata directory (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profile_Directory), drill down into the Database directory and delete Addons.db then start XBMC you'll get a prompt to disable the MTV add-on. Answer "no" and this will leave the MTV add-on enabled.

I don't think deleting Addons.db is dangerous, but I would copy it somewhere as a backup before you delete it.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:If you find your userdata directory (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profile_Directory), drill down into the Database directory and delete Addons.db then start XBMC you'll get a prompt to disable the MTV add-on. Answer "no" and this will leave the MTV add-on enabled.

I don't think deleting Addons.db is dangerous, but I would copy it somewhere as a backup before you delete it.

JR

JR,

That did it! Thank you for your help. XBMC is fully functional. Thanks again.

Mark
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Cool. I must admit I didn't realise that the NFO file functionality depended on the scraper.

JR
You sir, are a gentleman. I was able to download and install the add-on to my Linux box and got it working. After a quick and dirty python script to generate NFO files, I'm now enjoying my videos.

Thanks!
great thread, I am finally able to populate the "shows" on my home menu on aeonMQ2. Such a simple .nfo file!!!

<musicvideo>
<title>Bestsongintheworld</title>
<artist>Bestartistintheworld</artist>
<album>Me</album>
<genre>Pop</genre>
<runtime>3:20</runtime>
<plot>Scantly clad women hoing about</plot>
<year>2000</year>
<director>and I</director>
<studio>Ego prod.</studio>
</musicvideo>

Question, has anyone been able to organize this into:
MUSIC.VIDEO.SOURCE.FOLDER
--Artist
-----Album
----------video1
----------video2 etc?
--Artist
-----Album
----------video1
----------video2 etc?

I tried a simple "artist.nfo" in a main (artist) subfolder to my music.videos source but no luck. I set scan recursively. It simply shows each music video in a long list with no organization.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:I tried a simple "artist.nfo" in a main (artist) subfolder to my music.videos source but no luck. I set scan recursively. It simply shows each music video in a long list with no organization.

The trick I used was to navigate to the root of my library, enter Musicvideos and set "Artists" as a favorite. I then added a custom favorite to the main menu, called it "Musicvideos" and assigned the "Artists"-favorite there. It is a bit of a hack, and I've not tried it outside of Transparency!.

Thanks for the info on how to get the musicvideo-library up and running again! The broken MTV-scraper an Yahoo's API-limitations were driving me nuts!
Question 
I've learned a great deal from this thread and have my music videos set to use the MTV scraper and also set to scan recursively.

An example of my nfo file content is shown below.

<musicvideo>
<title>05 Beautiful People</title>
<artist>Melanie</artist>
<album>Brand New Key (VCD)</album>
<genre>Acoustic</genre>
<runtime>4:55</runtime>
<plot></plot>
<year></year>
<director></director>
<studio>MasterTone - Radio Bremen 1995</studio>
<thumb>S:\__Videos\music_dvd\Melanie\Brand New Key VCD\folder.JPG</thumb>
</musicvideo>

My folder and file structure is as below.

videos
>music_dvd
>>Artist Name 1
>>>Album Name 1
>>>>folder.JPG
>>>>Track 1.iso
>>>>Track 1.nfo
>>>>Track 2.iso
>>>>Track 2.nfo
>>>> etc
>>>Album Name 2
>>>>folder.JPG
>>>>Track 1.iso
>>>>Track 1.nfo
>>>>Track 2.iso
>>>>Track 2.nfo
>>>> etc
>>Artist Name 2
>>>Album Name 1
>>>>folder.JPG
>>>>Track 1.iso
>>>>Track 1.nfo
>>>>Track 2.iso
>>>>Track 2.nfo
>>>> etc
>>>Album Name 2
>>>>folder.JPG
>>>>Track 1.iso
>>>>Track 1.nfo
>>>>Track 2.iso
>>>>Track 2.nfo
>>>> etc

In each album folder you will see there's an nfo file for each 'Track num.iso' with the exact same filename but with the nfo extension, and there's a folder.JPG file of the album cover.

The scanning/scraping results in the individual tracks being correctly available by any of the normal routes (eg drilling down from Artist or Album or Genre etc). The <thumb> tag in the track nfo files ensures that the album image is shown at the individual track level.

So far, so good... excellent in fact.

BUT (isn't there always a 'but'?)... I'd really like to be able to display thumbnails at artist level and album level like I can do with my music library (which has the same folder structure - ie music > artist > album > tracks with a folder.JPG file in the artist folder and in the album folder).

Is there a way to achieve this? What files do I need in the artist folder and album folder? And how do I tell XBMC to use/display them?

Running Dharma 10.1 Git: e9e9099 (Compiled Mar 8 2011)
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2

Sorry for being so long-winded, but I wanted to provide as much relevant info as possible.

Jimmy
Hi,

I am also trying to do something similar, but I don't know how to add the track number to the xml file. In the example from jivauk above, he left the tracknumber in the title tag. Can't the track number be given with an appropriate tag for it? There is a <position sabg for labums, but I wonder whether it can be used in this case, where each track is in a separate file.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Code:
<track>01</track>

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music video NFOs1