Netflix playback not displaying properly
Hello all. I would like to use XBMC on my HDTV to watch netflix. I have the XBMC gui up on my TV and I control it with my android phone. However, when I go to play a netflix movie it opens up Internet Explorer and plays the netflix movie on my computer's monitor! Why is this? Is XBMC unable to play netflix streaming content independently, and even if that is not an issue why does the IE playback go to my computer monitor and not the TV?

I originally tried to use Boxee but found that XBMC had a lot more functionality and was smoother/cleaner than Boxee, but this is a real odd setback. Even a relatively crude programe like Boxee has proper netflix playback! Please help!
c47man Wrote:Is XBMC unable to play netflix streaming content independently, and even if that is not an issue why does the IE playback go to my computer monitor and not the TV?

I recall there being a good reason why XBMC doesn't play NetFlix. I think it's because NetFlix uses MS Silverlight, and this isn't available on unix and OSX. You don't say how you're playing NetFlix movies; I'd guess you're using an add-on, but all the add-on does is to use IE as an external player.

I'd guess from your post that you're using a PC with dual monitors, an LCD monitor and a TV. If so, the problem is that there's no way to tell IE which monitor to use (maybe there is - it might be worth a Google).

I think Boxee have a special arrangement with NetFlix, and they don't have to support multiple platforms.

JR
Thanks for the info!

Yes, currently I have two 1080p LCD monitors, one of which I have to disable when I want to use my 720p HDTV. Maybe if I make the HDTV my primary display when I switch to it... but that will screw up the layout of the my other monitor.

While I'm on the topic, you wouldn't happen to know of any program or utility out there that is similar to Vista Audio Changer except for displays, would you? It'd be great to have my right LCD monitor automatically switch with my HDTV whenever XBMC or Boxee are run.
So I'm guessing then that this is something that hasn't been made?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix playback not displaying properly0