• 61(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
tiben20 Wrote:its not a priority to fix this

How about smooth playback with VMR9 on WinXP?

:-)

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow Wrote:How about smooth playback with VMR9 on WinXP?

:-)

Cheers
The REAL Joe
im not using winxp anymore but i can give it a try. I just want to fix many problems coming from the compilation with visual studio
does this work with madvr? and does it allow you to launch the movie and still use the xbmc android remote?
robl45 Wrote:does this work with madvr? and does it allow you to launch the movie and still use the xbmc android remote?

No. Yes!
boingman Wrote:But as I see it those subtitle issues aren't DSPlayer exclusive but also concern the "normal" XBMC releases, right? I'll have to test those files myelf.
No, XBMC standard player have a different subtitle engine, they have updated recently (around september), and all files play perfectly fine with it. It can be used as a reference to see how subtitles should be displayed.
boingman Wrote:T
If you're going back to bambi73's DVDPlayer version with hi10 support...

"Problem" with bambi73' version is that apparently the multi-threading in the ffdshow is not working. So, i also have frame drop on high 10bits bitrate 1080p files with standard xbmc player, but not with mpc-hc started from xbmc, because it uses the "true" ffdshow installed (and so mt is working), and it also should be the same for DSPlayer. So, i'm not surprised by this behavior.
so madvr doesn't work with this, but reclock i assume will work with this?
robl45 Wrote:so madvr doesn't work with this, but reclock i assume will work with this?
yes, it does. You select it under Settings\Videos\DSPlayer.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
i added my to do list in the first post of this thread
TomislavV Wrote:I know i'm a bit boring, but does anyone alse experiance subtitles not following video when ffwd problem? They seem to not speed up. When i hit play again, everything is ok, they are synced.

In my case the subtitles stay synched, when forwarding at 2x speed.

jpsdr Wrote:No, XBMC standard player have a different subtitle engine, they have updated recently (around september), and all files play perfectly fine with it. It can be used as a reference to see how subtitles should be displayed.
Oh ok, will have to recheck the hi10 thread where you already talked about it in detail.
Anyways, I checked the OP of the Black Lagoon OVA's and while the DVDPlayer subs are indeed fine with the correct font, I don't see any subs at all when using DSPlayer. Sad
Hopefully, it won't be too long until a similiar up to date engine can be integrated in DSPlayer.

jpsdr Wrote:"Problem" with bambi73' version is that apparently the multi-threading in the ffdshow is not working. So, i also have frame drop on high 10bits bitrate 1080p files with standard xbmc player, but not with mpc-hc started from xbmc, because it uses the "true" ffdshow installed (and so mt is working), and it also should be the same for DSPlayer. So, i'm not surprised by this behavior.
That explains it. I assumed that one core should even be enough for high bitrate files when using a fairly new CPU, but guess I was wrong.
tiben20 Wrote:i added my to do list in the first post of this thread

Hey tiben,

Could you add the osd audio sync option to the list?

Thanks! Wink
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey tiben,

Could you add the osd audio sync option to the list?

Thanks! Wink
i will try to add it but the way mpc-hc does it its with adding a filter to the graph. This filter does the delay
tiben20 Wrote:i will try to add it but the way mpc-hc does it its with adding a filter to the graph. This filter does the delay

Ah, i see. Ok, do what you can.

Cheers
Hi,

I just installed the latest (Jan 1) Dsplayer and also FFDshow (X86) on a Win7 32Bit clean Win 7. I tries out a few streams to get out the results for smooth playback. Most streams works perfecty with the dsplayer (Thanks a lot to all developpers :-) ) I just have 2 cases that cause problems. Perhaps someone can help me with that

1) ISO Files: I'm not sure about if DSPlayer can play it. As I can see it automatically switches to the DVDplayer and then plays without problems. Is there any knows config that plays ISO files also with dsplayer? Would be nice because then HD Audio also with ISO would be possible :-)

2) I have lots of BD Folders that contain the full BD Structure of a Disc. When try to play the Folder (by using the hotkey p) then there's an error (see screenshot). Image

So I added the format and it looks like that:

<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|bdmv|mpls">
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
</rule>
but it still does not play. When navigating to the m2ts Stream than it works perfectly. I know you can make a mkv of that, for me me no problem, for the rest of the family not possible.

Thanks and Regards

Alex
tiben20 Wrote:im not using winxp anymore but i can give it a try. I just want to fix many problems coming from the compilation with visual studio

Thanks Tiben - I think this is an important priority if you want to get DSPlayer merged with the trunk, as there are probably still a lot of people who use WinXP and fixing VMR9 to get rid of the jerkiness and periodic glitches would assure best compatibility.

All the best
The REAL Joe
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13