Align to right of
How do align an object to the right of another object?

I'm trying to say "episode number episode title" (e.g. EPISODE 7 CHUCK VERSUS THE FAT LADY) but in different font sizes, so would need to use separate labels, how do I align it so that when it reaches episode 10 the gap between the labels stays the same?

I know I've read it somewhere a while ago but can't remember, think it may have something to do with grouplists?

Thanks in advance.
yup, put the two labels in a horizontal grouplist
and use auto-width for both labels.

Code:
<width min="10" max="200">auto</width>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Or use <align>right</align> for the episode label and <align>left</align> for the title label.
Thanks for the replies but I don't understand how grouplists work...

At the moment my code looks like this

Quote:<control type="grouplist">
<posx>215</posx>
<posy>15</posy>
<width>700</width>
<height>60</height>
<itemgap>10</itemgap>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<visible>true</visible>

<control type="label"> <!--episode number-->
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>11</posy>
<height>60</height>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>bottom</aligny>
<label>[UPPERCASE]Episode $INFO[ListItem.Episode][/UPPERCASE]</label>
<font>osd time</font>
<textcolor>infogrey</textcolor>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>
</control>

<control type="label"> <!--episode title-->
<posy>15</posy>
<height>60</height>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>bottom</aligny>
<label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[ListItem.Title][/UPPERCASE]</label>
<font>osd title</font>
<textcolor>infogrey</textcolor>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>
</control>

</control>

However that doesn't display anything and the wiki page for grouplists really doesn't help much...
Grouplists don't work in a container if you're trying to do that... you have to use <align>right</align> to achive what you want to have.
That depends on what you mean by a container...

Unless I'm reading the wiki page wrong...

Quote:Auto Size Labels

Wrapping your label in a grouplist with the auto width and appropriate minium and maximum values. Allows the labels width to dynamically change relevalant to how long the label text is. This allows a image or other control to be alligned to the right of the actual label text no matter how wide the label is.

...it should be doable, I just don't really understand how grouplists work.

I would do it the way you're suggesting but then there will still be difference between 'EPISODE 9' and 'EPISODE 10' - just at the start rather than the end.
With inside a container I mean inside itemlayout or focusedlayout of a list or panel control. You have to use it outside of a container. And you'll always have a difference between 9 and 10, just because 10 is wider than 9... either at start or at the end depending on which align you use.
Ah right, thanks for the reply, it's a shame they can't be used in a container but I'll make do, got another grouplist working as well so it's all good!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Align to right of0