dimensions for disc.png
Hi,

Is there a specific size the disc.png files must have for dimensions?

I have a problem with the disc.png files, one example is Avatar, the disc.png dimension is 340x340 but only fills 3/4 of the void in the dvd case.

Cheers,
Ardalista
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

One more question,

I've noticed once disc.png has been recognised and is displayed within XBMC I cannot change it by replacing the dics.png file in the folder with the movie.

If I remove disc.png it still displays from somewhere else, where would this location be?
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

you can download a template for disk art from here:

http://fanart.tv/cdart/

as to where they are stored...
first, the cd-art images need to be square.
but, what's most likely your issue, is that your tv/monitor is not using a 16:9 aspect-ratio.

the skin is coded in 720p, so running it at anything other than 16:9 will result in stretched images in certain places.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ardalista Wrote:One more question,

I've noticed once disc.png has been recognised and is displayed within XBMC I cannot change it by replacing the dics.png file in the folder with the movie.

If I remove disc.png it still displays from somewhere else, where would this location be?

xbmc caches the images, so they may still show up after the actual image has been removed/replaced.

i've never tested it myself, but in my understanding, this cache will be refreshed every 24 hours.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:first, the cd-art images need to be square.
but, what's most likely your issue, is that your tv/monitor is not using a 16:9 aspect-ratio.

the skin is coded in 720p, so running it at anything other than 16:9 will result in stretched images in certain places.

My monitor is using a 16x9 ratio, and the cd images are 'square'.

The images I'm using were taken from this site below.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=cf8144e52...57618!5302

It doesn't seem to matter which image is selected they are all displayed smaller compared to the original placeholder image within the covers.

I had manually created a disc image using gimp and set the scale to 500 x 500 and this displayed perfectly, so it made me wonder if the images can only downscale.. but not upscale to suit.

could you post a screenshot of a disc-image not filling up the available space?
ronie Wrote:could you post a screenshot of a disc-image not filling up the available space?

Sure, here you go.

just tested it with a 128x128 image and it shows up fine.

are your images properly cropped?
there should be no empty space around the disc.
ronie Wrote:just tested it with a 128x128 image and it shows up fine.

are your images properly cropped?
there should be no empty space around the disc.

*hangs head in shame* umm just discovered a transparent area is responsible for the problem I'm having.

Apologies I should have realized that sooner.

I'm going through and re-cropping my images now.

Then I just have to wait for this 24 hour cache to sort itself out.

Thanks for looking at this for me.

I would have thought deleting your Textures.db would sort the cache problem ?

Edit: Yeah just tested it delete your Textures.db and your disc images will update
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:I would have thought deleting your Textures.db would sort the cache problem ?

Edit: Yeah just tested it delete your Textures.db and your disc images will update

Awesome, thanks for the heads up on that, worked great. Now the file I had cropped earlier is displaying correctly. I'll go through and edit the rest of them over time. then create the ones that are missing from my collection.

Does anyone know of a movie dics.png repo that I can contribute to and leech from?

All the ones I've seen so far are for music art, with the exception of the source I found earlier which requires editing before it's useable.

At the moment there is not, though Kode @ fanart.tv mentioned if there was enough interest he would support it(by interest I think he means people willing to create and moderate the artwork, not just use it Smile ) Heck, if there is enough interest, I could even add the feature to my script(cdART Manager, cdART One-Shot), shouldn't be too hard since an IMDB number is already available to scrape from(and movies are so much easier to retrieve the paths)

Check this message thread out http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87577 the talk about supporting Movies starts at message 521(last message on the 52nd page)
Thanks giftie,

I've had a read of that thread, doesn't appear to be very much interest in disc art for movies, perhaps this is due to the limited skin support?, maybe it will pick up if other skins add the support for the movie disc art.

After looking over fanart.tv I've also decided to make use of the cdart template to give me consistency across all the disc.png files so I've just deleted all the disc.png files that would have required me to re-crop and I'll create the files I have in my library from scratch.

Once I'm done I'd be more than happy to share my efforts if anyone wants to make them available to others.

Here is a test I just threw together using the template for the movie 127 hours

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dimensions for disc.png0