Adding one movie and library issues
Hi, I've searched around a while and haven't found an good answer to this. I've been using XBMC with Aeon for a year or so on both Win7 and MacOS and I try to keep the libraries in sync between them.

I like to add movies and shows in trickles every now and then, especially when I get something new. Is there an easy way to add just ONE move or show and not have the whole library try to update?? It seems like such a simple thing. I first use Ember Media Manager to do the scraping to get info and fan art, and then I have to update the entire library.

This wouldn't be such a problem, but I like to put dvd and blu-ray extras in an "Extras" subfolder for each movie, and every time I update the library, XBMC rescrapes and gives bogus info for some of these extras. How do other people deal with extras, and where do you put them? I don't mind extras not showing up in XBMC; in fact, I prefer it. I just want them on the hard drive so I can look at them every now and then. There seems to be an option to disable recursive folder updating, but that kills the updating for tv shows and such because they're organized in subfolders.

if anyone has any tips, i would love to hear them!
In file view select the Extras subfolder, bring up the contextual menu ("c" on the keyboard), select "Set content" and tell it to exclude that folder from scanning.

I don't use Ember, but whenever I add just one or two movies and update my library it only scans the new movies and is very quick about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding one movie and library issues0