VNSI on ATV2 / IOS, where to place reports?
Hello,

where should I place reports / questions on VNSI on an Apple TV 2 device.
Here it may be to much on IOS specific issues and in the IOS forum it is definetly too PVR centric.

E.g.: I hear that with other servers it is running flawlessly. But my setup with VDR backend runs only SD content interlaced without buffering. SD deinterlaced or HD content in general don't run without buffering / stuttering / slow motion.
Is this also the case with other backends or an issue on my setup?
Quote:SD deinterlaced or HD content in general don't run without buffering / stuttering / slow motion.

What does that mean in terms of progressive and interlaced? In general SD is broadcasted interlaced. Does this run smooth?
Are you saying that HD is stuttering for progressive and interlaced content?
FernetMenta Wrote:What does that mean in terms of progressive and interlaced? In general SD is broadcasted interlaced. Does this run smooth?
Are you saying that HD is stuttering for progressive and interlaced content?

SD can be shown interlaced smoothly but with no WAF. When I switch on deinterlacing (which must be done in software on ATV2), then it stutters.

Yes HD stutters in any case. But I read that when played locally it runs smoothly. Maybe for other backends as well.
XBMC treats a video stream coming from a PVR backend much like a file played from a local HD.

Quote:But I read that when played locally it runs smoothly

If this is the case, something is wrong. In order to verify you can record a sample and move this to the local HD. Do you see any difference?
@FernetMenta

could it be something like this issue? http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=853375&postcount=6

The encoding of the H.264 HD material seems b0rked (its with tvheadend in this example)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have seen cases where backends have reported wrong stream parameters, e.g. wrong width, height, or toggling interlace flag. But mostly on particular channels. Not sure if this is the case here.
I have no experience with ATV2. How does de-interlacing work in general on this platform?
No clue. Just activate deinterlacing and its done somwhere in software Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
But you have this Broadcom Crystal HD card installed, right?
Some more information:
- The windows client plays HD as expected
- IOS does start recordings when used through PVR plugin, you can hear sound but no video. Only the menu and so on is visible
- IOS doesn't see the recorded VDR file (00001.ts) when I try to open it with VIDEO entry in XBMC. Neither through SMB nor when searched locally. Switching the naming (e.g. .ts to .mpg) doesn't help. When search with Windows the file is visible.
FernetMenta Wrote:But you have this Broadcom Crystal HD card installed, right?

That's the ATV1 mod.

The ATV2 is capable of playing 1080p h264 content (hardware accelerated), but outputs at max 720p. It will struggle with 720+ xvid content, as this is software decoded.

Besides this, I know nothing of the PVR setups, so this was just for your info.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with ATV. A quick search has shown that it plays no ts format ootb, right?

@Memphiz do you know whether this could be handled inside xbmc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNSI on ATV2 / IOS, where to place reports?0