Movie title renaming/reordering inconsistencies
Question 
There seems to be some major inconsistencies when trying to rename/reorder files on XBMC.

Sometimes if I rename certain files, it will reorder in the library according to the new name I gave it. (Le fabuleux destin d'amelie poulin > Amelie = beginning of list)

Then other files, when I rename them do not reorder at all (Lord of the rings: Fellowship, Return, Two Towers > Lord of the rings I, II, III = still out of order)

Why is it that some files will reorder when I rename them and others don't extremely frustrating when there's trilogy's and stuff!
brendch06 Wrote:There seems to be some major inconsistencies when trying to rename/reorder files on XBMC.

Sometimes if I rename certain files, it will reorder in the library according to the new name I gave it. (Le fabuleux destin d'amelie poulin > Amelie = beginning of list)

Then other files, when I rename them do not reorder at all (Lord of the rings: Fellowship, Return, Two Towers > Lord of the rings I, II, III = still out of order)

Why is it that some files will reorder when I rename them and others don't extremely frustrating when there's trilogy's and stuff!

How are you renaming them, and you using files view or library? If using library, have you tried doing custom info files using <sortorder>?
I'm renaming by bringing up the context menu and selecting "Change Title" in library mode
This will sort alphabetically.. if you are trying to change the sort order but maintain the original titles then you will need to add <sorttitle>LOTR I</sorttitle> and so on.. or something to that effect.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

This is why I'm saying it's inconsistent. If I rename LOTR series to LORT I, II, II then it should reorder them, but instead they're still stuck as their old file name order (return of the king in the middle) even though their titles are now changed.
I suggest using the <sorttitle> </sorttitle> tags in your .nfo files and then you can revert back to the original film names. that will sort your problems out.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie title renaming/reordering inconsistencies0