• 1(current)
Web Server enhancements/improvements (to XBMC's built-in webserver for remote-contol)
one featre i would like for the webserver is for it to display song in the queue and to allow you to delete any song you wish from it.
i would like to second this feature request. it would be great to be able to view your que and also remove files from it.

keep up the good work guys, i am loving xbmc more and more with each release.
it would be nice if you could also create a playlist of the queued songs.

or how about the webserver allowing you to create and save playlists.
i would like to see the built in webserver auto create photoalbum pages. so that i have a web site that auto updates a reflection of the photos i have shared to the xbox. would this be possible? seems like it would not be too hard.
just make a directory under the current web one and place your photos. then go to http://ipofxbox/nameoffolder
and it will make a list of all photos there....
hello there

i need to change the port that the xbmc webserver runs on from port 80 to something else.

is this possible?  (dont ask why!Wink
no, you can't unless you now how to code. i saw a thread somewhere about how to chnage the port in the sourcecode tho.

moving to the "feature suggestions".
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hello all,
i was wondering if there's a button/command in the webinterface where you can clear the playlist.
now you can only clear it song by song .. :nuts:
i haven't found it yet .. (maybe i've overlooked it)
if it's not there, would be possible to make a button in the webinterface so you can clear the playlist.
i'm using the interface a lot and it would be a handy feature. ..

thank 4 all the effort and time you all have put into this.
i love this feature for the webserver, and would love it even more if you could do it inside the gui, it's great when you plan to watch a few movies with friends, or you want to que up a few playlists, please intigrate this into the gui.
die hard xbmc and xenium user.

Sad 
are there any way of making the webserver password protected, or something like that? i would like to use it, but since my xbox is directly connected to the internet, i don't want anybody to be able to shut it down, play music and so forth...
Shocked
okay, great. Smile
but in the meanwhile, are there any way of coding this using asp or javascript? i tried doing some ip-lookup, but it didn't seem like it was supported.

any ideas?
first off, thanks for a great product - it's amazing. i have 3 xbox's running xbmc in the house, all frontending my media server and replaytv. all great stuff.

one feature request. the xbox in my family room is hooked to a whole house sound system. i use it instead of the my sony cd jukebox. when i am in room listening to music from the whole house system, i can't see the display of the xbox, but use the web server to control the playback and playlists etc...

it's very hard to see what's in the queue, what changes when you add a track, or album etc... could the web server display be made as friendly to use as the main gui? i'd love to see the stack of queued requests and control the playback over the web server.

thanks again,
mike
id also like to thank everyone for a really great product.
xbmc is currently my sole reason for using the xbox.

but as i use it most of the time as a jukebox, just to listen to music, the web interface is actually what i use most, and it definetly has its shortcomings.

i guess there are plenty of users - myself included - who could easily both update the current web-gui, but also code new functions and web apps for xbmc if only the api had been a bit more available.
i have read the sources and found most of the functionality, but still i miss a bit of documentation on all the internal functions that are available for web developers.

so please, just document and update the api, and i guess you will see more users getting involved. it is after all a bigger step to patch and fix the c++ source, and it would hopefully give us small and unworthy users an opportunity to get involved int his awesome project.
hi guys

after tearing out my hairs more than once over the disablity to "remove all" songs from the current playlist i sat down and wrote support for it. what came out is a checkbox next to each song in the playlist and a "remove selected" link at the bottom of the page. of course i didn't forget to add the "select all" button.

check it out on the xbmc sourceforge page, patch # 102174.

cheers

lob
not sure if i should file these as bugreports or feature suggestions on sf. there might be reasons for them not being added already, but here is a short list:

i know we are short on (hardware) resources, but i dont think any of these should demand to much from the poor xbox. and they would make my life as a web developer quite a lot easier.

things i'd really like to have added to the asp-code:
o simple array handling
- nothing big, just a simple split() (no regexps, only split on a single character), and a foreach().
- if it was possible to use var[0...n] to access these arrays as well as foreach that would just be really great. and if i could use html form elements named var[0] and var[1] and access these as an array it would be like christmas and my birthday at the same time.
o simple string parsing.
- just a substr() so i can access the first character (or character 4-9) from a string.
o a simple replace() would also really be nice. just so i can replace all "_" with " ". still no regexps required (although i wouldn't oppose regexps ofcourse... =;-)

and a few more xbmccommand()s
o xbmccommand(nowplaying)
- returning current artist/album/title
o xbmccommand(catalog, move,up/down)
- only works in playlists - moves an item up or down in the playlist.
o xbmccommand(volume,up/down/mute/unmute)
- not sure if mute/unmute is neccesary - pause/play might be ok if it is hard to implement muting. but volume up/down would be great.
o xbmccommand(search, "string")
- returning a "virtual catalog" of matching file/directory names. this might be quite much work, especially with big smb mounts and such, so it is only and added bonus.

and just a few minor bugs/annoyances
o all non-ascii charcaters are translated to "_". this include quite a lot of national characters. maybe &#charactercode; is better? or something like htmlentities() in php.
o when adding a directory to a playlist the entries are sorted differently from when the directory is opened and listed. they should probably be sorted the same way (alphabetically?).

other than this, i'd just like to say that xbmc is _constantly_ improving, and is really starting to be a gem for "home entertainment".

and btw.
about the "remove all" in playlists. you can have a look at my post in this topic. it does not need any patches to the webserver code:
http://www.xbox-skins.net/index.php?showtopic=2383

rgds
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Server enhancements/improvements (to XBMC's built-in webserver for remote-contol)0