• 2(current)
[NEW] iOS 4.3 Build 8F455 For ATV2 - THIS IS WHY IT'S CRASHING
It was the newest release, 4.3 (2222) I think it said? I couldn't find anything about the 8F*** coding. But Vimeo was in the menu and working before jb, and now it's gone and replaced with a fully functional xbmc. Also, I didn't have to download any ipsw's or anything. I literally updated iTunes to the latest, connected the ATV2 via micro USB, ran Seas0npass, pushed buttons for DFU mode, clicked yes to auto restore in itunes, and when all that was done hooked it up to the tv, put in english and the network and everything was jelly after that. Big relief on my end!
Maybe Apple is still signing the previous firmware and that is why it is allowing you to put the older JB'n firmware on the ATV? Not sure just a thought...
lowridin_guy Wrote:Maybe Apple is still signing the previous firmware and that is why it is allowing you to put the older JB'n firmware on the ATV? Not sure just a thought...

Apple usually continue to sign the old firmware
for a few days after they drop a new firmware...

NOTE:
so if you didn't make backup of your SHSH blobs
do it quick before it is to late !!!
Okay, how do i do that ?
freddurrr Wrote:Okay, how do i do that ?

Check the FAQ... always a good place to start no matter what the question is:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99315
electricd7 Wrote:Freddur-

TinyUmbrella must be installed on a jailbroken ATV2 and allows you to backup your shsh blobs so that you might downgrade to the version you are currently at later. There is also no way to get to the shell without being jailbroken, so unfortunately, you must wait for this version to be jailbroken.

ED7

- Tiny Umbrella is installed on a Mac or PC, not on an ATV2.
http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

- Tiny Umbrella can and should be done before jailbreaking.
http://appletvblogr.com/2010/12/how-to-s...yumbrella/
Is there any point in tinyumbrella if you've already jailbroke the device?
chibwack Wrote:Is there any point in tinyumbrella if you've already jailbroke the device?

Yes.

Sorry..... I mean...

YES!!!!

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Yes - TinyUmbrella saves the SHSH Blobs for the version of software (IOS) you are running. If you have these saved and accidentally upgrade to a newer IOS version that does not allow it to be jailbroken or causes XBMC to malfunction for example, this allows you to go back to the version you are at which you saved the SHSH blobs which is jailbreakable or runs XBMC.

*Think keys to go back in time.
chibwack Wrote:Is there any point in tinyumbrella if you've already jailbroke the device?

Yes. Each iOS version has different SHSH blobs. Each SHSH blob you're able to save will let you downgrade to that version.

If you never want to go back to a version then there's no point in saving that SHSH blob... but you never know if you'll want to go back so best to save them just in case.
Too last for me now,I have to wait for an update jailbreak for this new ios 4.3 build.Bcause last night xbmc within atv2 was crashing so bad that I decided to start from fresh( jailbreak with nitotv install ) and now I can see xbmc and either install " updatebegone "Sad
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note
adioukrou.
adioukrou Wrote:Too last for me now,I have to wait for an update jailbreak for this new ios 4.3 build.Bcause last night xbmc within atv2 was crashing so bad that I decided to start from fresh( jailbreak with nitotv install ) and now I can see xbmc and either install " updatebegone "Sad

I got it figure out!!!!Big Grin
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note
adioukrou.
adioukrou Wrote:I got it figure out!!!!Big Grin

That's great, would you care to share your solution with everyone so that people other than just yourself might benefit? Wink
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:That's great, would you care to share your solution with everyone so that people other than just yourself might benefit? Wink

Im a noob to the atv2. But i been jailbraking iphones and rooting android fones for years now. Im a quick learner. Anyway.. i purchased two atv2 and they both came updated and had the vimeo channel. I been struggling for days trying to downgrade because i didnt have the shsh blobs. But i figured out a work around.

First i made a custom fw with seasonpass. Then i used ireb to put the atv2 in dfu mode. After i went into itunes to update. I pressed shift down and selected update and selected the custom firmware. I have tries this method 3 times now. With my own atv2 and my neighbors which he updated accidently. Worked flawlessly!
I am guessing that apple are still signing the 8F305 blobs..

I would make sure you have them backed up before it is to late Wink
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[NEW] iOS 4.3 Build 8F455 For ATV2 - THIS IS WHY IT'S CRASHING0