• 71(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
stevos Wrote:Hi,

A little off topic maybe.

Upto today DSPlayer build has worked fine for my bluray rips but not my dvd rips (tv series)

I was playing with the meta data for my movies to try and improve things and now my blurays don't work either.

When i hit a movie, it just flashes and does nothing.

Any ideas?

I am guessing it is thinking the rips aren't 1080p or wrong codec or something.

If you turn on debug logging (Settings -> System -> Debugging) and then take a look at xbmc.log you can see where the filter chain is failing to find out why your file isnt playing.
jpsdr Wrote:As i said, subtitles engine of dvdplayer has been greatly updated around september, these posts are around april. These issues (at least it was the case with Fractale) where caused by the use of a specific ASS feature, almost never used, the Field1 Layer with a value different of 0. It's solved now, and ending of Fractale is displayed perfectly fine, and probably all other exemples in the post.
IIRC I mentioned it in some other thread and also informed ZERO at that time, but looks like I forgot to post about it in my thread.
Anyways, in my case the problems with kara effects and multi layered subtitles via DVDPlayer have been gone since July, actually.
I don't know what kind of improvements the XBMC team did on the subtitles engine, but I wonder how difficult it would be to implement them in DSPlayer.
Where does it save the log file?

I did a search for xbmc.log and it came up blank
This the part of the log if it means anything to anyone

13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: CDSGraph::SetFile Successfully added XBMC to the Running Object Table
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Defin" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "Default DirectSound Device" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "Default WaveOut Device" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "DirectSound: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "Realtek Digital Output(Optical)" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
13:17:55 T:1900 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Loaded audio renderer list. Elapsed time: 9.75ms
13:17:55 T:1900 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Loaded audio renderer from registry. Elapsed time: 0.25ms
13:17:55 T:1900 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Added audio renderer to the graph. Elapsed time: 0.01ms
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
13:17:55 T:1900 INFO: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Loading audio renderer. Elapsed time: 10.19ms
13:17:55 T:1264 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: CFGFilterVideoRenderer::Create Allocator presenter successfully created
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: CFGLoader::InsertVideoRenderer Allocator presenter successfully added to the graph (Renderer: Enhanced Video Renderer)
13:17:55 T:1900 INFO: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Loading video renderer. Elapsed time: 174.39ms
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: adding filter: mkvsource for rule: un-named
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: CFGFilterFile::Create Successfully loaded external filter (clsid:{0A68C3B5-9164-4A54-AFAF-995B2FF0E0D4} path:C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\MatroskaSplitter.ax)
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "MKV Source" to the graph
13:17:55 T:1900 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
13:17:55 T:1900 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
13:17:55 T:1900 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
13:17:55 T:1900 INFO: CDSGraph::SetFile Rendering file. Elapsed time: 187.70ms
13:17:55 T:1900 INFO: CDSPlayer::OnStartup Loading file. Elapsed time: 196.27ms
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: Thread CDSPlayer 1900 terminating
13:17:55 T:1264 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnStop from xbmc
13:17:55 T:1264 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnStop
Question 
Hi guys

Was wondering if someone could help me.

I have install the 5/1/12 build on my C:drive in potable mode, did this but just putting the -p in the shortcut, I Decided to use portable mode because I didn't want to merge this with my other installed copy of XBMC, which is work perfectly, ( just not HD Audio Sad ) I have configured it with this how to DSPlayer with LAV Filters setup guide by alexrose1uk and my movies seem to be working OK,

My problem is when I try to update my data base I keep getting "unable to connect to remote server" so thought I would try a different scrapper, but when I tried to install it would not down, I seem like I was not connected to the internet so I check with a browser and all seem OK on that score.

Is there any special requirements to running in Portable mode.

Also so will DSPlayer play ISO's yet ?

Here is my log http://pastebin.com/tcFG02AY

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
m0v1em4n Wrote:My problem is when I try to update my data base I keep getting "unable to connect to remote server" so thought I would try a different scrapper, but when I tried to install it would not down, I seem like I was not connected to the internet so I check with a browser and all seem OK on that score.

0wing Wrote:1. Read the manual.

2. It's an XBMC bug, you need to install the youtube video addon.

It looks like you just need to install that addon and you should be all set.
jason28 Wrote:It looks like you just need to install that addon and you should be all set.

Thanks for your reply

Can this be install via zip, tried it by the normal way and got no joy

Could you point me in the right direction for the you tube zip

Its OK got it, for anyone else wanting it get it from here
stevos Wrote:This the part of the log if it means anything to anyone

<snip>

13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: adding filter: mkvsource for rule: un-named
13:17:55 T:1900 DEBUG: CFGFilterFile::Create Successfully loaded external filter (clsid:{0A68C3B5-9164-4A54-AFAF-995B2FF0E0D4} path:C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\MatroskaSplitter.ax)
13:17:55 T:1900 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "MKV Source" to the graph
13:17:55 T:1900 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
13:17:55 T:1900 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
13:17:55 T:1900 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules

<snip>

What type of file are you playing ? If it's a bluray rip, I'm guessing an m2ts file (?).

Probably worth pasting your mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml (under <xbmc folder>\system\players\dsplayer). For example, to play m2ts and mkv, I have:

Quote:mediasconfig.xml

<rule filetypes="m2ts">
<source filter="mpegsource" />
<splitter filter="mpegsplitter" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
</video>
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi guys

Was wondering if someone could help me.

I have install the 5/1/12 build on my C:drive in potable mode, did this but just putting the -p in the shortcut, I Decided to use portable mode because I didn't want to merge this with my other installed copy of XBMC, which is work perfectly, ( just not HD Audio Sad ) I have configured it with this how to DSPlayer with LAV Filters setup guide by alexrose1uk and my movies seem to be working OK,

My problem is when I try to update my data base I keep getting "unable to connect to remote server" so thought I would try a different scrapper, but when I tried to install it would not down, I seem like I was not connected to the internet so I check with a browser and all seem OK on that score.

Is there any special requirements to running in Portable mode.

Also so will DSPlayer play ISO's yet ?

Here is my log http://pastebin.com/tcFG02AY

jason28 Wrote:Originally Posted by 0wing
1. Read the manual.

2. It's an XBMC bug, you need to install the youtube video addon.
It looks like you just need to install that addon and you should be all set.

Hi Guys,

Well I am afraid that did not work, is this a problem with this DSPlayer build or just because I am running it it portable mode?

**** update****

well I installed the latest build over the last one and tried installing the you tube plugin again and this time it seem to have sorted things out Big Grin

Still would like confirmation on ISO's
fezster Wrote:What type of file are you playing ? If it's a bluray rip, I'm guessing an m2ts file (?).

Probably worth pasting your mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml (under <xbmc folder>\system\players\dsplayer). For example, to play m2ts and mkv, I have:

All my rips are MKV files and i have tired multiple ones, both hddvd and bluray rips are currently not working but were working a day or so ago

I haven't added any custom filters, so the 2 files you state should be as standard

I tried uninstalling xbmc plus its userdata files but that didn't fix it either.
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

Well I am afraid that did not work, is this a problem with this DSPlayer build or just because I am running it it portable mode?

I've seen mention of the youtube addon bug, not sure exactly what the probem there is.

But my own experience has been that the default movie scraper (TheMovieDB) always says "unable to connect to remote server". I have the youtube addon installed. I've always had to install the IMDB scraper and specifically select that when configuring the content for my movie folders. I'd suggest trying that.

** Edit **

Hmm, scrap that - I just tried TheMovieDB scraper now, and it does work. Possibly an intermittent issue. Though I have seen the Unable to connect message many times when using it.
I should add that the latest version constantly crashes, so i went back to the one before that, which was working fine.
Guess I am not the only one then, since I mentioned the same two pages ago.
robl45 Wrote:when i use reclock with this, it shows in stats for evr that my refresh rate is like 50hz when the refresh rate is 24hz. if i disable reclock, evr shows correct refresh rate. all works fine in standard mpc-hc. any ideas on how I can fix this?

any ideas on this, would really like to be able to use this as it seems the only way i'm going to be able to watch 24p video in xbmc cleanly with sync to display only working when it feels like it.

but the only way i've ever gotten perfect video is with reclock
jpsdr Wrote:As i said, subtitles engine of dvdplayer has been greatly updated around september, these posts are around april. These issues (at least it was the case with Fractale) where caused by the use of a specific ASS feature, almost never used, the Field1 Layer with a value different of 0. It's solved now, and ending of Fractale is displayed perfectly fine, and probably all other exemples in the post.

I think your HW is probably powerfull enough. An i7@870 is powerfull enough to display h264 10bits 1080p with ASS with high feature, but... Only in case of good multi-threaded decoding.
Maybe if you have a link of a file wich you have issue with dvdplayer, i can test it.

I see, however the issues I am having now are not from dvd player they are from dsplayer. I am just saying that they are the same issues that dvdplayer used to have.

On another note with the latest build I still get the subs vanishing and crashing. I notice it will occur more often if you pause the video. It will not disappear or crash after unpausing but just some time later in the video.

Unfortunately even if lets say dvdplayer can play subs fine now it does not matter b/c dvdplayer can not play 10bit files. I do find it funny that they fix a problem that basically only occurred when watching anime but then after that decide that they will not let you watch 10bit which all the groups that used such subtitles now use for their videos. Basically rendering the fact that dvd could play those subs useless.

Regardless lets put the issue of the subs sometimes not displaying correctly in dsplayer aside. Dsplayer STILL CRASHES on many files with subtitles. This is a bug and needs to be fixed.

Latest build appears to crash even more than the previous build and now had introduced an issue where it can crash when you first go to play a video.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13