Hardware and DTS-HD
I use XBMC for a long time ago and want to use it again.
But the reson I change from XBMC to a hardware player (Dune) was the possibility to play DTS-HD.

So my first question is offcourse... It is possible to play DTS-HD with XBMC?

And if thats possible what motherboard & graphic card should I use?
... I'm pretty much in the same situation as you are in.

I also bought a Dune Smart D1 because of DTS-Master.

With respect to XBMC, I found out the following:

1. In principal, the next major release of XBMC (Eden) will support the HD sound formats.

2. On ION and ION2 platforms, like my Xtreamer Ultra, HD sound will not work, even when Eden is installed.

I still hope that someone proves me wrong. But it seems as if HD-sound is not supported on ION/ION2 platforms.

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
ix400 Wrote:... I'm pretty much in the same situation as you are in.

I also bought a Dune Smart D1 because of DTS-Master.

With respect to XBMC, I found out the following:

1. In principal, the next major release of XBMC (Eden) will support the HD sound formats.

2. On ION and ION2 platforms, like my Xtreamer Ultra, HD sound will not work, even when Eden is installed.

I still hope that someone proves me wrong. But it seems as if HD-sound is not supported on ION/ION2 platforms.

Chris

Okay, I tested the most recent Eden build on Win 7 on an Xtreamer Ultra. Result:

No DTS-MASTER, No TrueHD.

Disappointing.

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Check this thread out...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware and DTS-HD0