• 105(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
(2012-12-21, 15:35)>>X<< Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 05:37)deh2k7 Wrote: X - I don't quite follow what you meant. Are you saying I needed to install ffdshow or MPC and add their files into my DSPlayer/XBMC? I don't recall having had to do that previously. does FFDShow and MPC deliver their own EVR.dll? I was seeing an error in the XBMC log indicating that it was unable to find evr.dll, and a few web searches led me to realize that I might need to have WMP to get that dll. Is there a different/better EVR to use?

I do have my filtersconfig and mediasconfig in my <userprofile>Roaming\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer folder and it's picking my modifications up. IIRC (and it's been a while) I never had to add codecs themselves to my XBMC directories, only made sure they were installed on Windows and make sure they are properly declared in filtersconfig and referenced in mediasconfig. I use LAV filters - and I know XBMC is picking them because it is displaying them when I showed the codec info.

In any case, I'm getting playback now and everything seems to be working well, except for Brave, which is running fast and stuttering with lots of audio dropout. I have seen behavior similar to this in the past with some HD files, but usually an update to LAV fixed it. I'm using the most current LAV filters available now. Can anyone with a directly BRD rip of Brave confirm if they are having any issues?

I'll try and explain better but as your using LAV then its not going to really apply to you.

You can either have filters\codecs installed and registered on your system which you have (LAV) or you can drop filters\codecs in \system\players\dsplayer, older builds already had a number of filters\codecs pre installed so it would run regardless using the default setup.

If you had come from an old setup and your configs where using any of the filters previously found in \system\players\dsplayer it wouldn't have worked as they are no longer included in these builds.

Ah OK, I follow now, I went back and looked, and noticed the codecs themselves in the base install and see what you are talking about. Thanks for the help, this is good information.
steelman1991 dateline=
As for Brave - no problems with playback - but might be worth checking your rip - it isn't a DD+ title AFAIA, but a TrueHD audio stream. I can't recall many DD+ since the death of HD DVD.
[/quote' Wrote:
[quote='steelman1991' pid='1272520' dateline=
As for Brave - no problems with playback - but might be worth checking your rip - it isn't a DD+ title AFAIA, but a TrueHD audio stream. I can't recall many DD+ since the death of HD DVD.

Thanks Steel - I ripped this twice, but it wouldn't be the first time that I had a problematic rip. I'll go back to the source and doublecheck it.
Ok, i wanna jump into this..
What i would like is mpc-hc with lav filters and bitstream hd-audio but keep the gui from xbmc when paused...
How do i start? (Frodo rc2)
This topic has lots of information i see, but i dunno what to follow nowadays...
That's not possible.
U can either start MPC-HC from xbmc (xbmc will minimize and mpc-hc will expand, losing this way the xbmc gui), or just configure LAV filters in XBMC DsPlayer (that it is really the same than configuring them in mpc-hc), and this way u will not lose the XBMC gui.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2012-12-26, 00:02)vicmanpergar Wrote: That's not possible.
U can either start MPC-HC from xbmc (xbmc will minimize and mpc-hc will expand, losing this way the xbmc gui), or just configure LAV filters in XBMC DsPlayer (that it is really the same than configuring them in mpc-hc), and this way u will not lose the XBMC gui.

Lol so it is possible?
Is there a guide to do this?
Why do i wantit? Cause the internalplayer has many bugs gor me,which i dont have with mpchc, so i hope this dsplayer wont have it either
The installer based on the latest code from git.avmedia.su:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnh72m8zp65mixy
(Frodo 12.0 RC2 + DSPlayer)
(2012-12-26, 12:28)Roman_V_M Wrote: The installer based on the latest code from git.avmedia.su:

Thx, i just install and it has lav filters?

(2012-12-26, 14:32)Skank Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 12:28)Roman_V_M Wrote: The installer based on the latest code from git.avmedia.su:

Thx, i just install and it has lav filters?

No, it does not. I've decided not to include any filters in installers I create, because DSPlayer can now work "Windows Media Player style" with existing system filters (in case you don't want to bother with xml configs), and advanced users have their own filter configs.
The simplest way is to install LAV filters without splitter + AVSplitter and enable "Use system filters (direct show merits)" option in DSPlayer settings. Or read the Wiki article mentioned in 1-st message of this topic on how to create your own filter configuration.
There's plenty information on this thread on how to configure the filters for DSPlayer.... Search for alexrose1uk posts, for example.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Am I correct in assuming that madVR filters still does not work with DSPlayer?

Thanks.
(2012-12-27, 03:36)phunqe Wrote: Am I correct in assuming that madVR filters still does not work with DSPlayer?

Thanks.

AFAIK yes you are right

Could somebody please please help me?

I am trying to set up XBMC with DSPlayer and SportsDevil to watch SopCast streams 'seamlessly', mostly via the Wiziwig.tv catcher. I have tried this on 2 laptops, one a Windows 7 x86 machine and one WindowsXP.

My steps on both machines were as follows:

1. Install latest version of SopFilter (v3.0.3)
2. Use GraphStudioNext v0.5.0.1 to get GUID of SopFilter (registered as "SopCast ASF Splitter" / p2pfilter.dll).
3. Install XBMC DSPlayer. I have tried two different builds, both Eden, and both found in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106629. I tried the build listed in the first post and also one called XBMCSetup-20120601-143a845-dx.exe. In both builds DSPlayer is the default player.
4. Install SportsDevil from MaxMustermann repo (found through fusion).
5. Create userdata\dsplayer\filterconfig.xml to register the SopFilter using its GUID:

<filtersconfig>
<filters>
<filter name="sopfilter" type="splitter">
<guid>{A895A82C-7335-4D6B-A811-82E9E3C4403E}</guid>
<osdname>SopFilter</osdname>
</filter>
</filters>
</filtersconfig>

6. Create userdata\dsplayer\mediasconfig.xml to point DSPlayer to the SopFilter when encountering a sop:// url:

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule protocols="sop" filetypes=".*">
<source filter="sopfilter" />
<splitter filter="sopfilter" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" /> </rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

I get a couple different errors but mostly related to the SopFilter not loading as a source or generating an exception. When I use WMP to load the sop:// links, it works fine. Here are debug logs:

For the Win7 machine: http://pastebin.com/Nnnas9Sh
154.18:32:02 T:2124 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
155.18:32:02 T:2124 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
156.18:32:02 T:2124 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
157.18:32:02 T:2124 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
158.18:32:02 T:2124 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
159.18:32:02 T:2124 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
160.18:32:02 T:2124 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "SopFilter" to the graph
161.18:32:02 T:2124 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter An exception has been thrown by the codec...
162.18:32:02 T:2124 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
163.18:32:02 T:2124 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules

For the WinXP machine: http://pastebin.com/HLtHsema
859.16:38:14 T:1288 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: adding filter: sopfilter for rule: un-named
860.16:38:14 T:1288 DEBUG: CFGFilterFile::Create Successfully loaded external filter (clsid:{A895A82C-7335-4D6B-A811-82E9E3C4403E} path:C:\Program Files\P2PFilter\p2pfilter.dll)
861.16:38:14 T:1288 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "SopFilter" to the graph
862.16:38:14 T:1288 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
863.16:38:14 T:1288 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
864.16:38:14 T:1288 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules

I strongly suspect that I've done something wrong in either or both of the xml config files, but I'm not experienced with XML so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
2 cfcsteve

Currently DSPlayer does not support network streams of any kind. Period.
In fact, in the recent build I've compiled I've set some most popular streaming formats to DVDplayer to avoid problems.
Can somebody explain all the option under DSPlayer settings please?
A huge thank you to Eduard K. for continuing work on DSPlayer and to Roman_V_M for releasing these builds! I have the latest installed with SVP and its fantastic.
(2012-12-21, 16:49)deh2k7 Wrote: [quote='steelman1991' pid='1272520' dateline=

steelman1991 dateline=
[/quote' Wrote:
Thanks Steel - I ripped this twice, but it wouldn't be the first time that I had a problematic rip. I'll go back to the source and doublecheck it.

Steel - can I ask what your config is? I'm still having issues with Brave, and it seems to be the only movie I have this problem with. I did verify that it's a TrueHD 7.1 rip. I went back and re-ripped my disc again. I use DVDFab. I'm still getting stuttering and dropouts on playback. I use the latest LAV filters (as of about 2 weeks ago) and have DSPLayer configured and happily using LAV for everything.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13