• 112(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
(2013-01-26, 16:20)hlina Wrote: I am using recent Frodo/dsplayer builds from this threat, and I have one question: Is it possible to use PVR/Live-TV functionality with these builds? It doesn't seem to work on my machine; in the log file, I get the errors posted below.
I also tried adding
<rule internetstream="true" player="dvdplayer"/>
to playercorefactory.xml (found it a couple of post above), but this doesn't help. Is there a way to get PVR/Live-TV running? - Thanks!!

Never used PVR, but you could try if it work like this:

...\xbmc\portable_data\userdata\playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

use

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule protocols="pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Hi brotbuexe: Thanks - This works!!!

Follow-up question: Is there a way to deinterlace the picture??
(2013-01-26, 10:10)Skank Wrote:
(2013-01-25, 23:16)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-01-25, 21:22)Skank Wrote: Ontopic, any idea?

It seems that avsplitter cannot process DVD IFOs. You should try another splitter (honestly, I don't know which) or use XBMC's dvdplayer.

The latest build: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmdbaan5pelurme
based on this commit: http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...f6eb138e7b

Aha thx roman, any idea if in future it will support dvd ifo?
Does lav splitter support it?

Since avfilter cant do dvd ifo..
Is there a way to make use of the dvdplayer for all dvd ifo and for all internet streams...
?
Will support for dvd ifo come in avsplitter?
Thx!
(2013-01-25, 23:27)panni Wrote: Any idea why our builds differ by 1 MB?

No idea. I've changed the system playercorefactory.xml to open streams and pvr in dvdplayer, but those changes won't account for 1MB.Huh

(2013-01-26, 02:26)Saxtus Wrote: I wonder why navigational sounds don't play for you to test it.

As I wrote earlier, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. Probably, it depends on your sound setup.
I use "all in one" HC system connected via a spdif optical cable to my HTPC. In XBMC I've chosen the following settings:
XBMC (System > System > Sound): WASAPI - Realtek Digital Output.
DSPlayer (System > Video > DSPlayer): DirectSound - Realtek Digital Output.
(2013-01-28, 17:20)Roman_V_M Wrote: XBMC (System > System > Sound): WASAPI - Realtek Digital Output.

If you have spare time, can you switch from WASAPI to DirectSound and try to see if you have UI sounds (and if bug appears to you too)?
(2013-01-27, 21:15)Skank Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 10:10)Skank Wrote:
(2013-01-25, 23:16)Roman_V_M Wrote: It seems that avsplitter cannot process DVD IFOs. You should try another splitter (honestly, I don't know which) or use XBMC's dvdplayer.

The latest build: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmdbaan5pelurme
based on this commit: http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...f6eb138e7b

Aha thx roman, any idea if in future it will support dvd ifo?
Does lav splitter support it?

Since avfilter cant do dvd ifo..
Is there a way to make use of the dvdplayer for all dvd ifo and for all internet streams...
?
Will support for dvd ifo come in avsplitter?
Thx!

anyone?

(2013-01-26, 01:29)Saxtus Wrote: It's just half MB difference!

I've installed this one and I can confirm that the "UI sound effects looping while video paused" problem is still there,
like it was at the two previous builds. The last one without this problem, is still the 20130104-45733c3-dx build.
It only happens with DSplayer as a player, i.e. if I open the video with XBMC internal player using your build, there is no such issue.

(2013-01-28, 17:20)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 02:26)Saxtus Wrote: I wonder why navigational sounds don't play for you to test it.

As I wrote earlier, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. Probably, it depends on your sound setup.
I use "all in one" HC system connected via a spdif optical cable to my HTPC. In XBMC I've chosen the following settings:
XBMC (System > System > Sound): WASAPI - Realtek Digital Output.
DSPlayer (System > Video > DSPlayer): DirectSound - Realtek Digital Output.

Hi

I just started using XBMC-DSP Frodo build on my machine, as mainly a Collection manager and player, and i registered just to confirm Saxtus's issue. I am using Roman's latets build found a few posts ago, and have the same Navigational looping issue when the video is paused. It does not happen all the time, but crops up 3 out of 5 times the video is paused. the only way to stop the looping sound is to STOP the video and restart it. I will try and post a video of the bug if possible soon.

EDIT: It's not just when paused, but if you try to use any kind of navigation while watching a video.

Cheers
(2013-01-29, 12:18)PhOeN!X Wrote: EDIT: It's not just when paused, but if you try to use any kind of navigation while watching a video.

I have enabled the option to play UI sounds only when video is not playing, that's why my report is a bit different than yours.
Thank you for taking time to register to report this.

I will wait for Roman to switch to DirectSound and check for himself, before I capture and provide video evidence.
(2013-01-29, 17:27)Saxtus Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 12:18)PhOeN!X Wrote: EDIT: It's not just when paused, but if you try to use any kind of navigation while watching a video.

I have enabled the option to play UI sounds only when video is not playing, that's why my report is a bit different than yours.
Thank you for taking time to register to report this.

I will wait for Roman to switch to DirectSound and check for himself, before I capture and provide video evidence.

I guess you mean the "Play GUI Sounds - Only when Playback is stopped" ? I have the same option set-up. Maybe that is causing the error ? Have you tried using some other setting ? I will do some testing tonight and post here.
So do we have a Frodo release + DSPlayer build? Smile
Hello everybody!
Frodo (the final version) is out.
Does some body can built the DSP version?
Please, I don't know how to do this.
Thank you.
(2013-01-29, 18:59)Kolmain Wrote: So do we have a Frodo release + DSPlayer build? Smile

Perhaps a new thread would be welcome too .. (even with how to's and stuff)
This is still the eden build thread Wink
(2013-01-28, 18:33)Saxtus Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 17:20)Roman_V_M Wrote: XBMC (System > System > Sound): WASAPI - Realtek Digital Output.

If you have spare time, can you switch from WASAPI to DirectSound and try to see if you have UI sounds (and if bug appears to you too)?

Yes, with DirectSound in XBMC Sound settings I've been able to reproduce the issue. But honestly, I don't think this is a big problem, because AFAIK using WASAPI it the best practice for XBMC AudioEngine. Anyway, I'll inform Eduard K. about this.

PS. The code based on the final 12.0 is available, so either panny or me will post the installer later, depending on who makes it first.Smile
Cool guys thanks.
I hope this doesnt mean the end of Eduard entries on this forum!!
I agree with the idea of creating a new thread for Frodo 12 Final + DsPlayer, and wish Roman continue sharing with us future fixes and improvements

Thanks again to Eduard, Roman and Panni.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
As for a new thread: would definitely make sense, I can't volunteer though, I'm approaching a deadline in a project atm.

A final frodo and the current tip build will be build by me on Friday, given that no one else does that before I can.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13