Episode list container in Fanart view
I've been messing around with View-Fanart.xml trying to get a few things the way I like them; and I've ran into something I can't quite figure out.

Long story short, I've moved the episode screenshot to the far right side of the screen so I could add the season case art on the left side. What I'm stuck on is I don't know how to make the list container shorter on the Episodes view while keeping it the normal length on Movies/Shows/Seasons. Any changes I've made to the list container change it on the other screens as well.

Using <visible> tags I've managed to hide the full size list on the episode screen only, but I haven't had any luck adding a shorter list exclusive to that screen. I'm a novice at this stuff and have only gotten this far with a couple hours of trial & error.

here's a link to a higher res pic http://imgur.com/a/d0nAk#OWsCE

mark.neil99 Wrote:Any changes I've made to the list container change it on the other screens as well.

so duplicate the list container code and use the visible conditions so one shows up for episodes and the other for anything except episodes.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:so duplicate the list container code and use the visible conditions so one shows up for episodes and the other for anything except episodes.

That was the first thing I tried but I couldn't get it to work right. I could get the second list to show up, but the list items wouldn't be selectable. I think having two lists with the same id's and different visible tags was causing an issue with the second list gaining focus. So instead of having:

Code:
<control type="list" id="50">
<visible>!Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>

<visible>Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>

I defined a new view "49" in MyVideoNav.xml and made the lists

Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>

<control type="list" id="49">
<visible>Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help.

glad you got it working.

having two lists with the same id can indeed cause unexpected bahaviour...i should've thought of that :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode list container in Fanart view0