• 73(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
robl45 Wrote:any ideas on this, would really like to be able to use this as it seems the only way i'm going to be able to watch 24p video in xbmc cleanly with sync to display only working when it feels like it.

but the only way i've ever gotten perfect video is with reclock

am I the only one trying to use reclock with this?
vicmanpergar Wrote:This is the one i use and as far no problems at all. I must say though, i don't use HD bitstreaming, just AC3 and DTS.

<rule filetypes="mkv|m2ts">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />

Ok, thanks man this works great (with bit streaming). For some reason I did not used LAV for source and everthing else because sometimes it gave me black screen with playback going. However when you play anything else and then play m2ts file everthing works great. It's not a problem for me, just did not know that starting some other non m2ts file first resolves it.

fezster Wrote:I posted mine here, and works brilliantly for me:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=996...count=1058

I tried your set but unfortunately it gave me same problems with subtitle language switching.

So, I figured out that using LAV splitter for source is a must.
To avoid black screen when the first file I play after starting xbmc is m2ts is NOT to use LAV video decoder.
Audio bit streaming works great with lav and ffdaudio which I already new.

So I finished with these settings and everything works great:

<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />

So thanks again guys!
Glad u made up all smooth and running, though, that m2ts issue doesn't happen to me, sounds weird that u need to play any other thing first.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
azaze1 Wrote:Having both is nice, but I think most people using DSplayer are the bleeding edge type who would otherwise be following the nightlies.

My opinion - bleeding edge is a subjective term. I think it's appropriate to build DSPlayer with nightlies late in the version dev. cycle as is being done now, because pre-Eden has been locked in terms of new/improved features for some time, and is in final cleanup, and therefore the nightlies are relatively stable.

However, once Eden is released and a new development cycle starts, and for probably several long months after that, as database redesign takes place, new features are developed, implemented, and debugged, the main code is going to be very unstable, with *many* broken features and aspects.

Again IMO, trying to continue to develop DSPlayer on top of that "flag flapping in the wind" is probably going to end in frustration for both users and developers, because when something doesn't work, you won't know if it was DSPlayer or the new dev. trunk that's b0rked. And what was working perfectly yesterday, and should be even better today because of DSPlayer improvements may regress to not working because of main trunk changes.

I would suggest that once Eden is released, that the official release code be the base of what DSPlayer is built on for at least the next 6 to 8 months, until the new nightlies are generally locked in new features again, and proven to be relatively stable again.

Just my $0.02

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Thumbs Up 
therealjoeblow Wrote:My opinion - bleeding edge is a subjective term. I think it's appropriate to build DSPlayer with nightlies late in the version dev. cycle as is being done now, because pre-Eden has been locked in terms of new/improved features for some time, and is in final cleanup, and therefore the nightlies are relatively stable.

However, once Eden is released and a new development cycle starts, and for probably several long months after that, as database redesign takes place, new features are developed, implemented, and debugged, the main code is going to be very unstable, with *many* broken features and aspects.

Again IMO, trying to continue to develop DSPlayer on top of that "flag flapping in the wind" is probably going to end in frustration for both users and developers, because when something doesn't work, you won't know if it was DSPlayer or the new dev. trunk that's b0rked. And what was working perfectly yesterday, and should be even better today because of DSPlayer improvements may regress to not working because of main trunk changes.

I would suggest that once Eden is released, that the official release code be the base of what DSPlayer is built on for at least the next 6 to 8 months, until the new nightlies are generally locked in new features again, and proven to be relatively stable again.

Just my $0.02

Cheers
The REAL Joe

+1 for what Joe said. I think he has a good point!
therealjoeblow Wrote:My opinion - bleeding edge is a subjective term.

<snip>

Just my $0.02

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Makes complete sense mate.
robl45 Wrote:am I the only one trying to use reclock with this?

I managed to get mine working with reclock, but dont use it day to day. What do you need to know ?
robl45 Wrote:am I the only one trying to use reclock with this?

I am using reclock, and it works perfectly fine in DSplayer. I suppose make sure that xbmc is listed in the advanced tab for players allowed to engage reclock....

Also, make sure if you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7 that Aero is running. You canNOT disable Aero if you want Vsync, windows needs it for some reason.
HTPC Arctic MC101 -- A10 - 160GB ssd || HD-PLEX H.5 - Core i3 2100 - AMD 6450 - 64GB ssd
Equipment 70" Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD -- Onkyo TX-NR5008 -- Emotiva XPA-3 -- PS3 Slim 160GB
Speakers Paradigm Studio 100 v5 -- Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 -- Paradigm Studio Sub12 -- Paradigm Millenia ADP (surround and surround back)
MISC Standout Designs Haven 82 stand
azaze1 Wrote:I am using reclock, and it works perfectly fine in DSplayer. I suppose make sure that xbmc is listed in the advanced tab for players allowed to engage reclock....

Also, make sure if you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7 that Aero is running. You canNOT disable Aero if you want Vsync, windows needs it for some reason.

I get it to load and run fine, the problem is it doubles the refresh rate, so evr stats show frame rate of 23.976 and in the evr stats for refresh rate it shows 49 point something hz which obviously isn't correct. it doesn't do this when I run it with mpc-hc and my refresh rate is definately at 23.97542 which is the best my nvidia card will do.

also, if i leave aero running, the thing glitches all over the place.
Hi Guys,

ok I have put this Playercorefactory in the appropriate place

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms" player="DVDPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

and my apple trailer stream ok now, but I also need to have the playercorefactory below in there as well in order to play my 3D iso's via an external player

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Playiso" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\steves-htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" player="Playiso">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory

My attempt below now does not stream trailer nor does it load the external player to play iso's, can anyone help

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Playiso" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" player="Playiso">
</rule>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Am I right to had them together, any help would be appreciated

Thanks
robl45 Wrote:I get it to load and run fine, the problem is it doubles the refresh rate, so evr stats show frame rate of 23.976 and in the evr stats for refresh rate it shows 49 point something hz which obviously isn't correct. it doesn't do this when I run it with mpc-hc and my refresh rate is definately at 23.97542 which is the best my nvidia card will do.

also, if i leave aero running, the thing glitches all over the place.

okay, so I did some testing right now, no matter what, reclock is locking on and saying i'm at 60hz even if i'm at 75hz, this is with directdraw or d3d to determine refresh rate in reclock.

I opened up mpc-hc and reclock read the refresh correctly as 75hz. go back into dsplayer and reclock is reading 60hz when i'm set at 75hz. it seems this is something with the implementation of dsplayer? anyone have any ideas I could try?
ArieS Wrote:I deleted my LAV install and reinstalled it. I now have the LAV folder in the startup and selected the audio codecs as I want to bitstream to my Receiver.
It works fine in MPC-HC...
I reinstalled the current version of DSPlayer and all alex's .xmls. It's still not working.
I quoted myself just so you guys know what I'm talking about...
I was going to export my library and I realized to my surprise (Smile) there's a DSPlayer menu under settings :o
I changed Audio Renderer to: Realtek HDMI Output (2-ATI HDMI) and now I'm able to use DSPlayer only for my mkvs encoded with TrueHD.
PCM and DTS-HD I get no sound.
I now know LAV is not the problem because I tried with the filters ffd audio, ffd video and haali splitter and I have the same issue. Actually using the LAV filters and trying to play a DTS-HD mkv I see the display on my AVR keeps flickering between Stereo and DTS-HD and I have no sound.

So what do you guys have your Audio Renderer as in the DSPlayer menu?
It's got to be my problem...:confused2:
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
ArieS Wrote:I quoted myself just so you guys know what I'm talking about...
I was going to export my library and I realized to my surprise (Smile) there's a DSPlayer menu under settings :o
I changed Audio Renderer to: Realtek HDMI Output (2-ATI HDMI) and now I'm able to use DSPlayer only for my mkvs encoded with TrueHD.
PCM and DTS-HD I get no sound.
I now know LAV is not the problem because I tried with the filters ffd audio, ffd video and haali splitter and I have the same issue. Actually using the LAV filters and trying to play a DTS-HD mkv I see the display on my AVR keeps flickering between Stereo and DTS-HD and I have no sound.

So what do you guys have your Audio Renderer as in the DSPlayer menu?
It's got to be my problem...:confused2:

You should use the renderer that has "Directsound: [xxxx]" prefixed.

Also, do you use the "native" AMD driver for your GPU or the "custom" drivers from Realtek?
therealjoeblow Wrote:My opinion - bleeding edge is a subjective term. I think it's appropriate to build DSPlayer with nightlies late in the version dev. cycle as is being done now, because pre-Eden has been locked in terms of new/improved features for some time, and is in final cleanup, and therefore the nightlies are relatively stable.

Just my $0.02

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Yes this is exactly what I was hoping for. Big Grin
Quite a few reporting that the latest version crashes. I have NOT tried it because the one I am using works quite well, except that there is no resume for DSplayer. Anyone have a chance to sort out why it is crashing yet and provide a fix? 0wing? Thanks

Mark
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13