[HowTo] AMD E350 Zacate with Video Acceleration -- Natty + XBMC PVR easy install
demiurg Wrote:Thank you!! I've been following the Robotica thread for a while, but it never really worked out for me for various reasons (biggest reason might be my n00bness)

THIS is the thread that worked perfectly for me.

The only addition I would like to make is to make sure to enable the "tear free" option in the catalyst settings window. It makes a big difference for me in faster scenes.

This option is mostly for TVs that don't support 100/120Hz. A good TV usually has a signal processor that does it better. Activating both(TV and on GFX) will most likely have negative effects.
Thanks for the great tutorial, I followed the rules closely, making it even installatacion over ssh and the result is exceptional. Videos 720p operate without any type of lag (I have not tried with 1080), the jumps in the film are super fast.

PS: My motherboard is an asus e35m1-m. The temperature after 3 hours of use was left at 62 ° C with no fan and a enviroment temperature of 25 ° C ¿is correct this temperature or too high?

EDIT: My base system is a ubuntu desktop 11.04 x64 with 4 Gb RAM without swap partition.
Many, many thanks for this tutorial chessplayer, and also many thanks to Robotica for his work getting things off the ground.

I've just got set up on another Asus E35M1-I, playing 1080p video @ ~20% cpu - fantastic!

I've also just made the switch to XBMC from Boxee. Boxee is giving Linux users very little support these days. Looks good so far!

Many thanks again.

Edit: oh and just to add, I used the 11.9 Catalyst drivers (8.892) without any problems. I needed to reboot after installing catalyst and before trying to use the Catalyst Control Centre otherwise I got errors.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for a nice TUT that finally worked without hassle. I also got it working with the catalyst 1.9 and a ASUS E35-M1 and Ubuntu 11.04 x64.

I have one issue remaining though.

When pausing HD-material (*.mkv) and then resuming, sound and picture often goes out of sync.

Anyone else having this problem? Someone might even have a solution :-)
Thanks for the great tutorial! Everything is working on my ATI HD4350, but I have one small issue. Is there a more updated ppa for the PVR branch? I am using a newer version of "pre-eden" on my main unit with an SQL database... the PVR version installed with the tutorial is too old to read the current database version.
Hi everyone!

I will probably build a small HTPC with an AMD Zacate next week.
I'm very happy to see it's working fine on linux.

Is one of you tried any heavy streaming from youtube or other website?
Example :
http://www.crunchyroll.com/hd_demo?from=hd_demo&720p=1

I want to use my HTPC to also watch flash content from youtube, crunchyroll and funimation (No Netflix) and really want to be sure it's aright.

Thanks everyone!

Regards.
Is it work with Ubuntu Oeneric Ocelot?
benyb Wrote:Is it work with Ubuntu Oeneric Ocelot?

My understanding is that AMD Fusion support was introduce in Kernel 2.6.38.
So any recent distrubution with the latest Catalyst driver should be fine.
slaeggan Wrote:Thanks for a nice TUT that finally worked without hassle. I also got it working with the catalyst 1.9 and a ASUS E35-M1 and Ubuntu 11.04 x64.

I have one issue remaining though.

When pausing HD-material (*.mkv) and then resuming, sound and picture often goes out of sync.

Anyone else having this problem? Someone might even have a solution :-)

Hi Slaeggan, I'm having the same problem too, and also when I rewind. I have found a very quick blast of fast forward followed by hitting play again sometimes fixes it, but obviously it's not ideal. If anyone else has a better fix please shout!
Look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99154&page=50
Hello i'm a poor french guy with a AMD Fusion on UBUNTU Narwhal...

I've done the instructions and some 1080p are playing good ! But others 1080p aren't playing good. I've the first picture of the movie that flash on the movie's playing...

Do you understand me?

Sorry for my english...

Can you help me?

Thank a lot !
Thanks for short and clear guide.
Added to my bookmarks for the minute I'll have a chance to to re-install Ubuntu over my Windows 7.
Has anyone tried this with 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot?
wsnipex Wrote:Look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99154&page=50

Sorry, can you confirm which part of that thread you're referring to?

Thanks.
According to https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+archive/xbmc-pvr
ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr is no longer updated. Is there a newer repository people are using now?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HowTo] AMD E350 Zacate with Video Acceleration -- Natty + XBMC PVR easy install0