• 3(current)
[WIP] Media Manager for NAS coded in php
tamplan Wrote:Ok, this is an example.

For the movie 'Four Weddings And A Funeral' (http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/712), the name of my file is '4 Weddings And A Funeral.avi'.

The search with themoviedb return me no result, so I think i need to inform the user a new file is detected but not found by the application, perhaps with a list in the web interface.

In fact, it is not my main problem for the moment because I need before to complete my code and add a NFO parser file, work on movie stacking and much more...

I think the best solution is a seperate log page, where you can see everything on INFO or DEBUG level. And with a seperate table underneath it for the files that have failed.
tamplan Wrote:Ok, this is an example.

For the movie 'Four Weddings And A Funeral' (http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/712), the name of my file is '4 Weddings And A Funeral.avi'.

The search with themoviedb return me no result, so I think i need to inform the user a new file is detected but not found by the application, perhaps with a list in the web interface.

In fact, it is not my main problem for the moment because I need before to complete my code and add a NFO parser file, work on movie stacking and much more...

Ah I see. Just a simple list should suffice. Maybe a list of partial matches to choose from for each but also allow the URL to the actual movie to be pasted in manually in case no partial matches were found?
smiffy1989 Wrote:Ah I see. Just a simple list should suffice. Maybe a list of partial matches to choose from for each but also allow the URL to the actual movie to be pasted in manually in case no partial matches were found?

With php and regexes it should also be possible to determine the percentage of match.

"4 weddings and a funeral" might match for example 83%. It would be very nic to have a threshold setting, saying grap the nearest match but match should be at least say 75%.

That will make sure above examples will still be automated.
I was going to do a similar kind of project for XBMC-library maintenance, but it seems the wheel is already being 're-invented'.. :-)

Just wondering what sort of multi-language / localisation technique you are using. For example, separate language files with PHP constants that are included in the main application? If so, you could share one of those with us, so we can go ahead and do some translating in advance?

Also, if this tool is fully using a PHP framework, it should be relatively simple to create/parse versions for smartphone and/or tablet-specific webinterfaces.

Looking forward your progress on this project!
The translation method is to use an arry with unique keys.

The problem is that I use severals files to organize the project and copy/cut/paste/rename/move large pieces of code between files all the time.

Actually, i have more or less break parts of the application changing functions of a class 'xbmc.php' to a new class 'VideoInfoScanner.php'.

This is how i work :
- code for handdle movies in one folder
- then modify actual code to handdle movies in severals folders (search movie.tbn, movie.nfo, folder.jpg ...)
- then code for tvshows and change the actual code...

The class 'VideoInfoScanner.php' just make me crazy to work with all cases of organization, i have not coded a dvd rip folder and a blue ray folder for example.

More news as soon as possible.
tamplan Wrote:The translation method is to use an arry with unique keys.

The problem is that I use severals files to organize the project and copy/cut/paste/rename/move large pieces of code between files all the time.
Hmmm... Wouldn't it be easier to use a separate file with CONSTants with only one INCLUDE_ONCE() action at the top of the application? That should be available application-wide right away. I think phpBB uses this method as well. On the other hand, if you are using the MySQL database anyway for all XBMC stuff, why not put the translations into the database? It's only an observation. Both methods haves plusses and minuses..

However, that's only my perception. Hope u can spend lots of time the coming weeks on your (and "our" Laugh ) project!
There are informations about the language system in CodeIgniter : http://codeigniter.com/user_guide/librar...guage.html.

I use severals keys depend of the context, for example :
- 'btn_save' => caption of the button Save
- 'btn_cancel' => caption of the button Cancel

And others examples :
Code:
$lang['media_path'] = "Emplacement :";
$lang['media_original_title'] = "Titre original :";
$lang['media_directed_by'] = "Réalisation :";
$lang['media_written_by'] = "Scénario :";
$lang['media_first_aired'] = "Première diffusion :";

// Update or error messages for jglow
$lang['msg_tagline_updated'] = "Accroche mise à jour.";
$lang['msg_overview_updated'] = "Résumé mis à jour.";
$lang['msg_new_set_added'] = "Nouvelle saga ajoutée.";
$lang['msg_bad_data'] = "Information manquante ou trop courte.";

// Titles for link in boxes
$lang['title_poster_choice'] = "Choix de l'affiche";
$lang['title_banner_choice'] = "Choix de la bannière";

I use different files to a better organization.
Hello Tamplan,

I'm a french web programmer and also an happy Nas owner Smile I would be glad to help you on your project in any ways you need.

Feel free to ask ! i can help you on HTML/CSS, test, translation, even some piece of PHP even if i'm not specially familiar with your framework.

In fact, i started a few weeks ago a similar project based on a very powerful function provided by the TMDB API : the ability to identify a movie from the file hash & size

Unfortunately, someone erased critic informations of TMDB database, breaking down this feature and i had to abort my project...

An identification feature based on this function would be so benefic for application like yours... But without a strong info provider...

Anyway, i'm here and motivated, so if i can help...
Good news !!

Follow the link in my signature and register to my site, i'll have your contact information.

CodeIgniter is a very easy framework to learn, don't be affraid !
Looking forward to this being released Smile
I have open an project page on Source Forge : http://sourceforge.net/projects/nasforxbmc/.

There is nothing for the moment but this is the new site of my project.

Feel free to join me but my english is not very good, perhaps informations will be written in french and english there.
tamplan Wrote:I have open an project page on Source Forge : http://sourceforge.net/projects/nasforxbmc/.

There is nothing for the moment but this is the new site of my project.

Feel free to join me but my english is not very good, perhaps informations will be written in french and english there.

Cool but.... why not github?
I dont know perhaps because source forge is the oldest in the place and the project is open source.

Code will be available via svn or git in source forge.
tamplan Wrote:I dont know perhaps because source forge is the oldest in the place and the project is open source.

Code will be available via svn or git in source forge.

Yeah I'm sorry I'm a noob, I wasn't even aware git was possible on Sourceforge. When I saw source forge I thought SVN : meh
After reading http://recomparison.com/comparisons/1015...vs-github/ or others pages in French, i decide to create an account on github : https://github.com/tamplan/Media-Manager...-for-XBMC- and forget Source Forge.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Media Manager for NAS coded in php2