• 75(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
Does anyone know if Eden includes HD audio natively?

If not, is there a stable Linux version with HD audio?

I'm using an older build of the version in this thread, but I really don't like maintaining the Windows instances, and would prefer to go back to Ubuntu (or other Linux flavor).

I'd even be okay with a Mac Mini, if I could get native resolution and full HD audio.

But I have to have HD audio.

Thanks in advance!
Eden doesnt include HD audio out the box, DSPlayer or an external player are the only ways to do it right now AFAIK.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
fezster Wrote:Which mkv splitter are you using ? Probably worth posting your mediasconfig.xml. Have you ever installed haali or matroska splitter (or another codec pack) - Im wondering if the splitter you are using or have registered is causing this.

Yes I have tried others. About 30 pages back you can see all my trials with LAV. Nobody could ever get it to work for me, went back to FFdshow. I will post current mediasconfig.xml when I get back from my trip early next week.

I gather from your questions that you don't have this "search" problem.

Thanks again for your Help.

Mark
latest master must have new DB format or new logic to define movie sets. I updated to the new build 0wing provided and all my movie sets are now individuals alongside the rest of the Library.

Given this is not official yet... is there any instructions on converting XML output to provide movie sets with the new changes?

EDIT: It looks like it's aware of the movie sets still, but the sets aren't being represented by a single item in the main movie list, all separate items. I say it's still recognizing the sets because it's preserving the order of the titles defined by 'sorttitle' within each set, so I have Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and then movies that begin with a C after Dark Knight. Similar behavior with Die hard series where Live Free or Die Hard is listed in the 'D' section rather than L.
HTPC Arctic MC101 -- A10 - 160GB ssd || HD-PLEX H.5 - Core i3 2100 - AMD 6450 - 64GB ssd
Equipment 70" Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD -- Onkyo TX-NR5008 -- Emotiva XPA-3 -- PS3 Slim 160GB
Speakers Paradigm Studio 100 v5 -- Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 -- Paradigm Studio Sub12 -- Paradigm Millenia ADP (surround and surround back)
MISC Standout Designs Haven 82 stand
acemt Wrote:I gather from your questions that you don't have this "search" problem.

Mark

That's right. In fact, aside from the odd restart required (which I can do from the remote), it's all pretty stable for me.

AbMagFab Wrote:Does anyone know if Eden includes HD audio natively?

There is an AudioEngine build being developed by gnif, which you can find on another thread. I've not used the latest build, but I hear it's coming along nicely.

I wouldn't say there's anything to "maintain" codec wise with dsplayer. After the initial config, you can just leave as is.
azaze1 Wrote:latest master must have new DB format or new logic to define movie sets. I updated to the new build 0wing provided and all my movie sets are now individuals alongside the rest of the Library.

Given this is not official yet... is there any instructions on converting XML output to provide movie sets with the new changes?

EDIT: It looks like it's aware of the movie sets still, but the sets aren't being represented by a single item in the main movie list, all separate items. I say it's still recognizing the sets because it's preserving the order of the titles defined by 'sorttitle' within each set, so I have Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and then movies that begin with a C after Dark Knight. Similar behavior with Die hard series where Live Free or Die Hard is listed in the 'D' section rather than L.

It's not actually a new DB format. Despite announced "feature freeze", a new option has been added to Video Library settings that allows to enable or disable movie sets.
well i've had no luck with this, evr custom pres plays fine in mpc-hc, but through this, its jerky. I changed the alternative vsync to false and accurate vsync to true and still the lines are straight in the stats for a little bit and then you get glitches, i don't get that in normal mpc-hc.
Roman_V_M Wrote:It's not actually a new DB format. Despite announced "feature freeze", a new option has been added to Video Library settings that allows to enable or disable movie sets.

aha, well that was easy. Thanks
HTPC Arctic MC101 -- A10 - 160GB ssd || HD-PLEX H.5 - Core i3 2100 - AMD 6450 - 64GB ssd
Equipment 70" Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD -- Onkyo TX-NR5008 -- Emotiva XPA-3 -- PS3 Slim 160GB
Speakers Paradigm Studio 100 v5 -- Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 -- Paradigm Studio Sub12 -- Paradigm Millenia ADP (surround and surround back)
MISC Standout Designs Haven 82 stand
0wing Wrote:New build available: http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/

Just a plain boring merge Smile

Thanks.
Looking good and more stable than the last update. No crashes so far on my Win7 system.
Though I sometimes experience some slowdowns on high bitrate files when XBMC idled around for some time before playing them. In that case I have to restart Windows in order to get a "fresh" XBMC without said problems.

edit:

Oh, wait.

acemt Wrote:Thanks again. Will give it a go. Only other problem I have with DSPlayer is that when I try to scroll ahead in a movie, it starts over. Does your version fix this? That's now my biggest peeve.

Cheers,

Mark

In my case, XBMC crashes. I still hear audio, but the screen freezes.
Will go back to the previous version to see if it's any different in that regard.
alexrose1uk Wrote:Eden doesnt include HD audio out the box, DSPlayer or an external player are the only ways to do it right now AFAIK.

Not any more:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877

Eden patched with HD audio playback. Works quite well.
fezster Wrote:Which mkv splitter are you using ? Probably worth posting your mediasconfig.xml. Have you ever installed haali or matroska splitter (or another codec pack) - Im wondering if the splitter you are using or have registered is causing this.

Fezster - Here is mediasconfig.xml:

Maybe you can find something I am missing....Thanks

- <mediasconfig>
- <rules>
- <!-- DVD RULES
-->
- <!-- Iso still return a crash on this filter.
-->
- <rule filetypes="iso">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavfsplitter" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
</rule>
- <!-- If you want to play a dvd select the file /dvdfolder/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.ifo
-->
- <rule filetypes="ifo">
<source filter="dvdnavigator" />
<splitter filter="dvdnavigator" />
<video filter="mpeg2videodec" />
<audio filter="mpaaudiodec" />
</rule>
- <!-- END DVD RULES
-->
- <rule filetypes="avi|divx">
<source filter="avisource" />
<splitter filter="avisplitter" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="ogm">
<source filter="oggsource" />
<splitter filter="oggsplitter" />
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="flv">
<source filter="flvsource" />
<splitter filter="flvsplitter" />
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="mp4">
<source filter="mp4source" />
<splitter filter="mp4splitter" />
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="mov|m4v">
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="m2v">
<source filter="mpegsource" />
<splitter filter="mpegsplitter" />
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
- <!-- You can do like that to specifie a DXVA only filters.
If you want to use the same filter for DXVA and non DXVA media, just add
a single <video> line.
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
</video>
-->
- <!-- <extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>
-->
- <!-- Shaders example

Must starts with <shaders> and ends with </shaders>

Inside, specify your shader like that :
<shader id="x" dxva="true" videocodec="h264" audiocodec="mp3" ... />

x is the ID of the shader, declared in the /system/DSPlayer/Shaders/shaders.xml file

-->
- <!-- <shaders>
<shader id="7" />
</shaders>

-->
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="wmv">
<source filter="wmasfreader" />
<splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
<video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
<audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
</rule>
- <!-- You need Real Alternative in order to read real media files
-->
- <rule filetypes="rmvb">
<source filter="realsource" />
<splitter filter="realsplitter" />
<video filter="realvideodec" />
<audio filter="realaudiodec" />
</rule>
- <!-- New rule for preferred streaming source filter
-->
- <rule url="true" filetypes=".*">
<source filter="internal_ffmpegsource" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

UNDER USER/***/APPDATA/ROAMING I have this....

- <mediasconfig>
- <rules>
- <rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|bdmv|mkv">
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

I think maybe this is the problem....I switched this when I was trying to get LAV to work. Maybe this should be deletedHuh

Hopefully you haven't abandoned DSPlayer completely in favor of Daniela's patch..

Mark
Honestly, I feel XBMC suffers much more on the video playback capabilities rather than the placebo induced benefits of HD audio. Hence, I strongly hope DSPlayer development continues. You can get tangible and visible improvements to video quality through filters. Stuff that doesn't need a double blind test, being visible at 10' in any given moment. It might not be "faithful" to the original picture. But at least it gets you something.

HD Audio is nice to have, it's a "heck, why not" but I don't feel it's adding anything substantial (save for people doing straight rips of their BDs, but in that case you can always rip DTS core, almost always let's say, and True HD decoding is already in place).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
acemt Wrote:Fezster - Here is mediasconfig.xml:

Maybe you can find something I am missing....Thanks

- <mediasconfig>
- <rules>
- <!-- DVD RULES
-->
- <!-- Iso still return a crash on this filter.
-->
- <rule filetypes="iso">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavfsplitter" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
</rule>
- <!-- If you want to play a dvd select the file /dvdfolder/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.ifo
-->
- <rule filetypes="ifo">
<source filter="dvdnavigator" />
<splitter filter="dvdnavigator" />
<audio filter="mpaaudiodec" />
</rule>
- <!-- END DVD RULES
-->
- <rule filetypes="avi|divx">
<source filter="avisource" />
<splitter filter="avisplitter" />
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="ogm">
<source filter="oggsource" />
<splitter filter="oggsplitter" />
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="flv">
<source filter="flvsource" />
<splitter filter="flvsplitter" />
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="mp4">
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="mov|m4v">
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="m2v">
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
- <!-- You can do like that to specifie a DXVA only filters.
If you want to use the same filter for DXVA and non DXVA media, just add
a single <video> line.
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
</video>
-->
- <!-- <extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>
-->
- <!-- Shaders example

Must starts with <shaders> and ends with </shaders>

Inside, specify your shader like that :
<shader id="x" dxva="true" videocodec="h264" audiocodec="mp3" ... />

x is the ID of the shader, declared in the /system/DSPlayer/Shaders/shaders.xml file

-->
- <!-- <shaders>
<shader id="7" />
</shaders>

-->
</rule>
- <rule filetypes="wmv">
<source filter="wmasfreader" />
<splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
<video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
<audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
</rule>
- <!-- You need Real Alternative in order to read real media files
-->
- <rule filetypes="rmvb">
<source filter="realsource" />
<splitter filter="realsplitter" />
<video filter="realvideodec" />
<audio filter="realaudiodec" />
</rule>
- <!-- New rule for preferred streaming source filter
-->
- <rule url="true" filetypes=".*">
<source filter="internal_ffmpegsource" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

UNDER USER/***/APPDATA/ROAMING I have this....

- <mediasconfig>
- <rules>
- <rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|bdmv|mkv">
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

I think maybe this is the problem....I switched this when I was trying to get LAV to work. Maybe this should be deletedHuh

Hopefully you haven't abandoned DSPlayer completely in favor of Daniela's patch..

Mark
Firstly yes delete the mediasconfig file from your user file.

Secondly where do you have the other mediasconfig file placed. Whatever it looks to have incorrect formatting - a lot of dashes have been introduced which aren't there in the original files - see here

http://pastebin.com/enEcsfSe

I would be inclined to re=install a dsplayer build - delete any and all references to dsplayer in the user folder and attempt playback using the default settings - then and only then should you consider more advanced playback settings.
steelman1991 Wrote:Firstly yes delete the mediasconfig file from your user file.

Secondly where do you have the other mediasconfig file placed. Whatever it looks to have incorrect formatting - a lot of dashes have been introduced which aren't there in the original files - see here

http://pastebin.com/enEcsfSe

I would be inclined to re=install a dsplayer build - delete any and all references to dsplayer in the user folder and attempt playback using the default settings - then and only then should you consider more advanced playback settings.

Thanks Steelman,

I'll clean it up a little and see what happens. Yes, probably got messed up a little when you and I were trying to get LAV to work for me.

Mark
Just wanted to confirm is the issue of crashes due to subtitles still being worked on?
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13