XBMC and Ubuntu web server on same machine.
Hi,

Sorry if this is a repost.

I have been playing with XBMC for a day or so and love it. I have a spare laptop that i use as Ubuntu web server (subsonic, samba, ftp). If i install XBMC using this how to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...repository

Can i run Ubuntu server on back ground and XBMC on foreground with all features of both?

Thanks.

PS:-Does Hulu work on XBMC or is it broken at the moment? I installed the bluecop's plugin but i get playback error.
Amor cuerdo, no es Amor.
Yes you can run a server and XBMC on the same machine. I have set them up under Ubuntu and AppleTV (original) . IN fact I have ran LAMP/XAMPPon bopth with a shared database.

SOme people even run Asterisk on their XBMC machine
MarkosJal Wrote:Yes you can run a server and XBMC on the same machine. I have set them up under Ubuntu and AppleTV (original) . IN fact I have ran LAMP/XAMPPon bopth with a shared database.

SOme people even run Asterisk on their XBMC machine

How can I easily switch to tty mode and then back to xbmc?

Thanks.
Amor cuerdo, no es Amor.
donniezazen Wrote:How can I easily switch to tty mode and then back to xbmc?

Thanks.

CTRL+ALT+F1/2/3/4

or just ssh to your xbmc
wsnipex Wrote:CTRL+ALT+F1/2/3/4

or just ssh to your xbmc

Thanks i found it in wiki.
Amor cuerdo, no es Amor.
donniezazen Wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this is a repost.

I have been playing with XBMC for a day or so and love it. I have a spare laptop that i use as Ubuntu web server (subsonic, samba, ftp). If i install XBMC using this how to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...repository

Can i run Ubuntu server on back ground and XBMC on foreground with all features of both?

Thanks.

PS:-Does Hulu work on XBMC or is it broken at the moment? I installed the bluecop's plugin but i get playback error.
maybe this will add some perspective:
by default xbmc-live runs an ssh server in the background (it is also one's prerogative to configure apache webserver or any other server daemon) and it doesnt affect video playback.

i've gotten mixed results with bluecops hulu plugin too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Ubuntu web server on same machine.0