• 12(current)
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader
I pay $9 a month for easynews, it's not expensive unless you don't have your own income and need your parents card. I remember asking my mum for an easynews subscription about 10 years ago, she asked me to justify it, I told her all the stuff I could get for us and she was like HELL YEAH!

It's incredible value for money.
Any news on an update?
No window is popping up when I try to add a provider. Any ideas?
so is this project dead?
--
Kalim3ru Wrote:Usenet is expensive!
Wrong -
http://www.xsusenet.com/en/
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
j1nx Wrote:OK, my contribution so far.

For the linux users

1) The following bash file can be used to manually start AutoMovies. Can be included into the next version.
AutoMovies.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

set -e

/usr/bin/java -cp lib/*:conf -javaagent:lib/openjpa-all-2.1.0.jar apps.automovies.Main

2) The following bash file can be used to autostart AutoMovies at startup. Can be included into the next version.
AutoMovies.rc
Code:
#! /bin/sh

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          AutoMovies application instance
# Required-Start:    $all
# Required-Stop:     $all
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: starts instance of AutoMovies
# Description:       starts instance of AutoMovies using start-stop-daemon
### END INIT INFO

############### EDIT ME ##################
# path to app
APP_PATH=/path/to/automovies

# path to python bin
DAEMON=/usr/bin/java

# startup args
DAEMON_OPTS=" -cp lib/*:conf -javaagent:lib/openjpa-all-2.1.0.jar apps.automovies.Main"

# script name
NAME=automovies

# app name
DESC=AutoMovies

# user
RUN_AS=user

PID_FILE=/var/run/automovies.pid

############### END EDIT ME ##################

test -x $DAEMON || exit 0

set -e

case "$1" in
  start)
        echo "Starting $DESC"
        start-stop-daemon -d $APP_PATH -c $RUN_AS --start --background --pidfile $PID_FILE  --make-pidfile --exec $DAEMON -- $DAEMON_OPTS
        ;;
  stop)
        echo "Stopping $DESC"
        start-stop-daemon --stop --pidfile $PID_FILE
        ;;

restart|force-reload)
        echo "Restarting $DESC"
        start-stop-daemon --stop --pidfile $PID_FILE
        sleep 15
        start-stop-daemon -d $APP_PATH -c $RUN_AS --start --background --pidfile $PID_FILE  --make-pidfile --exec $DAEMON -- $DAEMON_OPTS
        ;;
  *)
        N=/etc/init.d/$NAME
        echo "Usage: $N {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2
        exit 1
        ;;
esac

exit 0
To use, edit at least the "path" and "user" variable and;
Code:
sudo cp AutoMovies.rc /etc/init.d/automovies
sudo /etc/init.d/automovies start

3) At start I got the following error;
Code:
java.awt.HeadlessException:
No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.
    at java.awt.Desktop.getDesktop(Desktop.java:124)
    at apps.automovies.Main.main(Main.java:39)
I am running it on a headless server, so please make this an option to be set; "starting browser at start". Sickbeard and Couchpotato both have it as option.

4) Some small (cosmetic/useability) things every where, like adding a "browse" button to the "add movie folder" dialog etc. But I am not going to bother you with those at this stage.Big Grin

That all I can do for now because I have no nzbmatrix (VIP) account. So for me; The next thing is to wait for newznab support (hint!)
This is a legendary post! Thank you VERY much j1nx.
Got this running on XBMCLive now - BUT and few issues I have come across which looks like it's not working correctly. Loading does this before the Movie folder structure appears and when saving any settings. Permissions perhaps?

Shame progress on this seems to have slowed down. Sad
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Is this completely dead? Desperate for a quick way to upgrade all my SD films! (Adding them all to CP is not quick...)
dannycorker Wrote:Is this completely dead? Desperate for a quick way to upgrade all my SD films! (Adding them all to CP is not quick...)

You could try this...http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8569

I have not used it myself, but it looks like something you may be able to use.

Mark
Is it possible to get this running with a reverse proxy?
dannycorker Wrote:Is this completely dead? Desperate for a quick way to upgrade all my SD films! (Adding them all to CP is not quick...)

mwkurt Wrote:You could try this...http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8569

I have not used it myself, but it looks like something you may be able to use.

Mark

You could also use MCM on the movies you want to upgrade.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
what is MCM?
--
prophetizer Wrote:what is MCM?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71696

I am also using Movie Grabber as mentioned earlier. Although MCM seemed to work better at downloading a higher quality movie.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
thank you. kind of sux as auto movies looked so promising
--
MCM only works with torrents?
--
hell id say manually selecting the best quality torrent is still up to today in order to be able to decide if that copy is truly better than yours and not a fake the best way, the one and only way if youd want fully automated youd need an ai that learns and adapts to what you like and how you decide between good quality and best etc , fake or not fake etc etc , wich is impossible at least for now xD

take for example how in hell is an automated program supposed to know its sposed to download this file or that one? not possible atm -.-' as said....sure you can set certain rules but that still wont suffice for the human way of randomly picking movies based on youre intuition xD

p.s: mcm sux bad btw ive tried it -.-', ember is the way to go , plus the guy wants money from you for it for it to be fully usable , its scraping results are horrendous -.-'
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader3